AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Duplicate alerts - popup & email  (Read 16955 times)

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
Re: Duplicate alerts - popup & email
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 08:48:42 AM »
I can confirm I received dulicate alerts for B744 - 9V-SPP.

Yes - just looked 2 x alerts for the B744. Thats another side effect of the last 2 or so beta's. It'll send the (duplicate) alert only once, then never again for that aircraft type until I restart RadarBox, so I see more B744's on the interface screen, but RB isn't alerting for them any more.

I'll let it run a bit longer before I revert to my email address. Its also set to alert for A320 or A380's..

Actually I just heard some more alerts....

yep - you should have a couple of emails for an A320...

Will revert to my email address now....

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 08:55:16 AM »
Just to check - did you remove the extra cr/lf on the end of your alert setups?

And what are your timeout settings?

I see from your registry that you have other Airnav software running.  Any chance that may be interacting with Radarbox alerts?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 08:58:50 AM by tarbat »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 08:59:35 AM »
Just to check - did you remove the extra cr/lf on the end of your alert setups?

yep - thats all done, didn't make any difference....

fyi here are the 2 duplicate popup alerts just sent to abrad41

And what are your timeout settings?

On the original XP install they are 30/30. I've left them at default on the Vista install so 30/60

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2009, 09:00:57 AM »
I see from your registry that you have other Airnav software running.  Any chance that may be interacting with Radarbox alerts?

Thats the AirNav ACARS decoder - also only running on the XP install - not installed on this Vista one.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2009, 09:02:22 AM »
And the other one just off the bottom of the screenshot?  Looks like ANCT or something.

I wonder if this alert problem could have anything to do with timezones?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 09:07:09 AM by tarbat »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2009, 09:08:27 AM »
And the other one just off the bottom of the screenshot?  Looks like ANCT or something.

ANST - No idea what that is - I haven't installed any other AirNav software - the registry key has a subkey called 4x, but apart from that is empty anyway. It doesn't exist on the Vista machine.

GlynH

« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2009, 04:54:47 PM »
Thats the AirNav ACARS decoder - also only running on the XP install - not installed on this Vista one.

Have you tried ANAD together with the latest ANRB Beta?

For me it was like regressing back to v1.4 what with window resizing problems affecting ANAD (we are well past that in ANRB hopefully) and even instances of clicking the ANAD in the toolbar and having the ANRB window resizing!

http://www.screencast.com/t/OWybgDgv

Obviously not as important as resolving the ANRB Beta but just doing the honourable Beta thing and reporting what I find...;^)

Just wondering if it were me out on a limb once again?

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2009, 05:44:19 PM »

Did you pursue this at all?  What timezone do you run on?  Might be worth trying UTC as an experiment.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2009, 08:13:47 PM »

Have you tried ANAD together with the latest ANRB Beta?-

I've had it running constantly on XP (and with the latest beta) and not noticed any problems like you're seeing. When I plug the RB back into the XP machine I'll connect it again.

I thought it was probably best not to install anything extra on the Vista machine while trying to sort out the alert problem...

Obviously not as important as resolving the ANRB Beta but just doing the honourable Beta thing and reporting what I find...;^)

Indeed - that's why they are paying us the big bikkies :)

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2009, 08:15:13 PM »
Did you pursue this at all?  What timezone do you run on?  Might be worth trying UTC as an experiment.

Not yet - I'll try it when I get home tonight.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2009, 10:03:29 PM »
Well I must say this duplicate alert thing is VERY FRUSTRATING!! :)

I've tried the timezone thing and it had inconsistent results, from not getting ANY alerts until after a reboot, to the usual state of multiple (one time) alerts.

I realised most if not all of my installs had been from the base software CD received with my RB which is v2.01. I've now downloaded all the FULL install packages so have v2.0, v2.01, v3.0b and v3.01b (last one is over 100mb).

