AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Basic question..sorry  (Read 16283 times)

marcdeklerk

Re: Basic question..sorry
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2007, 12:24:03 PM »
I agree

regards
M

f6gsg

• Electa L12
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2007, 02:22:44 PM »
Good news,

Thats why  "in my post dream" i proposed to have automatic screen shot or recording in alert mode ... to see where is the flight ...(after)

Good job

Patrick / F6GSG

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2007, 02:26:26 PM »
Also worth noting that the latest version of Planeplotter (v4.1c) claims to be fully working with Radarbox.  I can't see why anyone will pay for the network access after 12 months.

What I would really like to see is no subscription charge at all after the free 12 months.  I'm not entirely sure that many users will pay for network data, especially when you can share for free using PlanePlotter (works well with the SBS-1 but still at an experimental stage with RB).
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 02:33:42 PM by tarbat »

DaveG

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2007, 05:13:01 PM »
Is anyone using Planeplotter at this time?  Would not mind a how-to on setting it up and possible map etc.
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2007, 09:23:33 PM »
The price for the network access is not yet defined and there are many possibilities yet to be analyzed. Anyway Plane Plotter has access to RadarBox HW output, not to flights from the RadarBox Network. Our network is growing fast so the amount of traffic you get from us will continue to grow. Also Plane Plotter only has access to RadarBox 5 minute delayed flights: you will never see anything in real-time.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 12:56:34 PM »
The price for the network access is not yet defined and there are many possibilities yet to be analyzed. Anyway Plane Plotter has access to RadarBox HW output, not to flights from the RadarBox Network. Our network is growing fast so the amount of traffic you get from us will continue to grow. Also Plane Plotter only has access to RadarBox 5 minute delayed flights: you will never see anything in real-time.

However, if you have RadarBox and PlanePlotter, then you have the best of both worlds.

This is what you can see without using the RadarBox network data:

- your own live traffic displayed on the RadarBox screen

- your own live traffic displayed on the PlanPlotter Screen (EDIT: as live, i.e. projected 5 minutes ahead of its delayed position - I think!)

- 5 minute delayed data from all those sharing with PlanePlotter - this includes SBS-1 and RadarBox users.

Now, the PlanePlotter interface is nowhere near as informative as RadarBox, but if you just want to watch aircraft then there is a lot to be said for the free PP network.  The RadarBox network is growing nicely, but there are some areas which are covered by SBS-1 users and not RadarBox users.  I use RadarBox with live and network data as my primary display, and I share my RadarBox data with the PP network and use PP as my secondary display.

Last night I followed BA123 all the way from London Heathrow, to just north of Waterford in Southern Ireland.  The PP network showed the aircraft passing 2000ft climbing out of Heathrow, then I picked it up as live data on the RadarBox passing FL140 near Brize Norton. When I lost it live at Strumble, I followed it again on PP.  The RadarBox network data could also see BA183, although the update rate wasn't as smooth as the "predicted" PP network data.  Also, there wasn't anybody providing RadarBox data from Southern Ireland last night, but there was PP data.

In the PP screenshot below, my live aircraft are green, and the PP network aircraft are blue.  Note BA123 with the blue ring just before I lost it altogether.  The PP map is created from SBS-1 type outline data that is available from Bones RadarBox Utilities page at:

http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/AirNav/AirNav_Utilities.htm

Click on the link below to see the full size screenshot.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2408/2066304839_3763108af6_o.jpg

I would certainly miss having the RadarBox network data, but I could fill the gaps with PP network data provided by both SBS-1 and RadarBox users.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:40:47 PM by Allocator »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2007, 01:14:31 PM »
Hi Allocator,

Can you confirm the flights being placed into PP are delayed or Live? We were under the impression the data is delayed which is taken from the RadarBox feed.

The network is growing all the time. Leaving it running its amazing to watch trails all the way across the North sea showing them tracked by Holland and then UK users.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2007, 01:37:31 PM »
Maybe I should have said "as live" as I think that the aircraft position is "predicted" or projected five minutes ahead.  This is fine for traffic going in a straight line, but it can have odd effects if aircraft make sharp turns as they do when positioning for landing.

I think that PP draws the aircraft where the end of the 5 minute "leader" line would be on the RadarBox map.  However it works, it does look good.

I've edited my earlier post to reflect this!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 01:50:39 PM by Allocator »

f6gsg

• Electa L12
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2007, 09:26:05 PM »
Hi,

i think that it was not very easy for AirNav to define the price for the Network option.

But, for information,(in my opinion)  i consider that this option is only "funny".

for the moment, i have display network flight only to "look" the density in some
country or to track a specific flight (because some friends or family where in), no
more.

Or to track specific plane like the A380, without success ...

And For the idea to enlarge my reception range, i abandoned because in the south
of France there is nobody who use a RadarBox (and share flight via the network) .

Sometime a connection toward Bordeaux. (South-West)

So we understand, that i  would not put a lot of money for this option.
Don't forget that's an hobby

Thanks
Patrick / F6GSG