anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Minor Bugs  (Read 17384 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Minor Bugs
« Reply #60 on: July 15, 2009, 04:25:03 PM »
Tarbat - it happens on any and every flight that I select on the network grid or map.

Here's my ANRB registry, with personal data (email, box no and password) slightly anonomised (if that's a word!)

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #61 on: July 15, 2009, 04:45:13 PM »
Can't see anything obviously different to my setup, other than you have the aircraft list on the left, I have it on the right.  So I've tried interface on the left, but still can't get it to jump.

Are you also still getting problems with the RB window suddenly jumping to the front and getting in the way?  I just wonder if the two problems are connected in some way.

RodBearden

« Reply #62 on: July 15, 2009, 05:21:05 PM »
Just occasionally the RB window will jump spontaneously to the front, perhaps two or three times a day - definitely to be classed as a minor bug.

But this jumping network grid is a real pain.

PS Thanks for checking!

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #63 on: July 15, 2009, 05:42:51 PM »
Rod, an outside chance but it's worth a check.  Have you used TweakUI to modify any mouse settings, such as "activation follows mouse"?

EDIT:  Another thought.  Try applying a Quick Filter of Status <> 0NA.  Just in case it's all those NAs that are causing the problem
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 05:44:59 PM by tarbat »

RodBearden

« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2009, 06:58:16 PM »
Hi Tarbat - no, I haven't even installed TweakUI on this computer, and I've turned off Logitech Setpoint (the cordless mouse software), and checked mouse settings for anything odd.

I've often made a point of not touching the mouse after clicking a flight on the grid, and moving the mouse carefully off the map if I've clicked on a flight there.

I tried filtering out NA flights, but that hasn't helped the problem (though I think I might leave it like that - I still see no point in them being on the grid :-)

Come on now, you must have lots more ideas ;-)

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2009, 09:17:11 PM »
I've made a video of this list jumping phenomenon - I've sent it to AirNav. If anyone's interested, here's a link - it's nearly 55Mb.

The list is sorted by Flight ID and, after the first click, I'm not touching the computer at all.

http://www.rbearden.toucansurf.com/Rod Screen.AVI

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2009, 09:21:07 PM »
You have a much higher number of messages/sec for local hardware aircraft than I do - I wonder if that's a factor.  Does the problem still occur if you turn off Process Hardware Flight?

RodBearden

« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2009, 09:30:35 PM »
Yes - no difference with hardware flights off - I also tried not sharing data earlier (while I was uploading the video) and no difference there, either.

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #68 on: July 15, 2009, 09:34:20 PM »
It was worth a try.  I just hope Airnav have more success reproducing the error than I have!!

Looking at the video, it looks like the list moves up/down and the red box stays where it is when you first select an aircraft.  Whereas when my list moves, the red box also moves to remain on the selected aircraft.

I blame the colour sihouettes ;)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 09:37:55 PM by tarbat »

RodBearden

« Reply #69 on: July 15, 2009, 09:44:18 PM »
You leave my lovely silhouettes out of it!!

Wouldn't be ironic if they were the cause?

Nah - can't be - they're the same size in bytes and pixels as the boring ones! Actually, come to think of it, they are ever so slightly bigger. Oo-errr.. quick experiment coming up...

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #70 on: July 15, 2009, 10:02:04 PM »
No - no difference even with the boring silhouettes - I do wish it was something that simple!

Rod
Rod

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2009, 10:31:55 PM »
Rod, tks for the video. Our main programmer is analyzing it right now.

Frank

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2009, 07:14:55 AM »
No - no difference even with the boring silhouettes - I do wish it was something that simple!

Rod

I did have a look at your video. My screen looks exactly the same.
You are using a Logitech mouse too I have read. So do I, but it is a corded mouse (MX400). I am using device driver version 4.72.24.0 from Logitech, dated 12/18/2008. Maybe this driver causes a conflict somewehere. However...
I have tried several different settings in the Logitech Setpoint program, but no joy. I have disabled the Logitech mouse, removed the driver, put in another mouse (Asus corded mouse), but still no joy. The problem is still there.

edit: I have tested the latest patch + fix on another dualcore PC just now (dual core, Vista 32, Logitech cordless mouse equipped). The same jumping around occurs. Again with this logitech driver (a bit older version, but nevertheless Logitech). Using my basic Asus mouse made no difference, but I noticed that this corded Asus mouse makes use of another Logitech device driver.

Edit: tested ANRB on my main Dual Core PC with Dual boot. On the Windows xp(3) part these are the results:
1. Original 2.1 version: no jumping, lightining (white circle around tracked aircraft etc) stays on screen, so normal behaviour
2. Public beta 3.0: no jumping, but lightining (map) goes on and off, red block remains on tracked aircraft (grid).
3. Patch 3.0 + fix: jumping, lightining diasappears, red block jumps around

System: dual core 2.6 ghz dual boot (vista 32, XP 3), 2mb Ram, logitech  corded mouse,

Tests on the Vista 32 part of the system gave the same results...
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 09:45:00 AM by Frank »

GlynH

« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2009, 09:35:13 AM »
Room for another one in here? ;^)

I've had a quick read-through this forum to get up to speed but please excuse me if I have missed something ...

I had been using v2.10 Beta but have now installed the full v3.0 Beta, overwrote ANRB.exe with the Patch 1 executable and copied the later L007.dat

I then copied over MyLog.db3 (101MB / 15571 aircraft) and Navdata.db3 (25MB)

Started the app and it seemed to remember all of my previous settings with the exception of all the registrations in SmartView (which I quickly imported from an Excel spreadsheet I keep handy just for that purpose) and my Custom Legend details in Preferences.

Glad to see the Range Alerts working again and nice to be able to right-click to get more info etc.

However the slow menu issue I now have back with a vengeance...sorry guys...:-(

Also some silly menu related issues that were fixed with v2.10 Beta such as File Menu/Map/General Signs highlighted options not matching the Map Toolbar/General signs has also returned - for example;

In File Menu/Map/General Signs I turn off County Boundaries.
I close the menu and re-open it to verify it is off.
I check the Map Toolbar and see it is still highlighted on so I turn it off
I then turn it on again with the Map Toolbar but when I check File Menu/Map/General Signs it is unchecked.

Got to go and do some work now but I will report back later on.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

EMA

« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2009, 10:25:41 AM »

However the slow menu issue I now have back with a vengeance...sorry guys...:-(

-=Glyn=-

Hi Glyn

I have not had the slow menu problem on any of my systems since the 2.1 beta with the exception of all the fix points being enabled.

Kevin