AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: All myflights ADS-B seem to have gone?  (Read 15158 times)

ch33se

Re: All myflights ADS-B seem to have gone?
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 08:01:04 PM »
Checked all connections tried zoomin but alas to no avail, yes i am using original aerial connected to box and a usb 5m extension, box happily flashing away with signals.

No prob yesterday and this morning thought it maybe atmospheric but Rich is getting everything 5 miles from me.

Bri

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 08:04:06 PM »
Checked all connections tried zoomin but alas to no avail, yes i am using original aerial connected to box and a usb 5m extension, box happily flashing away with signals.

No prob yesterday and this morning thought it maybe atmospheric but Rich is getting everything 5 miles from me.

Bri

I'd get rid of that 5m USB extension and try again - see if that makes a difference.  Get your antenna down, put it outside on the window ledge and just use the standard USB cable.  You would then be starting from a known point.

USB Info: Frequently Asked Questions

USB Cables, Connectors, and Networking with USB

Q1: How long of a cable can I use to connect my device?
A1: In practice, the USB specification limits the length of a cable between full speed devices to 5 meters (a little under 16 feet 5 inches). For a low speed device the limit is 3 meters (9 feet 10 inches).

Q2: Why can't I use a cable longer than 3 or 5m?
A2: USB's electrical design doesn't allow it. When USB was designed, a decision was made to handle the propagation of electromagnetic fields on USB data lines in a way that limited the maximum length of a USB cable to something in the range of 4m. This method has a number of advantages and, since USB is intended for a desktop environment, the range limitations were deemed acceptable. If you're familiar with transmission line theory and want more detail on this topic, take a look at the USB signals section of the developers FAQ.

ch33se

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2009, 08:08:08 PM »
Looks like that could be the way, however originally with the aerial hanging out of the window and without the extension it was even more Marie Celeste type did not pick up anything. As soon as it went in the loft had a 10 times increase was showing 25 flights at 5.30 am this morning. Hoping it not a hardware fault............mind you i dont think it can be as im still picking up the odd transmission in myflights from A/C.

Bri

EGNXR

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2009, 09:30:41 PM »
Hi all,

Just clicked autopopulate on mylog and closed mylog while it updates to see this?

John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

EGNXR

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2009, 09:34:29 PM »
Just gone back to view my screen and they have started to reappear in myflights. but there are more than 10 aircraft on the screen.

John

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2009, 09:49:17 PM »
Bri

Traffic in our area is pretty sparse now (I've only got 4 flights,two of which are tracking) but with my set up at almost ground level, that's not unusual or suprising

If you can, post an update tomorrow am and i'll compare again with my coverage

From your polar diagram, it basically resembles the top half of mine, so looks like you are blocked out by something due south,but even so, I've been seeing lots of traffic in the area you were covering before your problem.

John - whilst you are further south, we seem to have similar coverage - is the drop off in numbers very unusual for you, as I also occasionaly experience the number in my flights moving considerably at "peak" times of the day but have just put it down to my location and the interaction with the Pennines/Peak District getting in the way of flights at lower altitude becoming blocked off?

Rich

EGNXR

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 10:17:46 PM »

John - whilst you are further south, we seem to have similar coverage - is the drop off in numbers very unusual for you, as I also occasionaly experience the number in my flights moving considerably at "peak" times of the day but have just put it down to my location and the interaction with the Pennines/Peak District getting in the way of flights at lower altitude becoming blocked off?

Rich

Hello Rich,

The flights indicating in myflights is about normal for the time of day in the early post, its just that the adsb contacts did not seem to match what I should have been seeing. Another thing I've noticed is after a while you just get Blue (leval) and Green (Descending) on the screen, if you shut down and restart RB you get all the Red (Climbers) showing again as well.

And as for the last two posts I really dont know whats going on, Aircraft showing on screen and nothing in myflights, then they began to reappear. Just rebooted RB and all seems well again.

John

ch33se

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 04:10:32 AM »
Early doors 5.am and lo and behold ive now got 16 aircraft and most of them are appearing on my map, wonder if it is temp or atmospheric related?.

Bri

ch33se

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2009, 04:17:08 AM »
Still running and still receiving off to work will see if we are still on when i get home

Bri

[attachment deleted by admin]

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 06:32:52 PM »
Bri

Is it stable now?

Rich

ch33se

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 07:41:58 PM »
Hi Rich

Just got back from eating out................and no, once again no flights showing, ill leave it on and see what happens in the morning, im still leaning towards an atmosphere/heat thing.

Bri

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 07:45:47 PM »
Ch££se,

Can you confirm that your MyFlight list is showing aircraft without any globe signs?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

ch33se

« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2009, 07:59:13 PM »
Yes that is correct

Bri

ch33se

« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2009, 08:00:17 PM »
Yes that is correct no globe

Bri

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2009, 08:05:08 PM »
It just the traffic around at those times then. During the busy times you the ADS-B traffic (position details hence globe) will be more apparent while at less busy times there may only be military, cargo, private jets around which don't have ADS-B.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]