anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New Hardware?  (Read 28968 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: New Hardware?
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2009, 03:16:02 PM »
Like our support correctly said the forum tends to be visited by more experienced users. Actually we have many more units sold than...forum members. :)

Ekki: regarding Wimo, you are a different dealer and on of the very few that reports that SBS-1 still sells a number of units comparable with RadarBox. Maybe you need to do a real push to the product there.

3D is something has been waiting for for years. And it is not only 3D but real models of real aircraft. There is anew world waiting for this hobby.

One thing we can assure: we will no lie to our customers (we will not repeat ourselves here but unfortunately we are on a market where the competition often bases their marketing on false/erroneous statements) and we will always work daily to achieve what the want.

Always growing, working, developing, listening  to opinion and be in direct contact. Just what this message is.

And expect more great news from us soon. :-)

radarspotter10

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2009, 03:16:14 PM »
Posting on my Blackberry - can't keep up with the thread!
show off,  hi the big man has one, President Obama
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 03:22:03 PM by radarspotter10 »

Aerotower

« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2009, 03:32:45 PM »
Quote from: Fenris

If I were a new buyer, I might be tempted to wait until the hardware is roughly equivalent!

It seems to me that the combination of wanting to be able to take a laptop to somewhere you can physically view the aircraft and for the RB itself to be physically located near to its antenna, which for best coverage etc will not be the one supplied with the box, means that a networked connection instead of USB would be an ideal approach.

Yes, i am a new buyer(I'm waiting) and for me its very important to have a ethernet port, because i have only 1 PC and i need it to take to University. For me and for the new buyer is more important have the ethernet port than the 3D map.

Sorry for my english.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 03:38:54 PM by Aerotower »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2009, 03:41:09 PM »
We have AirNav Live Flight Data software that enables you to share received data on a TCP/IP port in a much more efficient way than an ethernet port as only relevant messages are send (decrease in bandwidth).

Please contact our support at [email protected] if you are interested in it.

GlynH

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2009, 04:36:47 PM »
We have AirNav Live Flight Data software that enables you to share received data on a TCP/IP port in a much more efficient way than an ethernet port as only relevant messages are send (decrease in bandwidth).

Please contact our support at [email protected] if you are interested in it.

That's all well and good but all I am interested in is tracking aircraft that I can see from my house with my antenna not subscribing to yet another service.

For me the ability to 'logon' seamlessly to my RB from any PC in the house and also from my laptop when I am away from home would be a huge benefit to me.

I can actually do this now (of a fashion) but have to use USB->Ethernet hardware and/or software to achieve this but I have to use 3rd party utilities (which AirNav and its Distributor keep pointing out is one of the major advantages RB has over the SBS-1:-) and in any case is not as transparent nor effortless as connecting using TCP/IP to my own hardware for example.

I might take a look at ANLFD software though...although is there a reason you can't give details here and I have to contact support for info?

Regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 04:39:30 PM by GlynH »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2009, 05:20:52 PM »
Glyn, on a totally off-topic subject pls contact me asap as we are just waiting for you to release V3.03 to the beta testers. Rgd ANFD pls contact our support.

perezoso

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2009, 07:26:25 PM »
+1 for me on the ethernet, or another way to view/control the RB via LAN. 

I'm sure 90% or more of us have the RB in a fixed location.  Mine, its in my office.

But I don't spend all my time in the office, and I sure would like to be able to view it with my laptop, say, when I sit down with a beer after supper.

But no can do that right now.  Have to sit in front of the office computer if I want to watch it.

Or heck, just let a single registration connect to the network two times simultaneously. So that, in my couch potato position, I could just run the RB software, login to the network, and view it that way....
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:28:41 PM by perezoso »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2009, 07:51:07 PM »
But I don't spend all my time in the office, and I sure would like to be able to view it with my laptop, say, when I sit down with a beer after supper.

That's exactly what I'm doing now,  Watching Scotland v Netherlands, and looking at my Radabox via. Teamviewer on my Netbook.

radarspotter10

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2009, 07:52:09 PM »
hi all
Let me get this right some people want this Ethernet thing so they can go to work and watch it
is this right,  i think my boss would have something to say about that,
I just do not understand what all the fuss is about,  is there no software you can buy  or my be some people want it free from airnav.
from pat

perezoso

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2009, 08:03:02 PM »

That's exactly what I'm doing now,  Watching Scotland v Netherlands, and looking at my Radabox via. Teamviewer on my Netbook.

Yeah, this is an option with my Macs too, built into the operating system ("share screen"); but it's a inefficient and awkward way to solve the problem. It would work much better to directly control the RB (or access the network) from with the correct application.

Deadcalm

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2009, 08:08:22 PM »
Pat from Ireland (or Robbie, Valerie, or whatever), there is no fuss, just a number of us who appreciate the advantages of having the possibility of using ethernet with the Radarbox for their various and diverse reasons.  Nobody mentioned "free", and just because you don't understand why this potential development may be useful to many users, it doesn't justify daft comments like that.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

Aerotower

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2009, 09:00:57 PM »
hi all
Let me get this right some people want this Ethernet thing so they can go to work and watch it
I just do not understand what all the fuss is about,  is there no software you can buy  or my be some people want it free from airnav.
from pat

Ok I'll repeat:
Yes, i am a new buyer(I'm waiting) and for me its very important to have a ethernet port, because i have only 1 PC and i need it to take to University.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2009, 09:10:33 PM »
Posting on my Blackberry - can't keep up with the thread!
show off,  hi the big man has one, President Obama

Yes, but big fingers and a small keyboard in the back of a moving car just didn't work too well - back on the laptop keyboard now - lol

Fenris

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2009, 09:35:31 PM »
hi all

Er, no, I would like to be able to connect remotely wherever I am. Other people's working arrangements may well be different from yours, it's not a valid reason for questioning their needs.

I don't want it free, but to get it at all I need there to be provision in the RB hardware for an ethernet port or an expansion header to allow an ethernet transceiver to be connected, plus TCPIP support on the processor internally.

There's no fuss, it's a request for consideration for future development.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2009, 09:46:59 PM »

There's no fuss, it's a request for consideration for future development.

That seems fair enough.  A request to go on the list for consideration should new RB hardware be developed in the future.