AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A380 at Manchester soon??  (Read 3759 times)

TedLoon

A380 at Manchester soon??
« on: August 05, 2009, 03:41:40 PM »
Hi all,
          I can't remember where I read it (or was it a dream) . Emirates are starting an early morning flight to Dubai in OCT/NOV from Manchester, that makes three flights a day all 777. 

Also can anyone confirm that they are conducting ground trials for the A380 on Nov 26??

Cheers Colin

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: A380 at Manchester soon??
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 05:15:37 PM »
On another website the November 26 flight is said to be to Birmingham

Regards

EK01

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 06:27:11 PM »
Hi all,
          I can't remember where I read it (or was it a dream) . Emirates are starting an early morning flight to Dubai in OCT/NOV from Manchester, that makes three flights a day all 777. 

Also can anyone confirm that they are conducting ground trials for the A380 on Nov 26??

Cheers Colin

Colin and Roadrunner, see post on July 20th. Emirates A380 is going to Birmingham on a one off scheduled flight replacing the normal aircraft on September 9th.
To date, there are no details on any flights to Manchester.

Spaice

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 08:22:11 PM »
I read somewhere that the A380 is being used for that day to celebrate the Airports 50th anniversary, although they are sure to test the services etc whilst it is there

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 10:46:26 AM »
My next-door neighbour works in baggage at Manchester airport. He tells me that they are still building the parking bay for the A380. This involves laying much thicker concrete than the current parking bays have. Unfortunately this process has been delayed by all the rain we've had over the past few months (no kidding!) so he says they expect to be finished with that at the end of the summer.