AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Ryanair and Manchester  (Read 4289 times)

EK01

Ryanair and Manchester
« on: August 18, 2009, 10:17:08 AM »
Hi Guys,

It has been announced that from October 2009, Ryanair will be pulling out of Manchester completely due to increased landing charges. Starting from the 1st of October, the following destinations will be cancelled with flights transferred to other regional airports (no reports as to which ones). Barcelona, Bremen, Brussels, Cagliari, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt, Marseille, Milan and Shannon.
Anyone in the Manchester area requiring particular Ryanair registrations, should keep a close look at their RB for Ryanair flights for the next few weeks before they disappear from the area.

Cheers,
Ian

EMA

Re: Ryanair and Manchester
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 10:57:17 AM »
They will be back Ian, its not the first time they have done this and it won't be the last ;-)

I believe they are hanging on with the profitable Dublin run.

Bye Bye Ryanair.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 11:17:27 AM by EMA »

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 02:43:52 PM »
Thanks EMA i thought they had done this before?
15 Miles East of EGNJ

EK01

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 03:19:53 PM »
It seems to be a favourite ploy of Mr O'Leary to threaten to close down bases if he doesn't get his own way. I just wonder if the ploy will work this time seeing as Manchester is privately owned and not owned by BAA. They may just call his bluff !

Ian

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 03:40:46 PM »
It seems to be a favourite ploy of Mr O'Leary to threaten to close down bases if he doesn't get his own way. I just wonder if the ploy will work this time seeing as Manchester is privately owned and not owned by BAA. They may just call his bluff !

Clearly there's an element of posturing involved, but at the end of the day Ryanair will stay at MAN if it's profitable for them to do so, and won't if it isn't.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

EK01

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 04:49:50 PM »
Totally agree with you Dave. However you just don't know with 'our friend' Michael. He does come up with some strange decisions and ideas. All in all, just a bit more publicity for him and Ryanair. He certainly is a master of free advertising !

Ian

EMA

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 05:33:58 PM »
What could Manchester Airport do? if they allowed Ryanair to operate with no fees then they would have to allow the same for other airlines.

Anyway Manchester Airport owns EMA so they will not totally lose out since the routes there are being increased.

EK01

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 01:38:04 PM »
EMA,

I also read recently that Ryanair were going to open a base at Leeds/Bradford. I wonder how many, if any, of the routes out of Manchester are being lined up for moving to Leeds/Bradford.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 11:22:44 AM »
Read an article somewhere  that matches those from Manchester to LBA? coincidence or what?
15 Miles East of EGNJ

EMA

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 05:57:52 PM »
I think Ryanair openly admitted that the transferred routes would go to LBA, thats until they transfer them somewhere else ;-)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 08:30:39 PM »
Maybe they'll move some flights to Blackpool - they pulled out of there in a hissy fit earlier this year.

Rod
Rod