anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Minor Bugs  (Read 17381 times)

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
Re: Minor Bugs
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2009, 05:32:08 PM »
Rod, the impression I get is that you're the only one experiencing this problem.  Did it happen in previous versions?  Any chance you could do a separate clean install and see if the problem occurs on that installation.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2009, 05:38:35 PM »
I'll have to give it a try, won't I?

Having tea now - I'll have a go in an hour or so.

Rod
Rod

EGNXR

« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2009, 06:39:00 PM »
Hi Rod,

Your not alone I am having the same problem too. I have network flights sorted by registration mostly and as I have been scrolling through I have just stopped on an aircraft downloading photo (HZ-130) and the screen jumped back about ten into the HB- range, It did this as the screen updated/network refreshed. I have not seen the jumping two places but that may be part of the problem I,ve just reported as to right clicking on myflights in another thread.

Cheers John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

EMA

« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2009, 06:46:46 PM »
I wonder if this is something to do with screen size? I am not seeing this problem and have been using the box all day.

RodBearden

« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2009, 07:30:53 PM »
Hi John - I suppose that's somewhat reassuring :-(

I've just done a complete reinstall and I'm getting exactly the same problem. On the way, after I had installed the full version (from the link in the main forum Beta announcement Part 2 thread), I ran the program and had no problem with jumping selections - steady as a rock.

Then I installed the latest anrb.exe (from the post in this forum with the updated fix file), and the same jumping behaviour has returned.

B*****!

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2009, 08:55:21 PM »
I'm trying to link the jumping to the network update cycle, but no luck yet - it seems to be at entirely random intervals.

EDIT - and it's still happening on recorder playback, when the network is of course turned off.

Rod
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:57:36 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2009, 09:00:52 PM »
Does it happen with network turned off and NOT playing back a recording - ie. just local hardware flights?

Frank

« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2009, 09:13:48 PM »
I am having the same problem with Network flights only.
First the little circle around the tracked aircraft disappears within 5-10 secs, then the red block moves down or up to another flight after some time. Sometimes it jumps after a network update, sometimes after two updates, but in the end it moves down or up.
Nothing noticed in myflights, but sometimes the tracking circle is disappearing  there too for an seconde. ( I have a refreshrate set at 1000 millisec )

Frank

RodBearden

« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2009, 12:09:01 AM »
Tarbat - no - the hardware flights grid is totally stable - no jumping around at all.

Glad it's not just me!

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2009, 07:25:36 AM »
Rod, I'm glad it's not just you as well.  What are your network time-out settings - I use 125/85.

RodBearden

« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2009, 09:48:25 AM »
My network timeouts are 90/180 (and refresh rate of 1000ms).

I'm just going to change them slightly and see what happens.

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2009, 10:03:39 AM »
Still evidence-gathering.

I click on a flight on the map to make it the active flight, and click on the Pan Map with Active flight button. Within a few seconds the highlighting has gone away, the selection on the grid has wandered off somewhere else, but it keeps panning with the correct flight.

Rod
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 01:38:35 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2009, 11:03:32 AM »
I don't have to click on an aircraft on the map to make it the active flight. so looks like there's different behavour there.  I just hover the mouse pointer over an aircraft, and it becomes active.  It then stays selected in the aircraft list for minutes.

If I accidentally pass my mouse pointer over another aircraft, and don't click on it, then that aircraft still becomes the active flight and the aircraft list will jump to that aircraft - is that what you're seeing?

Does this jumping occur if you single click on an aircraft on the list, instead of on the map?

RodBearden

« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2009, 11:25:41 AM »
Yes - it doesn't matter whether I click or not on the map - the passing-over is good enough, but the selection on the grid soon moves, and the selection highlighting on the map soon changes, too.

Same behaviour whether I select the aircraft on the grid or the map.

I've been very careful that I'm not passing the mouse over other flights on the map!

Rod
Rod

Frank

« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2009, 01:34:24 PM »
Yes - it doesn't matter whether I click or not on the map - the passing-over is good enough, but the selection on the grid soon moves, and the selection highlighting on the map soon changes, too.

Same behaviour whether I select the aircraft on the grid or the map.

I've been very careful that I'm not passing the mouse over other flights on the map!

Rod

I can confirm this. The same is happening on my PC. I have reinstalled the 3.0 Beta ('public' version) and the problem did not occur. 'Just' the occasional disappearing of the selection highlighting on the map , but no jumping red blocks on the grid.

Frank