I've tried to do fresh installs of all of them, but when "uninstalling" Radarbox there is always files left behind and also registry entries so if anyone can tell me how to do a total RB removal I'll give that a shot, as I'm still getting random and weird results, but this is what I've done.

Using the old version full installs and not updating the ANRB.exe

Uninstall RB and install v2.0 - I get a single alert for each aircraft
Uninstall RB and install v2.01 - I get a multiple alerts alerts for each aircraft (except A380!)
Uninstall RB and install v3.0b - I get a single alert for each aircraft
Uninstall RB and install v3.01b - I get a single alert for each aircraft

I then updates the last full install with the latest v3.04b and get the multiple alerts again.

The really weird thing is that I'm now only being alerted ONE TIME for each aircraft type (including the multiple alerts) FOR ALL 5 VERSIONS installed. After being emailed for the initial sighting (be it single or multiple alerts) I never get any alerts (popup/sound/email) for that type of aircraft again. I previously received the alerts each time a new aircraft was detected, so this is really confusing.. even more so because its happening on both machines!

for now I've had enough. If someone can advise me how to totally remove all traces of RB from my machine I'll try again, one of the full installs (not v2.01) and the latest beta, but otherwise I just seem to be going around in circles.....

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2009, 02:06:49 AM »
We have explained the situation by email. Basically if you have an aircraft:
G-BNLA which is a B744

And you have an alert set for G-BNLA and B744 you will get 2 alerts as two 2 fields match.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2009, 06:46:50 AM »
And you have an alert set for G-BNLA and B744 you will get 2 alerts as two 2 fields match.

Unfortunately I don't have an alert for G-BLNA so that's not the cause of the problem. The B744 that I got the alerts for  wasn't VH-OJK  (althought that is a B744 as well). Likewise when I got the alerts for VH-OJK there were no alerts for the B744.

In reply #32 above you can see I have 2 alerts for B744 9V-SPP and A320 VH-VNG, neither of the registrations are in my alert list.

Also it doesn't explain why after I have received 1 (or a duplicate pair) of alerts I get no more for that aircraft type.

e.g. I got a (duplicate) alert for an A320 last night. In the following 10 minutes I saw about 4 other A320's but no alerts. I've just got home now, and since the 4 sets of alerts that were send last night I have not received a single other alert. You can bet there have been plenty of A320's B744's and the odd A380 detected but not alerted in the last 20 or so hours.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 06:59:47 AM by pjm »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2009, 08:02:21 AM »
Is anyone else getting this duplicate and missing alert problem?  If there is, can you establish anything common between you that's different to other users.

As a test, I've added A* and B* to my Aircraft Type alerts.  I don't get any duplicate alerts, and I continue to get alerts for every aircraft that appears.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:06:58 AM by tarbat »

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2009, 12:09:46 PM »
So I've uninstalled RB yet again.

This time I also deleted the whole "C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009" directory and any remnants that were left.

I've also removed AirNav Systems\ANRB registry entry

and rebooted.

You'd think I have a clean system now...

Reinstall RB 3.01b and the latest 3.04b ANRB.exe

and the result?

SAME AS BEFORE!!!!! :(

so looking at tarbat screen above I've done some more tests.

1) I unticked the "send an email" alert. Interestingly now I'm only getting single audible and screen notification messages.

To me this indicates a conflict somewhere with the email routines and the duplicate alerts.

2) I took tarbats idea of A* and B* wildcards, and used them for the "Aircraft" alert and got rid of the specific types.

I'm still only getting a single alert for every type of aircraft,  but I'm getting one for every different type. e.g. I have alerts for "one and only one" A320, B734, A380, B763, B738, A332, B773, A321, B737, A333. i.e. I've seen multiple examples of these types in the interface screen, but am only getting alerted once per type.

To me this indicates RB is building a table somewhere and once it has sent 1 alert for a particular aircraft, its not sending any more for that type.

AirNav Development - over to you - is this any help?