AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Laptop Crash  (Read 2672 times)

Paulc

Laptop Crash
« on: September 06, 2009, 09:04:40 PM »
As the title suggests my laptop has 'expired' (i think - will get it checked tomorrow) When I get the replacement will I need to reinstall the navbox software from my original cd or can I do it directly from the website. If from the cd only is there a way of getting a more up to date copy of the 'nav data' as I had not backed it up in a while. Mine had approx 84200 records which is probably far less than most but I had spent time adding some missing codes for a trip in a few weeks.

besty

• County Durham, Land of the Prince Bishops
Re: Laptop Crash
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2009, 09:13:25 PM »
Full Download (106 Mb including all translated manuals):
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/ANRB301BetaSetup.exe

use this I did a full install on my new laptop and copied over the navdata a dn mylog files from a backup.

Hope this helps

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 09:53:14 PM »
Paul,

There is a fair chance that you will be able to recover your Navdata.db3 and MyLog.db3 files from your old laptop hard drive.  You will need to remove the hard drive and connect it to the new machine using a USB adaptor.  This is the one that I've got:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=35057

I last used it to recover data from a friends laptop after he had a boot problem.

Of course, this assumes that your hard drive hasn't expired!

Paulc

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 11:22:24 AM »
Thanks for the replies - have got an IT tech looking at it tomorrow - finger crossed I can get both those files off the hard drive

Paulc

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 02:57:54 PM »
Success - my laptop hard drive is still ok and I was able to retrieve the mylog & navdata files off it.