AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Network  (Read 15472 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Network
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 09:48:03 PM »
Well, I also lost connection to the network and forum for a while this evening, while still being able to access the rest of the web.

And I too am with Toucan/Pipex/Tiscali - isn't it Carphone Warehouse this week?

Rod
Rod

Terry

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 09:57:35 PM »
Hi Rod,
          Warehouse is about right,shoved inside and forgotten about,time i think for a change?.That makes 3 of us having the same problem,so it must be the ISP having a laugh!.When i get hold of their customer service people they will morph their faces when i unload on them,i can assure you of that!"TAKE NO PRISONERS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards Terry.

Runway 31

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2009, 08:58:22 AM »
as of 0957 I am connected to the internet but am unable to get network flights here in Motherwell UK.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2009, 09:09:32 AM »
as of 0957 I am connected to the internet but am unable to get network flights here in Motherwell UK.

As at 10:08bst, getting 550+ aircraft on the network, so working okay now.

abrad41

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2009, 09:12:03 AM »
I think the network is very unstable at present, I am showing zero at the moment, but it comes and go.

This problem has already been covered by AirNav.

Andy

chris kelham

« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2009, 10:42:01 AM »
As at 11.40 in midlands UK i have no network coverage. Am i suffereing from the same problem or is it down? It was working fine yesterday so have nothing unticked etc. Is there a proper place to look to see if the network is down?Maybe a post on the forum form Airnav first rather than waiting for the users to try and suss it out might be a good idea?

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2009, 11:02:58 AM »
Chris (and others), at 12:00 noon (UK time) I am also without network contact in Manchester. This is a network problem not something you have done nor is it connected to version 3.01 Beta as I can't get the network with version 2.0 either. Regarding your question about whether there is somewhere to go to check the status of the network I have made a suggestion that we might have a network status webpage on http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2885.135.

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2009, 11:14:26 AM »
Folks.
If you read back you will see that Airnav have acknowledged the problem and will be releasing a fix with the next 3.02B version.
The problem shows itself as the network timing out and then reconnecting itself.
Jeremy.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2009, 11:41:06 AM »
Jeremy, I assume the "read back" you are referring to is Reply #9 in http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3149.0. Once again I'd point out that I don't have a network connection with unchanged RadarBox software version 2.0, so this is not a problem with user software but must be a problem with the host.

chris kelham

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2009, 12:29:03 PM »
Using version 3.0 successfully for days on end so why would it suddenly be causing these network problems today. Yesterday had about 10 hours of uninterrupted coverage. Not with the same ISP as above - with AOL. It also isn't coming/going as is suggetsed. More going -has come back on briefly for 5 minutes twice in the last 2 hours and has been off for the rest.

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2009, 12:52:46 PM »
Same here still on 3.0 was working fine until about 5 hours ago. No network traffic yet.

EK01

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2009, 01:04:58 PM »
Airnav,

There would now appear to be several of us suffering from the same network problems.
It is true that Terry, Rod Bearden and myself are all using Tiscali but now we have Chris Kelham with the same problems and he is using AOL. I now see that Storm and rUNWAY 31 also have a network problem.

I would suggest that a thorough check of the systems is made at your end as in spite of a long list from yourselves allegedly showing no problems there is quite clearly something not right and it is nothing to do with the 30 second refresh problem when it is off for more than an hour on occasion.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2009, 01:15:54 PM »
Now it is a real network problem. We had to stop the server to debug the server application. We hope everything would be Ok (and this problem FINALLY corrected) in 1 to 3 hours. Our sincere apologies for this.

EK01

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2009, 01:23:00 PM »
Airnav,

Thanks for your response.  I was beginning to think I was alone in this problem therefore glad to see several others were also in the same position. Hopefully, as you say you can FINALLY rectify the problem occuring with the server.
Can you please advise us if possible via email when up and running again.

Thanks,

Ian

Storm

• KuwaitStorm
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2009, 02:00:36 PM »
Network's back.