anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gulfstreams misbehaving  (Read 3561 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Gulfstreams misbehaving
« on: September 07, 2009, 12:27:16 PM »
Just been watching odd behaviour from yet another GLF5 - I first spotted this Kaiser Air example over the North Pole, and one minute later it was over Lancashire - impressive performance!

It was also transmitting two different Flight IDs and showing silly altitude changes. What is it with Gulfstreams?

Rod
Rod

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Gulfstreams misbehaving
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 01:09:33 PM »
Just been watching odd behaviour from yet another GLF5 - I first spotted this Kaiser Air example over the North Pole, and one minute later it was over Lancashire - impressive performance!

It was also transmitting two different Flight IDs and showing silly altitude changes. What is it with Gulfstreams?

Or, more precisely, what is it with Gulfstreams and RadarBox? 

I had N225EE on SBS about half an hour ago inbound to Farnborough, steady as a rock.

As I've mentioned before, the RB/Gulfstream problem is very reminiscent of the SBS/Challenger issue a few years ago, fixed by a firmware upgrade on the box without having to go around the world upgrading the fleet's avionics  :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

itestoo

• Radarvirtuel
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 08:04:44 PM »
I have the same problem on googlemaps api here is somme bug position receive from france
A engenior how works at Thales say to me that is probably a default from the signal how touch différent matérial, like Tower, building and then when the signal arrive in the Radarbox sometimes it's a wrong position.

Best regard's
Laurent
www.radarvirtuel.com/googlemaps

[attachment deleted by admin]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2009, 09:59:28 PM »
A engenior how works at Thales say to me that is probably a default from the signal how touch différent matérial, like Tower, building and then when the signal arrive in the Radarbox sometimes it's a wrong position.

But would that not affect all aircraft, not just Gulfstreams ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 06:08:43 PM »
Watching N225EE on its return journey now, and it's behaving itself perfectly well - ID and altitude holding steady.

Nothing's changed on my RadarBox or software.... heaven knows what conclusions to draw.

Rod
Rod

EK01

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 06:31:56 PM »
Rod,
He's just passed me here in Glasgow heading North and the height readouts are still all over the place. One minute he's showing 28,000ft and then it goes to 800ft then back up to 26,000ft. Wouldn't like to be a passenger in that. He must be flying through extreme turbulence.

Ian

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 02:49:03 PM »
Just been tracking N225EE again, and it's constant altitude changes every second or so.

Now the interesting bit.  It was on approach to EGPE, and once it got below about 5000ft, the altitude remained steady at it's true altitude.  Is it a coincidence that I've got transition altitude set to 5000ft in RB?