anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: FTP upload does not overwrite  (Read 31243 times)

jgrloit

Re: FTP upload does not overwrite
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2009, 02:45:27 PM »
Jonjo -
    The system that Tarbet is using must be deleting the old file just prior to the renametp RNTO being actioned.
   You may also need to check that you have update permissions on the directory, if the SIP is using a Windows system, as you can have Read + Write but not update on Windows Systems.
   Can you manually FTP upload, and replace an existing file, or not??
   Can you delete files?      These questions may help sort the problem.
   There may ned to be some kind of RDEL added to the FTP script, just before the rename!!!
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2009, 02:53:33 PM »
Yes, I reckon the ftp script should probably be something like:
STOR _200907040738.tmp
DELE RadarBoxScreenShot.gif
RNFR _200907040738.tmp
RNTO RadarBoxScreenShot.gif

But so much depends on what each ftp server allows.  Some don't like you renaming a file to the same name as an existing file.

abrad41

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 11:30:55 AM »
Yesterday I got a message back from my ISP, saying they had refreshed my account, what ever that means.

The upshot of all this is, my FTP seems to be working ok now.

Andy

abrad41

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 07:17:48 PM »
Well I thought my FTP upload was working.

Its keeping running great for about 30 - 40 mins, then nothing.

I do believe there is a bug - I have emptied my radarbox folder on my FTP site and been watching it for about 30 mins and there is nothing being loaded there - which makes me think, is the RB sending the sceenshot after about 30 mins. Is there anyway of checking to see if the RB is sending the screenshot, maybe a port that can be checked.

Andy

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »
Check in the ANRB Temp folder - you should see 5-minutes worth of screenshots.

You should also see FTP messages appear every minute in the status bar at the bottom of the RB screen. - EDIT: v3.0 beta only.

And use Wireshark to see if ANRB is doing the FTP sends every minute.  You'll also be able to see any error messages returned by your FTP provider in Wireshark.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 08:13:13 PM by tarbat »

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 09:36:54 PM »
Hi Andy,

Contact your website supplier as well incase they limit ftp connections after a certain amount of usage per day. The upload function is used by quite a few people and Heathrowcam and they haven't emailed us about such an issue but we will investigate it.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

abrad41

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 09:20:06 AM »
AirNav Support

I will try what tarbat has surgested and let you now my results. I have spoken to my ISP about this problem, hopefully with them, support and myself and tarbat we can sort it out.

tarbat
Is Wireshark easy to use, to get I assume I just google it.

Cheers

Andy

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 09:34:38 AM »
Is Wireshark easy to use, to get I assume I just google it.

Not that easy, no, but take a look at http://www.wireshark.org/

If you don't want to try Wireshark, I'm happy test FTP upload to your ISP, but you'd have to divulge your FTP account details to me :(

First check is to see what messages, if any, appear in the status bar at the bottom of the RB screen.  You should see FTP started, success, etc. if you're running the v3.0 beta.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 09:58:26 AM »
Basic guide to using Wireshark:
- Download and install
- Start
- Start capture on your ethernet interface
- Setup a filter for source or destination = your FTP server (or just filter on FTP)
- Look at results

Example:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 10:07:01 AM by tarbat »

abrad41

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 11:25:16 AM »
tarbat

Yes I have seen the FTP start, success on the status bar, but its not on a regular basis, think I have seen it when RB has just started, possibly a couple of times, but then I don't see it anymore.

At the present I am work, but I will be home about 15.30 - 16.00. I will PM you my FTP account details, then we can set a time for you to try.

Thanks for your help mate.

Andy

Harry

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2009, 10:19:26 AM »
I'm also seem to have some problems with the FTP upload.
I do have my own webserver with a ftp server running. I was using SCWebcam without any problems. Using the buildin ftp upload I only see temp files being created (e.g. 200907121007.tmp). Those files are the size of 0.00 KB.

Harry

abrad41

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2009, 11:18:20 AM »
Harry

Just the same as I have been getting. Also when it is working There is also another problem - When you have something in front of the map ( say Mylog or screen saver), it shows this instead of the map - This is in the closed beta version.  AirNav do now about it.  If anyone want to see what I mean take a look at

http://www.absbta2006.co.uk/airnav_radarbox.htm

You will see my screen saver is covering the map.

Andy

abrad41

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2009, 06:00:53 PM »
Jonjo Robb

Im currently not using the FTP upload for the simple reason that the .gif does not overwrite, but simply creates a .tmp file instead. every time it should upload, it creates another temp.

I am having the very same problem - I have been talking (Or should I say e-mailing) my ISP, all they tell me is "everything is fine there end" they say they have uploaded a gif file from explorer and that worked ok. they are not being very helpful i think.  When I get time I will investigate more, the way the webpage is written etc etc.

But for now I am having the same problem, you are not alone.

Cheers

Andy

I have just been doing some testing with my laptop.  When using RB on my laptop, I am getting no Temp files being loaded into my Folder on my ISP server. This lead me to believe that there must be a problem with my main computer.

But I also think the RB ftp upload stops working after about 15 mins or so. I started the ftp upload at 17.00, on my website the latest shot is 17.15 and the time on my laptop is now 18.54. There is no Temp files in the folder on my server to stop it loading, I have also looked in the screenshots folder on my laptop and the last one in there is also 17.15.

Has anybody or can someone try and run there FTP for a extended time 20 - 30 mins to see if there is a problem there.

Cheers

Andy

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2009, 06:11:16 PM »
Has anybody or can someone try and run there FTP for a extended time 20 - 30 mins to see if there is a problem there.

I've run it for many hours without problems.  Maybe your FTP provider has an upload limit?

I'll leave it running again tonight.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2009, 06:16:39 PM »
Andy, why not try an alternative ftp provider to see whether it's your PC/Radarbox setup or your ftp provider that's causing the problem.

I (and others) use gofreeserve.com successfully.

http://www.tarbat.gofreeserve.com/radarbox.htm
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 06:20:01 PM by tarbat »