AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Defective RadarBox?  (Read 11036 times)

radarspotter10

Re: Defective RadarBox?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2009, 11:32:54 PM »
I have had enough guts and have the antenna base opened: EUREKA!!!
Ihave found the inner lead of the cable was not soldered to the antenna attachment piece. It was not long enough to keep in touch to the antenna piece.
There was a tiny ball of soldering material at the bottom of the antenna piece but it didn´t enclose the core lead of the cable. I have made a tiny extension of the lead by soldering some copper wire to it,  just to reach the soldering point at the base of the antenna attachment. Now I have a good electrical connection between the antenna and the SMB connector. I expect that tomorrow will see what other people see with their RB´s.
.... No capacitors in there....
I guess these are not good news for Airnav Systems and, particularly, for its Quality Control department.

I expect that they buy in the antennas from a supplier, so actually it's their supplier that needs to be made aware of these faults. It may be that they have already done this.
hi.
I work for a taxi company there 300 drivers using autocab dispatch system data heads in there car, and believe me my head is sore listening to drivers saying there data head is not working property, when it was there aerial all the time, drivers have to buy there own aerial. Good point Mr.Ferris
all the best pat

Santi

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 07:28:16 AM »
Reception of my RB has improved dramatically: I can see every aircraft surrounding Barcelona Apt (Some times up to fifty aircraft). I can see traffic departing/arriving from/to LEPA airport that is about 110 NM away from my home, at the minimum altitude of 6000 ft.  Considering I have not the antenna placed on the best location yet, this is a pleasant performance of the RB.
 To Fernis, regarding the faulty antenna: Since Airnav Systems is the seller of the entire equipment I have bought, this takes the ball on Airnav´s roof, no matter who has supplied the materials they are selling.
I would like to thank every one who has tryed to help me: THANKS, THANKS, THANKS.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 07:32:10 AM by Santi »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 07:51:41 AM »
Santi,

Great to hear everything is working fine. This is the first complaint we have had regarding the insides of the antenna. Then again not many have actually opened it up.

We will check with them. Apologies.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

radarspotter10

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2009, 10:08:28 AM »
Reception of my RB has improved dramatically: I can see every aircraft surrounding Barcelona Apt (Some times up to fifty aircraft). I can see traffic departing/arriving from/to LEPA airport that is about 110 NM away from my home, at the minimum altitude of 6000 ft.  Considering I have not the antenna placed on the best location yet, this is a pleasant performance of the RB.
 To Fernis, regarding the faulty antenna: Since Airnav Systems is the seller of the entire equipment I have bought, this takes the ball on Airnav´s roof, no matter who has supplied the materials they are selling.
I would like to thank every one who has tryed to help me: THANKS, THANKS, THANKS.

hi Santi
Great to hear that, wait till you get the aerial in the right place, or better still wait till you get the outdoor aerial would be magic.
enjoy from pat

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2009, 06:17:14 PM »
Santi

Thanks for sharing you problem with us, it might help other users
15 Miles East of EGNJ

Fenris

« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2009, 09:00:23 PM »

Oh yes, quite! I was just pointing out that like the RB itself, the antenna is sub-contracted. I'm sure Airnav will turn their attention to this and ensure that any quality issues are resolved.

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2009, 08:11:40 AM »
Great to hear everything is working fine. This is the first complaint we have had regarding the insides of the antenna. Then again not many have actually opened it up.

We will check with them. Apologies.

Not entirely true.

See post #4 in this thread.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1183.msg8948#msg8948

effbordo

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 06:19:40 PM »
Hello Guys
Reporting same problem with my new RB unit.
I have had to open the antenna base and resolder the wires to the base.
This was after 6 days of good reception, started to have bad reception, checked the continuity was fully opened.
Enrique
Enrique
12NM east of SCEL

Fenris

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 09:42:16 PM »
Hello Guys
Reporting same problem with my new RB unit.
I have had to open the antenna base and resolder the wires to the base.
This was after 6 days of good reception, started to have bad reception, checked the continuity was fully opened.
Enrique

Batch problem?

I checked my antenna the other day, it's just fine. Purely for reassurance!