anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: V3.03 Beta Ready  (Read 5496 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
V3.03 Beta Ready
« on: August 31, 2009, 10:54:44 PM »
Hi

After almost 2 weeks of extensive work by our development team (especially Aleksey) we have V3.03 ready for download. All the reported problems were corrected. Note that we had to touch and change some core programming which could (remotely) affect the performance of the application.

Download V3.03 from:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/beta/anrb.exe

To keep the testing work organized please send us your feedback before this Wednesday as we would like to release this Beta to the public this Thursday night.

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
Re: V3.03 Beta Ready
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 06:30:46 AM »
Don't know if this is a bug, or user/config error, but I got the following alert shortly after I started the new version for the first time.

Interestingly in the Alert panel the "flight id" tick box is checked, but there are no flight numbers in there. fwiw I haven't received these "blank" alerts before.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:45:26 AM by pjm »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 07:31:55 AM »
Something seems to have changed with the port 30003 data output, although I haven't quite worked out what it is yet.

JSTARS seems to be getting multiple hits on the same aircraft over and over again - not a RadarBox problem in itself, but an indication that something has changed.

Edit: Might have been a 'glitch' as it seems to have settled down now.  Just about to go out, so I'll look at this further this evening.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 07:42:04 AM by Allocator »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 07:51:32 AM »
I'm also see a flood of ID messages feeding into MilModeSLogger.  See all the duplicates in this example for UAL929.

abrad41

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 07:59:44 AM »
Hi

I have been running v3.03 for about 1.30 hrs and finding it very unstable compared to v3.02.

When I first started it up I left it for a while and the screensaver kicked in, when I tried to go back to normal, the RB screen was just blank and nothing showing.

As time went on, Things just did not seem right - when using the menu's they were getting slower and clicking between tabs (my flights, network, smartview, alerts) everything was hanging, to the point were in the end RB just came to a halt with the Not responding text.

Don't now what the 2/3 things you found to change - but for me v3.02 was far more stable and worked better than this one.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2009, 08:11:46 AM »
I installed v3.03 last night.  This morning I'm still getting the missing route data problem.  G-LGNA this morning was transmitting FlightID LOG49GA.  There's an entry in the route table for LOG49GA, but still that route data didn't appear in MyLog.

Same goes for at least two other Loganair flights this morning, both aircraft transmitting a FlightID that is in the routes table, but no route displayed.
- LOG36KP
- LOG09BT

Only appears to affect non-ADS/B aircraft.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 08:17:50 AM by tarbat »

EMA

« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2009, 09:49:16 AM »
Menus are okay for me and no lock-ups.

Comes out the screensaver okay but crashes after sleep.

I notice the myflights list is nice and stable if I select an aircraft it stays selected when the list updates this was not always the case before.

abrad41

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2009, 10:35:02 AM »
When I first started it up I left it for a while and the screensaver kicked in, when I tried to go back to normal, the RB screen was just blank and nothing showing.

As time went on, Things just did not seem right - when using the menu's they were getting slower and clicking between tabs (my flights, network, smartview, alerts) everything was hanging, to the point were in the end RB just came to a halt with the Not responding text.

After my earlier problems, I have been running the RB for about 2hrs and it seems to behaving itself now, came out of the screensaver ok and not hanging between Tabs.

Will test some more tomorrow morning when I am home again.

Cheers

Andy

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2009, 01:39:36 PM »
I've run the v3.03 beta now for approx. 14 hours without any lockups, etc.  Into both standby and hibernate without any problems.  Seems reliable enough, just the problems with port 30003 and the missing routes data.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »
Running the Beta V3.03 on the laptop now and everything seems to be OK although I still have my doubts about the port 30003 output, particularly after tarbat's observations.  JSTARS is definitely not as happy, giving me multiple alerts for single aircraft and occasionally locking up.

Also, it takes a little while for RB to return from full-screen mode, initially only showing the RB main window frame without the map or lists, but this might just be a laptop graphics issue - it does come back but it takes about 5 seconds to build the screen and list.

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2009, 07:57:42 PM »
Just now I caught a new aircraft, an A318 LAN Ecuador that was not in my MyLogs and it was not included. Appeared in the area of MyFlights, but was not registered in my MyLogs and not in my Reporter. I'm with the Auto-Populate cleared. Has anyone noticed this problem?

Frank

« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2009, 08:10:16 PM »
The problem of Network Aircraft jumping around on the grid seems to be solved. Great!

Just the disappearing of the lightining (white circle around tracked aircraft etc) keeps bothering me a bit , but this jumping around was the main issue I guess.

Frank

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 08:20:28 PM »
Agreed, Frank - it was a real problem for me, but now the grid is rock solid. As with you, the "focus" on the selected aircraft on the map does disappear.It would be nice if that could be fixed, but I can live with it.

But having routes in the routes table, with recent dates, but not showing up on the grid or map, is very frustrating. My feeling is that the situation is better than it was before (more routes are showing), but it certainly could be better.

I think the ball's in Andre's court on that one.

Rod
Rod

RNAGG

• Aerococus
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2009, 08:51:45 PM »
Fixed problem with multi-stop routes that did not appear in previous versions.

Here's an example of the flight GOL7650 SBCF-SBGR-SBFL-SBPA-SAEZ

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2009, 10:51:03 PM »
There is definately something seriously wrong with the way routes are being save to MyLog.

The attached CSV file is my log of flights from today, just listing those that have a FlightID.

The columns in this list are:
MyLog.Flights.Registration
MyLog.Flights.Callsign
MyLog.Flights.Route
NavData.Routes.FN
NavData.Routes.NO
NavData.Routes.ND
NavData.Routes.NV
NavData.Routes.CH

There is widespread discrepancy between the route saved in Mylog vs. the route in the routes table.  Sometimes completely the wrong route is being saved, and other times no route is being saved.

EDIT: Can anyone else spot the pattern to these errors?
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 10:54:44 PM by tarbat »