anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: File Playback  (Read 3972 times)

Peter

File Playback
« on: November 14, 2007, 09:18:14 AM »
Yesterday I went to the airport to meet someone off a flight, so set the recorder going with a filter set up to show flights into Norwich only. The first query was when I used the embedded index to find the four letter code for Norwich, it entered 49k! Being unconvinced that this was an acceptable coding, I found the correct 4 letter code and left the system running from 0900 until it had its daily screen lock up @ 1130! The plane landed @ 1140 so most of its route across the UK is on file somewhere.
I assume that there is no fast forward way of viewing this file, the manual just glosses over recorded files. The only way that I can see of viewing it is to leave the file playing for a couple of hours covering the period from 0900 - 1100 and then sit and view the final 30 minutes. A very useful future software enhancement would be a feature to allow you to FF, or even enter a log at a particular time slot and play normally from that point.
A shame about the daily lock-up, it is not at the same time every day, it can also happen when the computer is just running AirNav RB, and no one here switching anything on etc which might send a spike up the USB line.

Peter

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: File Playback
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 11:29:32 AM »
Hi Peter,

Thanks the features you have requested have been noted. Also send support your .elf file in your application folder so we can see whats causing that crashing issue.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Peter

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 11:47:59 AM »
Sure, I'll do that. I set the playback going this morning and got on with other things for a couple of hours but noticed in the meantime that the recording had stopped itself around 0930 anyway! It was happy when I left my house @ 0915, so that is an unsolved mystery. When I returned @ 1500 the time on the computer was 1130 on the frozen screen, so programme must have carried on, but not recording, for another 2 hours. The only way to release it is to hold the button in until it disconnects, then boot it all up again from scratch. It may be that a certain amount of recorded data is corrupted by this action.

Thanks

Peter

Peter

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 03:19:49 PM »
An interesting result here which I will share with others. Because I couldn't find a .elf file the support guys ruled that the problem was not caused by their AirNav programme, which is odd because this machine has no previous history of crashes. However, when it did its daily lock-up today I had obviously to disconnect the computer and boot it up again. This is when I realised that the .elf file is only generated after a crash, and is deleted if you boot up the AirNav programme again, or perhaps it merges into old.elf.
This is why I could not find the file yesterday, but I made sure of capturing an example from todays' screen freeze. Have tried to send it to support twice and it comes back as mailbox full! So anyone else experiencing lockups make sure that you get hold of the .elf file before booting airNav back up again and hopefully by then their mailbox will accept your information.

Peter

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 03:57:29 PM »
We have pmed to where you need to send the file. We can't rule out that its not RadarBox causing the issue but without the elf file (debug file) it makes it very hard to point fingers at RadarBox and specfically a certain function
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]