anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Annoying Alert requestor behaviour?  (Read 8647 times)

radarspotter10

Re: Annoying Alert requestor behaviour?
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2009, 08:53:19 PM »
It is interesting that fom almost 4000 users it's always the same 5 reporting new problems day after day... :-)

I thought that AirNav had high standards.  It's folk like me that report annoyances and not bugs as commented by others.  I'm sure that there are more than 3 others here that report annoyances.

As a retired designer of business programs and a retired programmer, I can't help but notice when programs don't work how a customer would expect them to.  These comments are not about bugs (= a fault in the code), but things that are annoying to users.  The program is probably doing what it's designers and programmers expected.

I would have thought that the purpose of the pop-up panel was to allow a user to continue with other work.  Then when alerted, take a quick look and decide to stop working and have a more detailed look or continue, quickly dismissing the alert panel.

It would appear that to remove the panel, the user _has_ to go into RB.

It would produce better publicity for potential customers looking, if the AirNav response was something like:-

Thanks for that suggestion, it would make the program more user friendly.  We will add that to the list of improvements.  However we are busy writing exciting new features, which we hope all will find interesting, and they take precedence.

The quoted AirNav posting has caused the resulting unpleasant postings, the original post was unanswered for a long time.

Incidentally my other posting made earlier giving advice to users has not received a derogatory remark.

Reg.

hi landyman.
What was all that about.
from pat

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 09:04:40 PM »
Sorry landyman.

A few users in the morning where making our life hard on the forum by posting stupidly causing us to question every post posted during that period.

We will be taking it into account as we have done for many customer suggested feature requests in the past.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 09:29:02 PM »
It is always the same users that continue to have problem after problem after problem even if some of those problems don't even exist.

We don't know what causes, not more that 5 users, for months, spending every day reporting application faults on this and other forums and, as a "total coicidence", some of them are part of our competitors development team, beta testers, forum moderators.

One of them is even the top poster of our competitors forum with thousands of positive messages regarding our competitors system and then come to this forum with complains day after day. The others spend their days trying to find RadarBox problems in a website that was previosuly totally associated with our competitors. Another one created that website...

Time has shown that the more they talk about RadarBox, the more they raise the attention to our system and generate more users, many of them frustrated owners of our competitor's product which didn't have a single major software upgrade for several years.

So continue your marketing job: we thank you for that. RadarBox is here to stay, win and our total commitement to development says it all.

We strongly believe that our forum users are tired of this wars so please leave them to those websites where negative users tend to stay.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 09:38:04 PM by AirNav Development »

Hamish McTorsk

• Radarspotters
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2009, 10:39:39 AM »

We strongly believe that our forum users are tired of this wars so please leave them to those websites where negative users tend to stay.

Ask yourself this Airnav, who started the "WAR" way back in march 2009.

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »
Sigh

Come on Airnav.  Your running a beta welcome comments.. Maybe the same 5 have time on their hands to report the bugs/annoying features and felt they are trying to help.  

Others like me are not always inclined or have the time to report everything.  Especially if you're shot down in flames if you do it regularly....  In life you should now the majority say silent.  You are not going to get the 4000 reporting bugs.  IMHO You will be lucky to get 40.  You see on this forums it is mainly the same people posting.

And for the record the way the Alert pop works does annoy (maybe too strong a word) me.  I would prefer to clear the screen but not always switch to ARNB.  In fact I think it has was highlighted a long time ago and I believe I concurred at that time.

Graham

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2009, 11:03:46 AM »
We have no issue with people making constructive comments and or have issues that we will look at. Our continued beta program shows that. We are working hard and listening.

Its posts above from Hamish and other members who don't want that and just want to discredit AirNav for whatever purpose.
[email protected]

mjleprix

« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2009, 11:14:35 AM »
Don't really know what the issue is here- the alerter works just fine for me :when you are on another program, it just pops up in the bottom corner of the screen and you can then react as you like ,go to ANRB or just exit the alerter. Its not too difficult.
 This is not an exact science and never will be! enjoy it for what it is. An excellent program
which the developers keep improving!
Mike P

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2009, 11:21:31 AM »
Thanks mjleprix,

We have decided that any infighting now on and any of those user who are know trouble makers, who post anything silly will be removed.

The last couple of threads have all been hijacked and taken away from the main question in the posts.

You have been warned now.
[email protected]

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 01:06:57 PM »
Adding to what our support reported we have been very clear: we have thousands of users that are not interested in these kind of topics/wars.

We have a list of users who are well known for having the sole purpose of creating problems, finding inexistent errors and try to report them everywhere. Our user base is not interested in this kind of activity.

We will not allow any kind of similar topics to be developed.

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2009, 01:14:52 PM »
"or just exit the alerter. Its not too difficult."

Mike

Think you miss the point.  It is exiting the Alerter where the debate is centred.  On most occasions when you close the alert pop up you are brought back to the ARNB screen.  For some that is OK, others including me would prefer to stay in the window they are in and just close the pop up.  

TBH I don't see what all the fuss is about.  It is something that some would like changed, that is all.

Graham

DazrahT

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 09:35:33 PM »
My suggestion then is have a user selection in options panel.

If you want to be taken direct to AirNav when you close Alert or have option to close alert, but without focus being given to AirNav. Simple.
In the middle of EGBE and EGBB