anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Final List of Pending Problems  (Read 5324 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Final List of Pending Problems
« on: July 21, 2009, 11:30:09 AM »
We have reviewed all the emails and comments from our users and prepared the list below. We will use it to produce the final update and the released V3.0 Patch to the public.
If you have any further bug/problem to add please do it now on this topic.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
-The Execute a file box is still always ticked in alerts.

-Flights on the network grid still jump around but not as bad as in the last exe...or so it seems so far.

-Sometimes an Alert warning will force RadarBox to jump to the front of all windows.  RadarBox jumping to the front still seems to happen randomly for other reasons that I can't figure out yet.

-I'm experiencing the same issue. When first started network flights are normal, however when "Show All" is selected all of the flights from the MyFlights grid appear in the network grid.

-The Flight ID Alerts and squawk alerts do not work at all, either with a specific ID or code entered or with a wildcard entries.
Also do you use the email function to notify you of an alert?. On the alerts that do function correctly, when I receive an email only one line (whatever was identified to alert on) is sent. In previous versions I would get additional flight details such as Flight ID, Aircraft type, speed, heading etc.  Those details still show in a pop up window but are not transferred over to the email notification as in past versions.

-When an alert is generated and an email is generated, only the feature that is alerted on is transmitted in the email. For example, a registration alert only shows the registration that is alerting. Previous versions would also include the Flight ID, Registration, Aircraft Type, Route Altitude and Speed, for an alerted aircraft if any of those fields had information.

-The problem with old routes is still present - see attached gif - Dev was going to show the old route if no update was available, but it's still not showing.

-the '*' symbol for new contacts is still not working

-I still get a very large number of "Flight does not have positional information' messages when double clicking on flights in the grid even with the NA flights removed.

-The * symbol only appears in reporter for codes with no Reg/Serial. When these update the * does not appear in reporter like it used to for new contacts like it used to.
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
GlynH: Slow Menus: unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this. 99% of the users report this problem is corrected. It is, we are sure, something related to the user computer. Unless we have dozens of reports from users with the same problems we consider this one corrected.

GlynH

Re: Final List of Pending Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 12:28:13 PM »
GlynH: Slow Menus: unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this. 99% of the users report this problem is corrected. It is, we are sure, something related to the user computer. Unless we have dozens of reports from users with the same problems we consider this one corrected.

Ooh look...I've got my own paragraph...;^)

It's definitely related to the user computer - it's called AirNav RadarBox 2008 / 2009 ;^)

Seriously though...Aleksey had all but eliminated what has been a major issue for me ever since I purchased my RadarBox a year ago in v2.10 Beta but for some reason it seems to have crept back in.

I have seen this behaviour on every other machine where I have seen RB running to some degree or another but I understand that it can be difficult to resolve if you cannot reproduce it.

It is the only program I have on my PC that exhibits such behaviour along with many instances of showing the sleepy pointer/hourglass cursor which I believe is all tied in to the same fundamental problem.

I fully understand - and agree - that you can't continue to spend any more time on this issue just on my behalf.

If I am the only one who suffers from this problem when you release the final 3.0 update to the public then I will finance & build a new computer and send this one to you so you can experience it first hand!

If not then you can buy me a new computer - either that or go back to the drawing board and fix it pronto.

Deal? ;^)

Not wishing to be pedantic but if it exists then you cannot consider it corrected - ignored maybe but not corrected.

Here's looking forward to that new computer...whoever pays for it :-)

Thanks for all your hard work & support.

You have a tough job that is not made any easier by your insistence on quoting dates for the next software release - don't go there. Tell them it will be ready when it is ready.

Unless one of us guys in here are asking of course! :-)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 01:12:56 PM »
Glyn,

Went it goes out to public beta and if people find the same as you then it will be looked again deeply.

At the moment with other testers in the group who have the slow menu issue are not reporting it.

Though we will get a better view the public beta.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 03:05:19 PM »
Another one I mentioned earlier is that we're still getting flights without position in the network grid (but they're not marked "NA"), and still getting NA flights in SmartView.

Rod
Rod

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2009, 02:39:41 AM »
Current status of corrections:

--------------------------------------------------
>-The Execute a file box is still always ticked in alerts.
Corrected.

>-Flights on the network grid still jump around but not as bad as in the last exe...or so it seems so far.

We are still working on this one.

-Sometimes an Alert warning will force RadarBox to jump to the front of all windows.  RadarBox jumping to the front still seems to happen randomly for other reasons that I can't figure out yet.

It will take more than 1 week to investigate this one in detail so as it is being reported by only one beta tester and no users reported it on the forum we will go ahead with V3.0 Patch 1 public beta to check the output from the rest of the community.

-I'm experiencing the same issue. When first started network flights are normal, however when "Show All" is selected all of the flights from the MyFlights grid appear in the network grid.

Corrected.

-The Flight ID Alerts and squawk alerts do not work at all, either with a specific ID or code entered or with a wildcard entries.

Only one alert will be sent per mode-s received. So for example you set an alert for A380, SIA001 and mode-s of the aircraft, only one alert will be triggered for the aircraft. So if the the first alert in the in range one, no more alerts will be triggered for that aircraft. This explains the "error" above.

