anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Logging onto network  (Read 5982 times)

Peter

Logging onto network
« on: November 07, 2007, 04:44:16 PM »
Received my RB yesterday and it mostly worked straight out of the box. The bit which doesn't appear to work is a bit frustrating, hopefully I haven't screwed something up!
The problem is connecting to the network, it doesn't! It is the latest software issued on CD by ML&S and I'm assured that I have the latest firmware. Checking on "my account" comes back with the following: - Pre-created account not yet activated.
The problem is not caused by the Firewall as I have tried with it on and off, and still no connection. I guess that the new software issue is ahead of the instruction manual as I have noticed a few differences between the written instructions and what actually happens, but nothing which really helps my problem. Also my screen has frozen a couple of times within 24 hours, it doesn't even react to the 3 finger salute, complete switch off and reboot seems to be the only cure here.
Has anyone encountered this reluctance to connect to the network please since the updated software has been included with the latest deliveries?

Thanks

Peter

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Logging onto network
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2007, 05:49:48 PM »
Peter,

You really need to email support direct at [email protected] to resolve this issue.  They are the people who will be able to help.  AirNav Support are not always on the forum.

However, you could make sure that you are entering the correct username and password in the startup box as printed on the CD cover.  Does RB accept the username and password but then you get no network traffic?

Are you sure that this is not a Firewall issue?

« Last Edit: November 07, 2007, 05:51:53 PM by Allocator »

Peter

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2007, 06:42:17 PM »
Am pretty certain it is not a Firewall issue, the resident Windows XP Home one is permanently disabled because it clashed with the better Bullguard programme. Bullguard asks when you intall a new programme, so RB has no restriction contacting the net, just to finally check this out, I switched Bullguard off as well and started up RB from scratch. I also tried the update facility in RB and it informed me that no updates were available so it must be talking to a AirNav server.
Am using exactly the username and password on the CD, page 9 of the manual incidently shows that your email address is required here, page 41 shows your username is required. I have intentionally put a letter or number out here, and it will not start the programme, so I am confident of the correct login has been carried out.
When you click on the box "get flights from the RB network, the square changes from Red - Green. However, even with the modem disconnected, it still does this without any signal on the line, so that is not conclusive. The count down to refresh starts at 29, 28, 27 and then jumps to 4,3,2,1 which is weird.
The hardware seems perfectly happy apart from 2 lockups today, and internet is quite happily uploading my ShipPlotter decodes into the COAA server and vice versa, so cannot be anything wrong there.
I have to admit defeat, and will have to talk to support again. It is also very strange that I tried loading the programme onto my laptop which uses XP Pro and a Norton firewall, exactly the same results!

Cheers for now

Peter

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2007, 06:58:22 PM »
Peter,

It does sound like it is a network setup problem at the AirNav server end.  I should contact them direct and see what information they need from you to sort it out.  There have been some people who have had account problems and this has usually been quickly resolved.

I'm on the network at the moment and it's all running OK.

All the best

Gary

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2007, 08:08:36 PM »
Issue should be sorted now, best to contact us direct with such queries and give us plenty of information.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Peter

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2007, 10:48:06 PM »
Hi All

I've just come back to the computer after an evening of watching TV (snoozing in the armchair), and found a very pleasant surprise! There are lots of planes and a nice note from the technical team to say a few mods have been made to my account and all should be well now.

It certainly is, very many thanks to those who offered advice plus the AirNav team who were beavering away whilst I was enjoying TV with heavy eyelids!

Regards

Peter