anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Advice needed for new RB user  (Read 3525 times)

Cirrus

Advice needed for new RB user
« on: July 07, 2009, 10:55:49 PM »
Hello - First posting, so apologies if seemingly daft questions!

I have set up RB2009  on WinXP/SP3, using the supplied internal antenna upstairs at ceiling height. Not that many aircraft on My Flights, but I didn't expect that many due to close trees and nearby buildings. However, a couple of things I'm not sure of. How do you get the detailed info display for the aircraft next to the photo at the bottom of the grid? I either get two pics or a box saying no pic available, and no other information.
Also, I seem to have to keep resetting preferences for colour schemes and flight tracking each time I switch on, even though changes have been 'applied'.
Can Smartview be set just for aircraft entering my local area, or does it always retain a network world collection?
Thanks for any help

Cirrus
(near EGBJ)

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: Advice needed for new RB user
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 11:08:23 PM »
Hi Cirrus, welcome to the forum!

I'm just about to turn in for the night, so sorry for the short reply, but I'm sure there will be some 'night owls' here to keep you company :-)

I assume that you are running RB connected to the Internet and that you can see Network traffic if you have it selected on.  I'd also guess that you are using the RadarBox 2009 software as you say?

If you have details of the aircraft in MyFlights or the Network tab, then you should see one or 2 pictures at the bottom of the list along with the details to the right of the pictures.  If there are no aircraft details in the lists other than the Mode S code, then you won't see photos or details to the right of the photos.  However, autopopulate will 'fill in the blanks' after a little while as you pick up aircraft.

Are you 'exporting' the colour scheme after you have changed the colours in Preferences?  The scheme will then appear in the drop down list.  Sometimes RB does not remember the scheme in use when it was closed down, so you might need to select it from the drop down when you run RB again.

Fleet Watch in the SmartView tab does work for local and area flights, you can't just select local.

Hope this helps a bit!

Goodnight and enjoy your RadarBox!

Cirrus

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 10:46:02 AM »
Hi Allocator

Many thanks for your reply, I've been 'off air' shift bound at work since I posted, but have a few days off from Monday to get back in to RB!

Yes I am running connected to the internet, and have Network Traffic on and can see it. RB2009 software is in use.
I have photos and details in the lists, but don't seem to see details next to the photos. Maybe it's just because no aircraft with the necessary full broadcast have been seen yet, or maybe not noticed the box auto populate as I watch the map! I'll give it another go..

I'm applying the colour change and then just coming out of the menu to return to the main screen.

One different thing I noticed on the map the other night was some of the flights travelling back across Wales from LHR seemed to have the route codes the wrong way round indicating they were flying to LHR. Is this something to do with the same aircraft on a return trip and the pilot not altering the code?

Thanks for your help

Cirrus

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 10:56:52 AM »
Cirrus,

Take a look at the RadarBox Help file - Help > Contents - or just press the F1 key.

Look in the Menus, Windows and Toolbar section, then find RadarBox Interface and Preferences.  Scroll down to the Map Colors section and it shows you how to save your new colour scheme so that it appears in the RadarBox Map Colors drop-down list.

I don't know why you are not getting aircraft details to the right of the photos - are you using MS Vista by any chance.  I'm not a vista expert, but I know that it does strange things with files and permissions :-(

Without seeing the specific routes you were describing, I can't really comment on what you saw.  The route comes from the Flight ID entered by the aircrew, so if that is wrong it would give a route error.  I know that there are issues with routes when aircraft transfer between live and Network (or is it the other way around?) but I think that this is being worked on for the next software release.

Regards

Allocator

Cirrus

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 07:29:05 PM »
OK, Thanks for that. I'll give it a go.

No, I'm not using Vista, I have Windows XP.

Cirrus

Jeremy

• Jeremy
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 09:00:22 PM »
Try:
File/Preferences/Radar Box and un cheque Unload two pics.
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

Cirrus

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 11:08:21 PM »
Thanks J, I have now solved it - I just needed to drag the map to the right to resize it a little and the a/c details were there all the time - duh!