>Also do you use the email function to notify you of an alert?. On the alerts that do function correctly, when I receive an email only one line (whatever was identified to alert on) is sent. In previous versions I would get additional flight details such as Flight ID, Aircraft type, speed, heading etc.  Those details still show in a pop up window but are not transferred over to the email notification as in past versions.

You will receive all the details available when the alert is triggered. We have confirmed this and it working properly. If only one detail is available then the alert is sent only with this one.

-When an alert is generated and an email is generated, only the feature that is alerted on is transmitted in the email. For example, a registration alert only shows the registration that is alerting. Previous versions would also include the Flight ID, Registration, Aircraft Type, Route Altitude and Speed, for an alerted aircraft if any of those fields had information.

Explained above.

-The problem with old routes is still present - see attached gif - Dev was going to show the old route if no update was available, but it's still not showing.

We have tested this one several times and it worked. In resume if you have on your local database, for example, flight ABC123,EGLL,KDFW older than 6 months, it tries to contact the server. If nothing is retrieved then the local data, even if old, will be used. Any other beta testers experiencing this problem?

-the '*' symbol for new contacts is still not working

Corrected.

-I still get a very large number of "Flight does not have positional information' messages when double clicking on flights in the grid even with the NA flights removed.

Corrected. If no position is known or it is expired the flight will not appear on the NW grid.

-The * symbol only appears in reporter for codes with no Reg/Serial. When these update the * does not appear in reporter like it used to for new contacts like it used to.

Corrected.

>SmartView showing flights with status NA

Corrected.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2009, 02:53:24 AM »

GlynH

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2009, 05:25:01 AM »
Thanks for that...installed & testing.

Execute a file now seems to remember where it was last set thanks but I am a little confused as to what you are saying about email alerts?

The problem with all of the available details not showing up in the email Alert is still there.

Just got a single Alert from my Aircraft alert set for A38*

The pop-up alert box shows;
Registration VH-OQA
Aircraft A380
Altitude 40000

The email simply says;
Alert Time: 2009/07/22 05:04:49
Received Aircraft: A380

While writing this just had a second alert from my In Range alert. Pop-up box says;
Flight In Range: G-BYAT
Flight ID: TOM8JV
Aircraft B752
Latitude: N52.07.2
Longitude: W001.24.5
Altitude: 12375
Speed: 353
V/S: 2688
Heading: 144

The email alert simply says;
Alert Time: 2009/07/22 05:13:37
Flight In Range: G-BYAT

-
Alert Generated by AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta - Patch 1 http://www.airnavsystems.com

Email Alerts on previous versions used to give full details of Total flight information under the type of Alert, eg;

Alert Time: 2008/07/25 05:54:11
Flight In Range: N199UA

Total flight information:
Flight ID: UAL930
Aircraft: B744
Routing: KLAX-KSFO-EGLL
Latitude: N52 02.4
Longitude: W001 23.2
Altitude: 17200
Speed: 360
V/S: -1472
Heading: 145

-
Alert Generated by AirNav RadarBox 2008

Obviously reporting Total Flight Information in RB2008 but this behaviour changed somewhere along the way as v2.10 Beta only reports the one-line Alert.

I don't know whether the earlier 2009 version reported Total Flight Information as I was unable to test as I had changed ISP and wasn't able to receive any Alert emails at all during that time until the release of 2.10 Beta.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 06:27:21 AM by GlynH »

RodBearden

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2009, 11:49:33 AM »
Little glitch;

In MyFlights, if you turn off photos/details and aircraft history, and then turn on aircraft history, photos/details appear as well.

Also, if you have both showing, then turn off photos/details, then turn off aircraft history, photos/details appears.

Rod
Rod

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2009, 01:27:16 PM »
We will have a look at these 2 today. Please keep posting errors until tonight as we plan to release V3.0 to the public tomorrow.

RodBearden

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2009, 02:27:55 PM »
Good news - F9 works at last! Hurrah for Dev!

Rod
Rod

EMA

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 03:14:50 PM »

Ooh look...I've got my own paragraph...;^)

It's definitely related to the user computer - it's called AirNav RadarBox 2008 / 2009 ;^)

Seriously though...Aleksey had all but eliminated what has been a major issue for me ever since I purchased my RadarBox a year ago in v2.10 Beta but for some reason it seems to have crept back in.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Hi Glyn

I suffered from the slow menu issue on all of my quad core systems prior to the 2.1 beta but since then I see no issues. Whilst this does not help you I have swapped and chopped systems in the hope something may happen but alas not ;-)

Kevin

Tallyho

« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2009, 04:23:28 PM »
Maybe this is me but I though we had a beta version with the climb and descent arrows showing on the map view but we seem to be back to + and - now.
Perhaps it was me and I was dreaming.

RodBearden

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2009, 04:26:40 PM »
Tallyho - we had problems with people using different fonts, so it was dropped from this version - there may be an option for this in the future.

Rod
Rod

prbflight

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2009, 04:31:37 PM »
I am still getting the following warning when I run the program

With this new exe I no longer get the 'execute a file' box ticked by default. 

My e-mailed alerts are still only showing the Registration code etc. and no details as per above mentioned issues.

So far everything else seems fine but I will continue to test throughout the day.

Paul@cyyb

RodBearden

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 04:35:03 PM »
Paul - I think that warning message is OK - just uncheck the "Always ask before opening this file" box!

I'm not sure that AirNav can control this - perhaps it will change when they get the signed drivers!

Rod
Rod