anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: New ADS-B Sharing System  (Read 8678 times)

leeus

New ADS-B Sharing System
« on: October 20, 2010, 07:01:59 AM »
Hi All,

We (pinkfroot and Roger Tinembart) have been working hard over the last few months and wanted to create something that you can all be part of....so we have created ADSBHub.net!

ADSBHub.net is a sharing system that works in conjunction with all existing ADS-B receivers currently on the market and also all BaseStation addons!

The ADSBHub software listens to the 30003 output of BaseStation or PlanePlotter and feeds the data to a central server.  The software passes that data locally back to you as another TCP socket that has all of your data unaltered.  In return the output also includes all of the ADS-B data currently passing between all of the ADSBHub.net sharers.  Currently there are 2 sharers (http://www.adsbhub.net/index.php/ads-b-statistics/) and we want this to grow and grow!  The more people that join the more people that benefit!

ADSBhub is compatible with Plane Plotter and does not affect any sharing you currently do with COAA or MLAT.  The software requires no ports opening on firewalls and  the data usage is VERY light!

More information is available on http://www.adsbhub.net with the e-mail address to sign up there also.  Setup is really simple and a download link will be sent to you with a configuration file that you simply double click on.

Please ask if you have any questions. 

Please also note that we are building a list of add-ons too - if you would like yours added to the site just let us know.

Thanks,

Lee

dl1812

Re: New ADS-B Sharing System
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 12:55:12 PM »
I may be missing something here, but on the linked Web site there is no mention whatever of ANRB, only the "other lot".

Therefore this seems a strange post for this Forum ?

leeus

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 12:56:10 PM »
Sorry, but the format is 30003 which I believe BaseStation created.  It is still ANRB compatible as that provides the same output.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 01:16:36 PM »
Sorry, but the format is 30003 which I believe BaseStation created.  It is still ANRB compatible as that provides the same output.

Almost the same output.  Has it been tested with ANRB?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 01:18:39 PM by tarbat »

leeus

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 01:17:13 PM »
Yes it has been tested with ANRB extensively. 

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 01:18:47 PM »
And how do you display the ADS-B data returned from the other ADSBHub.net sharers in Radarbox?  That seems impossible.

leeus

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2010, 01:19:59 PM »
Correct it is impossible :-)

You can use any number of add-ons as the client itself just outputs 30003 format data on the other side.  Information is on the site @ http://www.adsbhub.net

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2010, 01:21:09 PM »
Okay, thanks for that.  So this seems like a service not really designed to be used by Radarbox users, if you can't actually see the shared aircraft in Radarbox.

leeus

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2010, 01:22:39 PM »
Some other people have started using this with OpenATC and Virtual Radar Server and also Plane Plotter so there are some useful applications.

Zillie

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2010, 04:19:27 PM »
At present i use Planeplotter connected via network directly to the PC running RadarBox 4.03 and its running perfect, so let anyone convince me that it is necessary to have some other peace of software in between. B.t.w. i tried these Add-ons from the website and none of them realy works good with Radarbox, so i assume, they are primary for the other system.

Harry

leeus

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 05:04:03 PM »
Hi Harry,

We now have over 30 members and 5 of them are AirNav users.  Give it a go.

NF2G

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 03:04:08 PM »
I don't perceive any improvement over PlanePlotter.