anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.01 Beta - Part 2  (Read 72012 times)

radarspotter10

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.01 Beta - Part 2
« Reply #90 on: August 24, 2009, 11:56:18 PM »
protzenalp, the airnav support is well capable of answering any questions or messages without interference from others who for unknown reasons rally to their defence.
i'm glad for you that you don't have any problems but why advertise that fact?who is interested in that? what is the meaning of your message? you don't have a gripe? then why post? the forum is meant for resolving problems, not praising airnav. you can always start a new thread and name it " i dont have any problems with airnav"
cheers, frank

You see it as a problem, but I don't.

I think that the forum is much more than a 'problem solving' area anyway.  It is a community of like-minded individuals who want to help each other and to help AirNav produce the best possible solution to make our hobby more enjoyable.  Why not praise AirNav if it is deserved.  There are too many people out there in the big wide world who are quick to criticise but slow to praise.  You can get much more from people by working with them rather than shouting at them.

Just my simple view of the world - and completely off topic - sorry.
hi all.
To me this is a pastime that i enjoy, this forum is to help me do just that,
i have direct contact with airnav departments and they answer any question, now that's
a bonus compared to other forums.
Lets keep it that way, i and most others user appreciate there help.
from pat

EMA

« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2009, 05:01:22 AM »
I agree with Allocator, Airnav deserve praise because they listen to the end user and that is why most are happy. The forum is for us all to discuss issues if some members feel their issue is for Airnav only then use the PM facility and not the open forum.

Protzenalp

« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2009, 05:18:15 AM »
protzenalp, the airnav support is well capable of answering any questions or messages without interference from others who for unknown reasons rally to their defence.
i'm glad for you that you don't have any problems but why advertise that fact?who is interested in that? what is the meaning of your message? you don't have a gripe? then why post? the forum is meant for resolving problems, not praising airnav. you can always start a new thread and name it " i dont have any problems with airnav"
cheers, frank

First of all, I don't need you to tell me what I can post and what not. I didn't realise anyone had appointed you the thread police. Secondly, I wasn't praising AirNav, but I was disagreeing with your post and your point of view. There is a difference and it is something I am entitled to do. Thirdly, if the Forum was only for bleating and complaining it would be a pretty miserable place.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 09:31:30 AM by Protzenalp »

dumpty

« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2009, 06:11:34 AM »
cheers, frank

First of all, I don't need you to tell me what I can post and what not. I didn't realise anyone had appointed you the thread police. Secondly, I wasn't praising AirNav, but I was disagreeing with your post and your point of view. There is a difference and it is something I am entitled to do. Thirdly, if the Forum was only for bleating and complaining it would be a pretty miserable place.

Well said that man.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2009, 07:28:12 PM by AirNav Support »

GlynH

« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2009, 06:51:19 AM »
For God's sake AirNav lock this thread and start afresh.

Protzenalp, as much as we all feel frustrated - no matter which side of the fence we are on there is no need to get nasty & make insulting, personal remarks at another forum user.

Incidentally in response to a previous post by you where you state, quote;

"If there is an item which is ok for the majority of users, it would not make good business sense to pander to a noisy minority."

You will be aware, surely that even if AirNav did concede the point and change it to suit that it would not affect the majority of users anyway as it would still remember where it was set in any case?

It would however prevent that not insubstantial 10% of users who have paid a substantial amount of money to AirNav feeling alienated and upset - whatever their reasons - for wanting it to remember their own preferences.

I have always fed my data to the network but it does annoy me that ANother insist it always be turned on when starting the app despite it being turned off by the user.

TBH after reading this thread it makes me want to turn it off and just not bother any more...

-=Glyn=-

EMA

« Reply #95 on: August 25, 2009, 07:19:28 AM »
Glyn, locking the thread won't help because it will start all over again in a new thread.

The only answer is for Airnav to moderate the threads.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #96 on: August 25, 2009, 08:54:30 AM »
Any further discussion of the tickbox or personal insults and the post will be removed.

This has been done to death now and and its getting silly.

Lets look forward to the new release. The beta is being tested by our closed beta test group and they seem happy so far :)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Protzenalp

« Reply #97 on: August 25, 2009, 09:33:21 AM »
Protzenalp, as much as we all feel frustrated - no matter which side of the fence we are on there is no need to get nasty & make insulting, personal remarks at another forum user.

Glyn, you are of course absolutely right. I have removed the insult in question.

Mike

radarspotter10

« Reply #98 on: August 25, 2009, 11:21:36 AM »
so tick boxes are taboo. ok when is the 3.2 version due? so that we can finally praise airnav for their good work, i hope.
cheers
frank
airnav
I get the feeling there's people on this forum on a mission.
sterigia, try reading the post "Any further discussion of the tickbox or personal insults and the post will be removed".
from pat

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #99 on: August 25, 2009, 11:45:44 AM »
sterigia,

Its now your last chance, any other silly posts from you and you will be banned. We are not going to respond to any of your posts which are written to get a reaction from us, we don't have time for silly games.

I agree radarspoter10 there are peope on this forum who are only here to cause trouble or want a specfic feature/change and do anything to get it pushed through.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Deadcalm

« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2009, 03:47:52 PM »
I don't like silly posts, or silly games either, so, Airnav - straight answer - why can the Shared Flights check box not be "off" by default?

Reasonable question, to which you have not yet posted a satisfactory answer.

DC
Go around, I say again go around...

EMA

« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2009, 05:21:37 PM »
Hi DC

If you don't want to share use your firewall to block data. Airnav have made it clear that the default is on not off. They developed the software so that is their right to decide how it works not yours.

abrad41

« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2009, 05:27:22 PM »
Hi DC

Just calm down mate, you now what happened before, just except Airnav decision.

Andy

radarspotter10

« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2009, 07:38:31 PM »
Hi DC

Just calm down mate, you now what happened before, just except Airnav decision.

Andy
dc.
from dc "straight answer - why can the Shared Flights check box not be "off" by default?"
read Reply #97 on: August 23.
As i said before,I get the feeling there's people on this forum on a mission.
from pat
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 07:48:00 PM by radarspotter10 »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2009, 07:45:27 PM »
Yes, trying to make something out of nothing :-0

There is not an issue here that 5 mouse clicks can't solve - but then that appears to be too much for some people who want to save us all from ourselves :-)

I'm a sharer and proud of it!