anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Version 3.02?  (Read 17955 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: Version 3.02?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »
I always have thought that a ModeS-code was unique.

When they are correct, they are.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

airdata

• Airdata
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2009, 09:09:45 AM »
The issue of 'crossed' flight ID's has been noted in Auckland, New Zealand on many occasions as well.  It seems to occur when the hex code of 2 different aircraft are similar (i.e. only a few digits apart).  Unlike the above replies - it is most certainly not the aircraft using the wrong hex code.  According to a local aircraft engineer, the hex code is set in the avionics bay of an airliner and cannot be changed by the crew.  It does appear to be a problem with the software where the flight ID is transposed to the wrong aircraft.  I am using version 3.01B and am hoping it will be resolved in 3.02.
Under the flight path, 5NM from runway 23L threshold at Auckland (NZAA), New Zealand.

John Racars

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2009, 09:15:01 AM »
Hi All,

Thank you all for your reactions! It is clear to me now what the cause of problems like I showed to you can be.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »
The issue of 'crossed' flight ID's has been noted in Auckland, New Zealand on many occasions as well.  It seems to occur when the hex code of 2 different aircraft are similar (i.e. only a few digits apart).  Unlike the above replies - it is most certainly not the aircraft using the wrong hex code.  According to a local aircraft engineer, the hex code is set in the avionics bay of an airliner and cannot be changed by the crew.  It does appear to be a problem with the software where the flight ID is transposed to the wrong aircraft.  I am using version 3.01B and am hoping it will be resolved in 3.02.

This is intriguing, and not something I have personal experience of.

Could you provide a couple of examples of what you have described ?
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2009, 09:42:27 AM »
It seems to occur when the hex code of 2 different aircraft are similar (i.e. only a few digits apart).

Probably caused by not being able to parity check the transmissions, and bit-errors causing wrong hex-codes to be received.  See:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1641.msg28677#msg28677
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3052.msg28434#msg28434

colinhall

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2009, 06:48:09 PM »
Tarbat, help, have just downloaded the 3.0 and I dont have the airport outlines. Can you point me in the right direction please. Colin.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2009, 06:54:57 PM »
Tarbat, help, have just downloaded the 3.0 and I dont have the airport outlines. Can you point me in the right direction please. Colin.

See the Downloads section of the RadarBox Utilities website

http://radarbox.gofreeserve.com/index.html

colinhall

« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2009, 04:56:25 AM »
Thanks for that Allocator. I could not remember where I could find it, thanks. Colin.

colinhall

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 03:06:05 PM »
Allocator, I have down loaded the outlines on the above website but they dont appear on the ANRB when I put it on. Im running it on my laptop on Vista and 64 bit(dont know if that makes any difference?) Colin.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2009, 03:17:59 PM »
Colin, in which folder did you install ANRB?  If you installed in C:\Program Files, then you'll need to put the outlines in Vista's Virtual Store.

marcdeklerk

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 01:30:40 PM »
Airnav a bit of an update on 3.02 please thanks

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 02:52:26 PM »
Its been a beta testing, the last final version had some issues (which is good they were caught) and hence we are fixing them as we type.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Jordan

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2009, 10:26:33 PM »
Hi Support,

Are problems like you can see below also been fixed? As you can see the given route-information can not be correct.

Exemples like this I see verry much, and every time when I am running RadarBox.....

For your information: the network was switched off all the time!

OMG! 334 Myflights? :O
when i get 30 its amazing....

airdata

• Airdata
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2009, 04:13:30 AM »

This is intriguing, and not something I have personal experience of.

Could you provide a couple of examples of what you have described ?

Here's a screenshot of 2 dupe flight ID's.  In past experience it has happened when the Hex code of the 2 aircraft is similar.  In this case this is not the case....

This was never a problem in version 2.  I am hoping it will be resolved with the new version when it does come out.
Under the flight path, 5NM from runway 23L threshold at Auckland (NZAA), New Zealand.

marcdeklerk

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 07:29:14 AM »
Airnav any update on the progress of V3.02 please