AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.01 Beta  (Read 158415 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.01 Beta
« Reply #165 on: July 30, 2009, 03:20:15 PM »
to get aircraft equiped with mode-s only displayed on the map will this have to be a hardware or a software change different transponder in the aircraft?

It's rare to see aircraft being retrofitted with ADS-B, I can only think of a handful that I've logged since I started monitoring 4 years ago.

Aircraft tend to either have ADS-B from new, or have only Mode S and stay that way, and most of the latter will be retired before widespread use of ADS-B becomes mandatory (if indeed that day ever comes).
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

prbflight

« Reply #166 on: July 30, 2009, 03:37:20 PM »
to get aircraft equiped with mode-s only displayed on the map will this have to be a hardware or a software change different transponder in the aircraft?

It's rare to see aircraft being retrofitted with ADS-B, I can only think of a handful that I've logged since I started monitoring 4 years ago.

Aircraft tend to either have ADS-B from new, or have only Mode S and stay that way, and most of the latter will be retired before widespread use of ADS-B becomes mandatory (if indeed that day ever comes).

WestJet in Canada is a good example of an existing fleet being retro fitted with ADS-B.  A year ago there was none and now I have logged 20 of their existing fleet retro-fitted.

Paul@cyyb

Tallyho

« Reply #167 on: July 30, 2009, 03:48:31 PM »

It will usually be a hardware change in the aircraft but there are some Mode-S transponders that can be upgraded to run ADS-B from standard Mode-S mode, they need to be linked to a positional information source such as inertial navigation system or GPS.

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
« Reply #168 on: July 30, 2009, 04:56:49 PM »

This is not strictly correct. Fed Ex has spent a lot fitting ADS-B to all its MD11 and KLM likewise with its MD11's

Mike

southcoast

« Reply #169 on: July 30, 2009, 05:17:50 PM »
Hi, Re Alert probs with Beta 3, done a full install of beta 3.1, the probs with the alerts is now 10 times worse!!!reg's thast i deleted ages ago and reg's I havent even put into the "ALERTS" are poping up every few seconds and am getting a bit p****d off with it. I dont want to be looking at the screen for 8 hours waiting for a reg to come up so WHERE are the old reg's stored, in the registary, so why arnt they deleted when deleted out of the alerts box and after reboot. Surley there must be some way deleting them and of stopping this happening. A solution to this prob would be good.
Roger.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #170 on: July 30, 2009, 05:34:30 PM »
Fed Ex has spent a lot fitting ADS-B to all its MD11 and KLM likewise with its MD11's

Yes, and in both cases that made sense given that they would otherwise be banned from using the Hudson Bay mandatory ADS-B airspace.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #171 on: July 30, 2009, 06:25:48 PM »
Hi, Re Alert probs with Beta 3, done a full install of beta 3.1, the probs with the alerts is now 10 times worse!!!reg's thast i deleted ages ago and reg's I havent even put into the "ALERTS" are poping up every few seconds and am getting a bit p****d off with it. I dont want to be looking at the screen for 8 hours waiting for a reg to come up so WHERE are the old reg's stored, in the registary, so why arnt they deleted when deleted out of the alerts box and after reboot. Surley there must be some way deleting them and of stopping this happening. A solution to this prob would be good.
Roger.

I use the alert function extensively, yet I'm convinced that that all the alerts I put in work as advertised.  I don't understand how it is possible for it to be OK for me, but not work at all for others.

The only theory I have is that if there a big number of items in the alert boxes - and some people have literally been entering hundreds of items - then it's just taking so long to process that some alerts are being missed?

I did post the registry locations for the alert settings a couple of weeks ago, so I'm sure a forum search for 'registry' will show this.

Allocator

« Reply #172 on: July 30, 2009, 06:36:02 PM »
Also, on the subject of alerts, I'm running JSARS with a custom data file that reflects the hex codes that I've got set in Alerts, and the JSTARS log file matches the alerts I'm getting from RB.  An interesting comparison.

f6gsg

• Electa L12
« Reply #173 on: July 30, 2009, 08:37:56 PM »
i Allocator,

About Alert, i use only 3 Flight ID:
FP* (French Postal)
AF68*
UPS*

and one for the Aircraft:
A38*

No alert for Flight ID and no alert for the A38* but
well in my log ????

No big number of items !!!!

Allocator

« Reply #174 on: July 30, 2009, 08:58:02 PM »
Here are my alerts for this evening so far.  The A380 was a network alert so wasn't trapped by JSTARS.  ZD621 is there in the RB Alert list but I've scrolled down to show the others.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:59:44 PM by Allocator »

54901 - Jim

• N9JHB.com
« Reply #175 on: July 30, 2009, 09:06:00 PM »
I was away from my computer most of the day today.  When I returned, the MyFlights page had one flight listed more than 20 times and was locked up with no other flights listed.  I had to restart the application.

Jim
Oshkosh

Vista
KOSH - Oshkosh, Wisconsin USA

Geot

« Reply #176 on: July 31, 2009, 08:23:44 PM »
I also experienced a simialr problem yesterday - had to shut-down restart,

GeoT

Geot

« Reply #177 on: July 31, 2009, 08:30:24 PM »
I think there have been messages re problems with Alerts - just experienced a problem with A380 A6-EDE; passed overhead on probably its first visit to CYYZ, it is in my Alerts, but no message sound or notification message generated. This is my first occurence that I am aware of.

GeoT

Manuel Mendes

• Manuel Brito Photography
« Reply #178 on: August 01, 2009, 05:18:52 PM »
Hi.
Today I had two M- registered aircrafts and the Man flag was not displayed.
Instead it was displayed a flag similar to a military one. Version 3.01 full install.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #179 on: August 01, 2009, 05:51:42 PM »
Manuel - you need Tarbat's D008 file - download and install the zip from here: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=667.msg12094#msg12094

Rod
Rod