anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Hardware?  (Read 28857 times)

radarspotter10

Re: New Hardware?
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2009, 10:59:35 PM »
Pat from Ireland (or Robbie, Valerie, or whatever), there is no fuss, just a number of us who appreciate the advantages of having the possibility of using ethernet with the Radarbox for their various and diverse reasons.  Nobody mentioned "free", and just because you don't understand why this potential development may be useful to many users, it doesn't justify daft comments like that.

DC
hi deadcalm.  (from the vulture forum or whatever)
I am glad your just a number, did the word free hit a nerve.
Who is Robbie, Valerie, tell them i said hello.
from pat

« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 11:30:45 PM by radarspotter10 »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2009, 06:27:24 AM »
hi deadcalm.  (from the vulture forum or whatever)
I am glad your just a number, did the word free hit a nerve.
Who is Robbie, Valerie, tell them i said hello.
from pat

Well said !

Just because all three of you come from Ireland, use all-caps for your sig line, and say "my be" instead of "maybe" proves nothing at all ...
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Fenris

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2009, 06:44:29 AM »
Just because all three of you come from Ireland, use all-caps for your sig line, and say "my be" instead of "maybe" proves nothing at all ...

Hmm. So you're not just good at decoding Mode S then Dave.....!

EK01

« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2009, 09:10:15 AM »
But I don't spend all my time in the office, and I sure would like to be able to view it with my laptop, say, when I sit down with a beer after supper.

That's exactly what I'm doing now,  Watching Scotland v Netherlands, and looking at my Radabox via. Teamviewer on my Netbook.

Tarbat,

Wasted your time watching Scotland v Netherlands. Just as well you had your RB on as well. Much more interesting.

Ian

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2009, 09:42:49 AM »
Lets keep on the topic and stop in the infighting please. Thanks
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2009, 12:37:52 PM »
Hmm. So you're not just good at decoding Mode S then Dave.....

I used to teach English, I notice these things :-)

In fact (getting slightly back on topic) you will notice in V3 that examples of "Portuglish" on some of the screens have now been changed to English, for which I can modestly take credit.  I won't embarrass anyone by pointing out what they were (and there are a few still outstanding which I've just reminded AirNav of off-list).
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Fenris

« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2009, 01:38:22 PM »
Well, that's good, but I'm sure in my case my Portuguese grammar would be pretty bad!

aarbee

« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2009, 02:31:35 PM »
I also would appreciate an ethernet connection. As I am using an ION Atom box at the attic. And it does not perform that good, I must say.
If I remember when I had attached to my amd64 server from 6 years it performs zero.

Wether I use Terminal Server or not, it gets very sloppy when I use the network traffic. Though the processor is only used for 20-30%.

So if I could connect a network connection to the box, I could run the application  from my desktop.

FlightChaser

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2009, 03:58:00 AM »
I guess i caused some discussion here!
Airnav - Ethernet is a real hardware requirement I guess :)

Aerotower

« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2009, 10:55:37 AM »

In fact (getting slightly back on topic) you will notice in V3 that examples of "Portuglish" on some of the screens have now been changed to English, for which I can modestly take credit.  I won't embarrass anyone by pointing out what they were (and there are a few still outstanding which I've just reminded AirNav of off-list).

Someone can explain me what is the problem of the Portuguese?
Thanks

radarspotter10

« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2009, 11:01:31 AM »

Thanks
hi Aerotower
i am sure the headmaster would explain it like this.
Portuguese    
To speak a mixture of Portuguese and English at the same time. Intermingling of words in a sentence from both languages that only someone who speaks both languages, or has recently begun to learn the other, would understand.
from pat
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 11:08:00 AM by radarspotter10 »

Aerotower

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2009, 07:20:46 PM »

Thanks
hi Aerotower
i am sure the headmaster would explain it like this.
Portuguese    
To speak a mixture of Portuguese and English at the same time. Intermingling of words in a sentence from both languages that only someone who speaks both languages, or has recently begun to learn the other, would understand.
from pat

But can you tell me where these words or phrases written in these two languages, the software RB? Best regards

GlynH

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2009, 10:12:06 AM »

Gary, don't you have any issues when you log on remotely and the screen resloution changes to match your remote PC?

Here for example I run my desktop at 1280 x 1024 but my laptop runs a maximum of 1024 x 768.

OK I can access my PC via MS RDP but it is a pain with screen redraw as I usually have multiple apps open but the biggest drawback is the size of the RB screenshot that is ftp'd to my web server changes from its usual 731 x 855 to something slightly different and that is enough to screw up the layout of the screenshot on my web page.

Probably easily remedied by some html work to the picture container on my website but slightly beyond my html knowledge (or interest level) I'm afraid...

OK..for anyone else who might have had the same problem with the map sort of being repeated if the original screen/map size chenged it was an easy fix.

I just added the no repeat line in my .css as follows;

}
#imagebox {
   width: 731px;
   height: 855px;
   background-image: url(images/RadarBoxScreenShot.gif);
   background-repeat:no-repeat;
   margin-top:10px;
}

Sorted!

That had been bugging me for a long time and had me spend ages in front of the PC trying to drag the RB map to give a finished dimension of 731 x 855

Might help somenone else who is as useless at html as I am! ;^)

Regards,
-=Glyn=-