anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Minor Bugs  (Read 17383 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: Minor Bugs
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2009, 01:04:30 PM »
No - it's nothing like that regular - I only see it happen perhaps four or five times a day - ooh it just did it then - this time it did come to the front along with a Flight in Range alert.

EDIT - it just did it again - definitely NOT related to any alert.

EDIT - and again - with an alert

Rod
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 02:07:21 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 02:10:54 PM »
Also, this phenomenon reported in reply #9 is starting to annoy me - it's like the Tour effect, even though that is turned off, but it will sometimes jump by two aircraft, not just one, and it jumps up as well as down.

EDIT - it's occasionally jumping four or six lines at at time - I think the jumping only happens after I've clicked a record above centre, not below.

Rod
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 03:41:22 PM by RodBearden »
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 04:06:58 PM »
THis jumping on the network grid seems to be to a pattern. I click a flight, it's centred, then it jumps up or down one or two flights, then it jumps pretty randomly to another flight. The timing seems to be related to the network update cycle.

I've changed pointing devices in case my cordless trackball was causing a problem, but my corded mouse is no different.

Nobody else getting this?

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 04:19:00 PM »
What sort-order have you got the network list in?  I usually sort by Dist, and haven't noticed this jumping around.  I'll test further now.

Could this be connected in some way to your other problem of the RB window jumping to the front?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 04:23:31 PM by tarbat »

RodBearden

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 04:25:10 PM »
Hmmm.. I don't know - I'm almost always sorting on Flight ID - I'll see what happens in other sort orders.

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 04:42:15 PM »
Trying different sort orders, and getting exactly the same effects. Any other ideas?

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 05:36:27 PM »
I'm out of ideas Rod.  I can't get this to happen.

I wonder if this is connected to your other problem.  One thought - see what happens if you turn off network flights.  Does that stop the RB window popping up in front of other windows.

RodBearden

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 06:12:09 PM »
That one hasn't happened for a couple of hours... We'll see.

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2009, 07:32:48 PM »
Well, the new release hasn't changed the jumping network grid problem - whenever I click any flight on the grid, the red selection box moves straight to it, then after, usually, a second, the selection box jumps, usually down to the next record, and then often jumps 10 ro 12 records.

It's driving me mad - I'm trying to right-click on the desired flight, often I'm missing it and clickingthe wrong one. Even if I do manage to get the right flight, while I am, say looking at it in MyLog, the selection box will jump to a completely different record and get me even more confused.

None of this happens in MyFlights.

Rod
Rod

RodBearden

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2009, 07:50:03 PM »
More info on this - it's showing the same bad behaviour while I'm playing back a recording, but still behaving perfectly well in live MyFlights.

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2009, 08:12:39 PM »
Rod, I'll try recording playback tomorrow, see if I can see the same problem.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 01:35:00 AM »
Rod, did this happen in previous versions?

EMA

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 07:09:04 AM »
Rod

I am not getting this jumping problem, I looked for the issue last night and again this morning but the flight I select stays selected, unless something move close by on the map and it may then switch automatically.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 07:17:27 AM »
I tried a recording playback, and I can't get this jumping problem.

RodBearden

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 05:12:43 PM »

No - I didn;'t notice this in earlier versions, and yes, I'm still getting this problem - and it's making the network grid very difficult to use - some of the time it appears that when the grid jumps to accommodate aircraft added or removed from the list, the red selection box just stays in the same position, selecting the aircraft that's jumped into its place.

Other times I'll click on a flight, and within a second the selection box moves up to the next aircraft, up again after one or two seconnds, and the jumps down about 10 aircraft. I promise I'm not moving my mouse, or touching the keyboard during this procedure!

Another example is that I'll click an aircraft on the map to select it, and it gets selected on the grid. Then, again after jut a second or two, the next aircraft gets selected on the grid, but the original aircraft is selected on the map - like this:

Anyone know of a free and easy-to use screen recorder so that I can send a recording to AirNav of this behaviour?

Rod
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 05:14:49 PM by RodBearden »
Rod