anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: seeing double  (Read 6341 times)

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
seeing double
« on: November 03, 2007, 05:04:27 PM »
Everytime I watch a plane land at Heathrow it re appears from the network for another 5 minutes is there any way I can stop this?

Regards
CHRIS @ ML&S

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: seeing double
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 05:18:02 PM »
Everytime I watch a plane land at Heathrow it re appears from the network for another 5 minutes is there any way I can stop this?

Regards

Assuming that you are using V1.3, you could try changing the Timeout and Hide settings in Preferences.

File/Preference/RadarBox

I use:

Live Data: Timeout = 30 sec and Hide = 60 sec

Network Data: Timeout = 35 sec and Hide = 60 sec

Network data is only updated every 30 seconds.  You'll just have to experiment and see how it goes.  You may not have Network Timeout/Hide settings if you are using an earlier version.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 09:30:57 PM »
piper_pilot,

Not sure what you mean, can you explain in detail such as is flight being tracked by your antenna and then appears in the network data etc..?

Thanks
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 09:13:07 AM »
OK
I see an Aircraft and watch it land realtime. Once down and the transponder is turned off it comes on screen again but this time with an aterix showing it to be  from the networkand if I time it of course the second landing is exactly 5 minutes behind the original landing.

Regards
CHRIS @ ML&S

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 04:41:05 PM »
OK
I see an Aircraft and watch it land realtime. Once down and the transponder is turned off it comes on screen again but this time with an aterix showing it to be  from the networkand if I time it of course the second landing is exactly 5 minutes behind the original landing.

Regards

That will be because all network data is displayed with a 5 minute delay for security reasons :-(

piper-pilot

• CHRIS @ ML&S
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 10:30:04 PM »
Yep I know all about the delay I feel there must be a way to stop me seeing the plane after landing
CHRIS @ ML&S

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 10:14:34 AM »
Once you have the aircraft in your antenna range you will get updates Live. Once it dissapears (whether it because its out of range or shutdown at stand as you say) it will ignore any network messages (5 minutes later with a timestamp less than the one you recieved from the antenna) Therefore in theory it should work fine.

When the aircraft appear again how long does it stay showing for?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]