anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone installed RB on a Mac lately?  (Read 2654 times)

perezoso

Anyone installed RB on a Mac lately?
« on: July 22, 2009, 01:25:38 PM »
Hi Folks -

The thread on this was a year old, so I started a new one.

I've been trying to install RB on an intel iMac running VMware (2.0.5); but no dice. On a XP and/or Vista virtual machine, the software and driver apparently install correctly; but the box won't work. When launched, the RB application displays "Hardware: Connected" (and, in Vista, sometimes "Hardware: Locked"); but it does not decode and the USB/signal lights do not flash. (The network updates work.)

This is in contrast to installing on a Boot Camp Vista partition, where the RB works perfectly.  I can even open the Boot Camp partition in VMware and it works.  But it does NOT work when I instal it directly on a VMware virtual machine.  Ideas?

I'd rather run it in VMware and use the "unity" view, so I don't have to really mess with Windows just to run a single ap.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 01:27:23 PM by perezoso »

Spaice

Re: Anyone installed RB on a Mac lately?
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 01:31:20 PM »
I have ony run the RB under boot camp running XP pro, no issues at all, never tried VMware so can't help you there.  I posted the question a couple of weeks ago asking if Airnav had any plans to produce a mac version of the RB software, but no replies from Airnav posted, but then again they were and still are busy with V3 beta.

Hope you solve your proplem soon.

perezoso

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 05:00:16 PM »
Just an update here for anyone in the same boat in the future:

I installed Parallels (4.03) and opened the same Virtual Machine with it.  Voila, the RB started tp work correctly.

So, if you're having problems with the current version of VMware, you might consider Parallels.

QF1

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I have run RB on a Mac using VMWare, but it continually locks up after about 2-3 mins use, so maybe I will try Parallels.

Cheers
Mark