anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox & Live Flight Tracker  (Read 5986 times)

DaveG

RadarBox & Live Flight Tracker
« on: November 20, 2007, 06:42:39 PM »
Okay just pushing something out there for thoughts :)

As most live data is available in USA & Canada via Live Flight Tracker it could be a good guess that sales of RadarBox may not be that large over there! So here is an idea for AirNav...

How about....

1.  RadarBox Owners (Outside USA & Canada) feed data into the Network of Live Flight Tracker.
2.  Live Flight Tracker data is feed into the RadarBox owners that are outside USA & Canada.
3.  Review annual RB Network subs!! 

By doing the above both groups get full world wide access to data.
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
Re: RadarBox & Live Flight Tracker
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 09:42:04 PM »
Would be interested to hear some thoughts, however one which concerns us is that Live Tracker showing European data will inturn harm RadarBox sales (leading into a catch 22 situation)
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 10:16:54 PM »
Good point, but I don't remember there being much European traffic showing on Live Flight Tracker, mostly USA stuff.

DaveG

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2007, 10:55:05 PM »
I see your point, but I'm sure there is a way....

That would benifit both without affecting both...
Cornwall, UK

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 11:58:38 PM »
Hi there. We are totally open to further discussion on this. We are opn to have US/Canadian Radar traffic showing in RadarBox as well as having RadarBox Network flights on Live Flight Tracker. The only point is that we will never do anything to hurt RadarBox sales.

So any ideas and suggestion are welcome!

prbflight

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 04:03:18 AM »
I am using RadarBox, ACARS Decoder, AirNav Suite and Live Flight Tracker.  They all strongly compliment each other.  I could just imagine if all were combined in one software package!  AirNav Live Fligh Tracker is a must for North America air coverage but unfortunately it does not provide aircraft registration.  That's where the other programs come in.  There is no coverage of Europe with AirNav Live and this is where the RadarBox network fill's the gaps for me here in Canada.  Live Flight Tracker works on a five minute delay but is bang on.  Perfect for the plane spotting enthusiast or anyone else that enjoys aviation as a hobby or for professional needs.  It is a beautiful piece of software but does require a paid subscription such as the RadarBox network will once our free year is used up.  AirNav Live Flight Tracker used in combination with the above programs is great.  Now once AirNav releases RadarBox ver 1.4 and its improved database all will be complete and no other software or hardware developer will come close.  Just my two cents worth and no I do not have shares in the Company...yet :)  I'm just a very satisfied customer for the past four years.

Paul
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 04:11:05 AM by prbflight »

DaveG

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 11:36:37 AM »

If Live Tracker data was feed into the RadarBox user network this would not affect RB Sales if anything would increase selling power.

Feeding RB Data into the Live Tracker network does hold a problem as it could render the RadarBox not required!

Suggestion 1 Then:

With other options available for obtaining networked data from RB (via Plane Plotter) and the possibility of this growing to obtain network data via PP from both currently available boxes then the need to justify a network fee is growing.

How about revisiting the network fee overall in conjunction with two feeds of data into one:  One from RB Networked boxes, the other from Live Tracker Network all available for one network fee!

This would enhance the Radarbox network and features thus should give more to the potential buyer.  It does not help any current Live Tracker user, but I can see how it can without the possibilities of affecting sales of RB.

Even though I'm typing this, and think its a good workable idea, it still leaves the issue of will users "pay" for a network fee when other free options are available.  On this I've no idea, even I cant answer that one for myself! I guess it depends on the amount, I'm working on current fee.

Suggestion 2

Build the other software into RB in the same way as you have with Acars.  So you'd need to own each package before you can link them together (somehow!)

Cornwall, UK