anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.01 Beta  (Read 158630 times)

snowman

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.01 Beta
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2009, 08:55:09 AM »
Just as FYI, these are the issue below which we have been told about and we will rectfiy them asp.

1.) Network Timeout
2.) Alerts
3.) Port 30003 data not exactly right
4.) RB Freezes when going into screensave or suspend mode in a few cases.

Can you also add the fact that when loading, the AVG prompt always comes up regardless whether you say you dont want the prompt next time ot not

pjm

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #121 on: July 27, 2009, 08:59:57 AM »
I found editing the registry thus fixes the bug with the AVG warning always being displayed

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General]
"AVGAntiVirus"="1"

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2009, 09:24:47 AM »
pjm,

What you have mentioned regarding the network in terms of uploading etc.. has also been discussed many times on the forum as well. Without repeating ourselves again there are additional costs to use for data and server which are considerable once added up. Also regarding the map there are still customers who do not want to give there location away.

If you enter in specfic details of your location and googles look up service is in a good mood it should be within a few miles of your location.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #123 on: July 27, 2009, 09:36:03 AM »
I found editing the registry thus fixes the bug with the AVG warning always being displayed

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General]
"AVGAntiVirus"="1"

Cheers will edit the registry

Graham

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #124 on: July 27, 2009, 09:40:21 AM »
Just as FYI, these are the issue below which we have been told about and we will rectfiy them asp.

1.) Network Timeout
2.) Alerts
3.) Port 30003 data not exactly right
4.) RB Freezes when going into screensave or suspend mode in a few cases.

Can you also add the fact that when loading, the AVG prompt always comes up regardless whether you say you dont want the prompt next time ot not

I didn't get an AVG prompt in Windows XP.  I got the usual Windows prompt the first time I ran the new anrb.exe and also a ZoneAlarm prompt.  I unticked the Windows box and told ZoneAlarm to grant permanent access to the anrb.exe and no more prompts :-)

I'm running the Free version of AVG.

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #125 on: July 27, 2009, 10:04:49 AM »
Regarding Port 30003 output, the 3.01 Beta version is currently outputing multiple "MSG,1" messsages for the same flight. "MSG,1" contains the flight number and it seems an unnecessary waste of output/time to keep re-outputing this information when it hasn't changed, even though it isn't syntactically incorrect to do so. Also, the goal as I understood it was to be more consistent with the output produced by SBS, which I am fairly sure only outputs one "MSG,1" for each flight.

SquawkBox uses the "MSG,1" to start logging the flight in its database and multiple "MSG,1" messages have meant that some flights could be missed or not shown for the correct length of time because they got re-initialised. I have however produced an update to the Beta 3.01 version of SquawkBox I produced two days ago to cope with this at http://www.gfrost.co.uk/SquawkBox/SquawkBoxfor301Beta.zip. All flights that transmit a squawk code should now be included, albeit with a 5 minute delay.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2009, 10:16:05 AM »
Also, the goal as I understood it was to be more consistent with the output produced by SBS, which I am fairly sure only outputs one "MSG,1" for each flight.

No, SBS/BaseStation outputs a Type 1 MSG every time it receives an aircraft ID/category squitter, which can be as often as once every 5 seconds.

RadarBox behaviour seems to be consistent with that.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2009, 10:55:43 AM »
okey dokey, fair enough Dave. I was working from a log of SBS messages sent to me on which I could only ever see one MSG,1 for each flight. It does still seem unnecessary to me to be re-outputing information that hasn't changed though.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: Downgrade from 3.0.1 to 2.0
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2009, 11:08:16 AM »
We have merged this topic into the main V3.01 topic to keep the discussion organized.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2009, 01:10:47 PM »
I'd like to say "Well Done" to all involved at AirNav in producing this latest beta. I'm very happy with it on both my PC and my laptop except for one small item which has not been adressed.

On my laptop's 1024 x 768 screen I still cannot see the 'Advanced' tab, even with the map minimized.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #130 on: July 27, 2009, 01:32:29 PM »
Tom - you can still get to the advanced filters from the menu: Filters...Advanced Filters, or, for us keyboard fans, Alt-I, D

Rod
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:10:56 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

freqhopping

« Reply #131 on: July 27, 2009, 07:50:29 PM »
I seem to have found some issues early this morning that have not been mentioned.  At 5am local there are only a few planes flying around my area.  In the screenshot you can see some unknown aircraft, flight 431, with ADS-B is associated with A699A1 (Should be N512HW which is not assigned per FAA database).  The Airline and Type data is from what I have entered for AE2E1F.
A699A1 is not even in my database, yet it is displaying details that don't exist for it.

There is no telling how much else is screwed up until I see some of the usuals with unusual information.

At the time I also wasn't seeing the usual Fed Ex and UPS flights.  Well after checking MyLog for the entire day there is only a single UPS flight and no Fed Ex. On a typical day I normally log about 30 of each.

Chalk me up too for a lack of alerts best as I can tell.

OS= Windows Vista 64
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:08:53 PM by freqhopping »

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2009, 08:21:38 PM »
Regarding some users reporting that they don't receive some alerts: we believe it is caused by the fact that only 1 alert will be sent per mode-s hex code.

For example if a user has alerts setup on flight number (SIA123) and aircraft type (B744) and he receives a Singapore B744 doing flight SIA123 he will only receive one alert.

What is your opinion as experienced users: should we change this behavior so that, in this case, 2 alerts are sent?

freqhopping

« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2009, 08:29:08 PM »
I don't think it's a a matter of hex code. One of the four aircraft currently in my SmartView did not send an alert.  It should have triggered at least one from either Mode-S (AE0*), Registration (164*) or FlightID (GOTO FMS). 

I'm still getting multiple alerts for aircraft if there is more than one alert that applies.  Today I had about 50 less alerts than I normally do on a Monday.

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2009, 10:08:40 PM »
Tom - you can still get to the advanced filters from the menu: Filters...Advanced Filters, or, for us keyboard fans, Alt-I, D

Rod

Rod,

Many thanks fo the tip but it does not give the same selections as the advanced tab such as "Show Radarbox Network Flights"

Tom
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 10:13:00 PM by viking9 »
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk