anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Radar Box Overseas  (Read 6801 times)

Protzenalp

Re: Radar Box Overseas
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 08:15:59 AM »
Have been to Singapore frequently with both my SBS-1 and Radarbox and have never had problems picking up signals with plots on the maps. I find most traffic on the routes north of Singapore coming down/going up the Malaysian coastline.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 09:06:49 AM »
It really is strange why i couldnt pick up anything in Singapore especially when we know that most of the Singapore airlines fleet transmit ADSB.
Qatar , Emirates , Fedex , United , Ups , Turkish all of which we know transmit and yet
nothing recieved.

This may be an obvious question, but are you sure you don't have a duff box ?

Is it possible that either it's being overloaded by strong signals from local traffic, or alternatively it's struggling to pick up ADS-B packets (which are twice as long as plain Mode S ones)?

Just a thought.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Terry

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 03:53:19 PM »
Hi there,
            I wonder if the problem lies with the fact that the Singapore Air Force fly across the island from their base at Paya Lebar.Every day they fly around doing formation flying and circuits and bumps etc,Just a thought?

Regards Terry.

ianmalc

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 07:28:43 PM »
I can assure you i dont have a duff box , i have never had a problem before , worked
fine in Hong kong , Sydney ,Lhr.
Singapore is the first time i have never recieved any aircraft on the map ,tried it soon as i got home and worked again straight away with no problems.
I guess it will remain a mystery as to why it never worked in Singapore.
I took my computer along with all the wires , radarbox , ariel etc in my hand luggage ,ok i had to take my computer  out but left everything else in the bag , not once was the bag searched at Heathrow , Hong Kong , Sydney or Singapore.

Ian

eggplant

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 10:33:56 PM »
I'm off to Thailand on Friday for a couple of weeks - will see if it works there !
Everything about Airnav is fantastic. Airnav can do no wrong. Airnav is perfect. Airnav is divine.