AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: JSTARS For RadarBox  (Read 25893 times)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: JSTARS For RadarBox
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 11:25:16 AM »
There might be another reason why Jstars is not working

Because I live in the Netherlands (it's quite nice here,you know) I use Dutch for my Regional Settings. The only way out for me to let the port 30003 output of the Radarbox work together with Jstars is to change my Regional Settings into English (United Kingdom). Then the program works great!.

anybody any idea why this should happen?

Likely to be connected with the use of commas in place of decimal points in Windows sur le Continent.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 04:26:38 PM »
There might be another reason why Jstars is not working

Because I live in the Netherlands (it's quite nice here,you know) I use Dutch for my Regional Settings. The only way out for me to let the port 30003 output of the Radarbox work together with Jstars is to change my Regional Settings into English (United Kingdom). Then the program works great!.

Well spotted Frank - I hadn't considered this issue.  Hopefully Rob will be able to come up with a fix, or is this a RB software snag?

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 07:20:50 PM »
Something as simple as that eh!
15 Miles East of EGNJ

Allocator

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 09:31:14 PM »
For those of you playing with JSTARS, here are 2 useful functions that you might not have noticed.

- When using the JSTARS Log Viewer (registered version only) in HTML format, clicking on the aircraft registration will open the Airliners.net website at the thumbnail page for that aircraft.

- The log files produced by JSTARS are comma delimited, so they can be opened in a spreadsheet for manipulation - here shown using the free OpenOffice Calc spreadsheet program.

Allocator

« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2009, 01:58:47 PM »
My JSTARS hits from this morning using my custom file which is Robs Military JSTARS file plus the A380's and Aviat Husky G-DOGY operated by a friend of mine :-)

EK01

« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2009, 06:14:18 PM »
My JSTARS hits from this morning using my custom file which is Robs Military JSTARS file plus the A380's and Aviat Husky G-DOGY operated by a friend of mine :-)
[/quote
Allocator,

That is a very strange occurrence. Your Jstars01.jpg on this reply timed at 02.58pm shows a BN2T of the Army Air Corp registration ZF573 with a mode S of 43C38B and an ID of ZZZZZZZZ. This is the exact same mode S  code and ID that Rod Bearden and I picked up this morning only it was relating to an Army Air Corp BN2T with a registration of ZH536.
How can 2 different registered aircraft be using the same mode S .
It is the second last entry on the attached.

Cheers,

Ian

Allocator

« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2009, 06:36:16 PM »
Very easy answer to this one.  JSTARS uses the database that Rob has put together and he has 43C38B as ZF537.  RadarBox uses it's auto-populated NavData.db3 database and this has 43C38B as ZH536, as shown in My MyLog file.

This just goes to show how difficult it is to maintain any database that is 100% correct.  Are we fairly sure that this aircraft is ZH536, if so, then it's a few seconds work to use JSTARS built-in data editor to change it :-)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 06:39:46 PM by Allocator »

EK01

« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2009, 06:49:17 PM »
Very easy answer to this one.  JSTARS uses the database that Rob has put together and he has 43C38B as ZF537.  RadarBox uses it's auto-populated NavData.db3 database and this has 43C38B as ZH536, as shown in My MyLog file.

This just goes to show how difficult it is to maintain any database that is 100% correct.  Are we fairly sure that this aircraft is ZH536, if so, then it's a few seconds work to use JSTARS built-in data editor to change it :-)

Allocator,

Having checked both GAS and Airframes sites they give 43C38B as relating to BN2T Army Air Corps registration ZF573 with a c/n of 2034. Incidentally, not ZF537 as you have put in above. It's been a long day ! Therefore, we can take it that the RB database is incorrect as showing the registration as ZH536.

Ian
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 06:58:08 PM by EK01 »

Allocator

« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2009, 08:14:14 PM »
Ian,

Thanks for that - yes, my typing error :-)

JSTARS

• JSTARS Software
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 05:39:14 AM »
Hi all,

I've published the new JSTARS version:

- Improved SMTP mail server authentication support

- New alert sound when traffic is detected

- Improved AirNav RadarBox support

- Added a switch to choose which virtual radar standard you are using (SBS-1 / RadarBox)

- Full support of RadarBox D008.dat flag file, now you can choose if to use Countries.dat or D008.dat file for flag management (also path location)

- Free to choose your personal BMPFlags path/folder

- Minor updates

Special thanks to Gary Wann for big support and availability offered to develop and to test RadarBox features included in this version

also new JSTARS data file updated (also with fixing discussed above about BN2T plane...)

Hope you can enjoy and appreciate this new version, for any feedback, bug report etc.. I am here.

Jollygreen

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2009, 10:40:56 AM »
JSTARS

Downloaded your software but when I launch the exe file all I get is the JSTARS logo and a beep, then nothing.

Any ideas?

Nigel

Allocator

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2009, 11:30:36 AM »
JSTARS

Downloaded your software but when I launch the exe file all I get is the JSTARS logo and a beep, then nothing.

Any ideas?

Nigel

Do you have the JAVA runtime software installed?

.:: Requirements to run JSTARS ::.

- PC/Windows (tested on MS Windows XP Pro, in MS Windows Vista, it could give some problems due to safety features of this Operative System) enough power to run BaseStation software by Kinetic Avionics
- JAVA Enviroment installed version 6 or above. Get it here: JAVA for your PC by SUN.
- Kinetic BaseStation running for real-time logging features
- AirNav RadarBox running for real-time logging features (only from AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.01 Beta)

- Less than 10 MByte on your HardDisk

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2009, 01:05:01 PM »
Been running the free version for two weeks.  Have payed for the full version last week.  Have registered but haven't recieved my reg key. 

Any chance it can be resent?

Thanks

Graham

Allocator

« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2009, 04:31:15 PM »
Been running the free version for two weeks.  Have payed for the full version last week.  Have registered but haven't recieved my reg key. 

Any chance it can be resent?

Thanks

Graham

Graham,

Just confirm that you have completed the registration from within JSTARS as well as paying the registration fee (I didn't do this until prompted by Rob!):

Use JSTARS Help > Register as shown in the on-line Help here (in the Using JSTARS > Menu Options > Help > Register)

http://jstars.altervista.org/help/index.html

Also, you should note that JSTARS isn't an AirNav program and the JSTARS author might not be monitoring the forum here.  His email address is on the JSTARS website.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2009, 04:33:17 PM by Allocator »

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2009, 04:34:10 PM »
Yep Confirm both.  Paid thru paypal and register thru the help menu

Graham