AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Broken USB connector  (Read 3569 times)

addycat

Broken USB connector
« on: August 28, 2009, 03:29:51 PM »
Hi Everyone,
A accident involving my RB and a tearaway 5 year old daughter has caused the USB connector to be broken off the circuit board. A little fiddling has shown nothing else to be broken - looks like just a little resoldering needed.

Can anyone direct me in the direction of someone who will be able to repair this. I contacted a local computer reapir company but they weren't keen to fiddle as they had no experience. I live in Derbyshire but can travel if needed.

Many thanks in advance.

bearcat

Re: Broken USB connector
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 06:24:14 PM »
I would give Waters & Stanton a call, they are the main distributors, they will be able to help you.

www.wsplc.com

regards

Stewart

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 06:51:28 PM »
bearcat is correct. Waters & Stanton should be able to fix it for you (they handle RadarBox returns) though as the damage is not covered under warranty it will cost you however shouldn't be too much.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

John Hargreaves

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 08:37:50 PM »
Addycat,

A trip out to AOR at Matlock could prove to be rewarding. Give them a ring on Tuesday. They fixed my box (albeit under warranty) in less than fifteen minutes - whilst I was there!

John H.
Chesterfield

perezoso

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 09:31:03 PM »
I had the same problem (except my foot was responsible) in Bogotá.  Took it to the "mall" where all the second hand computer equipment changes hands and found a guy who soldered it back onto the board for $5 in 15 minutes...  key being finding somebody used to soldering things so tiny.

addycat

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 11:17:47 PM »
Thanks to John in Chesterfield... I took my box to AOR in Matlock - they fixed it in 5 minutes for the princely sum of £10. Many thanks.