AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Network  (Read 23551 times)

John Racars

Re: Network
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2009, 06:46:18 PM »
I am verry sorry to say, but at this moment the Network stays verry unstable with me. I checked out my internet connections; everything is allright. I started listening at 20:25 (LT) and stoped this at 20:40. In between the network goes on and off....
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

DVDW

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »
Same problems over here. The network is drifting in en out and when i have network connection the network grid jumps from 650 to 3 or even less... However, everything else is working perfect and of course, this version is still a beta.

Greetz,

Dirk.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2009, 07:03:28 PM »
Ok this needs some explaniation as some users are getting confsued. Please read this before posting

There are 2 issues going on:

1.) Server Stopping

We are working on the server to try and rectfy this issue. This is causing the server to drop out occasionaly for a minute and then come back.

2.) Beta 3.01

The beta has an issue whereby if your internet is slow or our server is under load it may take extra time to download and after a spefic time it will timeout the network flights meaning you will see a large drop in network flights (but not zero) and it should then return to normal once it download in time again.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

sterigia

• forza paris
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2009, 07:43:12 PM »
no it returns to zero, sometimes 3-4 flights.my internet connection is not slow, 10 mbits\sec.  the timeout issue is too stringent as i have noted less network flights than usual when they are showing so surely other users have the same problem
cheers,
 frank
ps even now as i write 391 network flights-255-614-623-0-145- etc
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:48:47 PM by sterigia »
ciao.
frank

John Racars

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2009, 07:57:47 PM »
There are 2 issues going on:

OK Support, clear to me.

I understand that this means that the network never will work with me like before the launch of the recent Beta's.

I am sorry for that if that is so. I switch off the network from now on because I can not live with this situations. It gives a verry restless view on the screen. Thank you for all the help in this case.

I still hope that in next coming versions this all will be back "to normal" like in versions before.
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

EK01

« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2009, 02:32:44 PM »
no it returns to zero, sometimes 3-4 flights.my internet connection is not slow, 10 mbits\sec.  the timeout issue is too stringent as i have noted less network flights than usual when they are showing so surely other users have the same problem
cheers,
 frank

Frank,
Be assured your network connection is not slow. I have the exact same problem which never happened before. Just as well I am still  receiving my free time for this facility. If I was paying for the service which many are probably now doing, I would be looking for some sort of compensation. After all, what is the point in paying for something you are not properly receiving.

radarspotter10

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2009, 02:55:18 PM »

hi john.
i am the same ,what i cannot understand is when i downloaded new version it work perfect, now its away with the fairies.
from pat 

sterigia

• forza paris
« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2009, 03:28:37 PM »
cheers,
 frank

Frank,
Be assured your network connection is not slow. I have the exact same problem which never happened before. Just as well I am still  receiving my free time for this facility. If I was paying for the service which many are probably now doing, I would be looking for some sort of compensation. After all, what is the point in paying for something you are not properly receiving.

the fact is that in a way we do pay because the info we share is sold to other users.
frank
ciao.
frank

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »
Patience chaps. We get extremely good support 18 hours a day and at weekends from Airnav on this forum, way beyond expectations and 'reasonable' service. A couple of days of reduced service occasionally when there are tech problems is not unusual in this industry and I am sure they will sort out the problem soon, be it by a reconfigure of their servers or a replacement. I am sure that they are tearing their hair out with frustration as well as us!
Jeremy.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2009, 04:22:52 PM »
It is online again, We are still working on the issue and apologise for the drop outs.
[email protected]

John Racars

« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2009, 06:23:54 AM »
We are still working on the issue and apologise for the drop outs.

Hi. Support,

Verry good! I know you are working on it. Let us wait patiently for a good solution.
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
-

DVDW

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2009, 07:05:02 AM »
Network is working fine at this moment. I get continuously around 500 flights without any extreme jumping of the network grid.

Regards,

Dirk.

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2009, 08:50:20 PM »
Airnav - can we have an update as to what the present situation is? I see only 355 flights on the network but am not sure if this is because it is quiet or not. 2150.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2009, 08:57:31 PM »
If your using the beta version then read our earlier posts. The server is showing about 900 flights at the moment but with your timeout settings that will vary.
[email protected]

sterigia

• forza paris
« Reply #59 on: August 04, 2009, 01:23:34 PM »
sorry to moan again but the network is still showing from 190-500 to zero flights again. before the update i got over 1000 flights regularly
frank
ciao.
frank