anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forum Interference / Problems  (Read 66966 times)

abrad41

Forum Interference / Problems
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2009, 11:11:58 AM »
Anyone had any problems with the "Screen Shot Auto FTP Upload"

When the active box is checked - Various times at the bottom of the screen (Same place as Network flight data successfully updated) I am getting FTP upload disconnected. Nothing happening on the web page either.

Andy

vruma

« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2009, 12:46:19 PM »
As the Airline field is a graphic, I am not surprised that there is not search on it.
The correct text field to search on would be the FlightID, with the generic first 3 characters.

To implement a search on the graphic would require reverse lookups from the logo to the FlightID, and could slow the system!!!!

jgrloit,

thanks for commenting my post. However, I dont understand your explanation why this is not a bug and why the airline is a graphic? Are you working with a new beta version I am not aware of? ;O)

The search function is working fine with the other filters on the filters toolbar, Origin, Destination and Airport. So in my view, its a (minor) bug with the airline search function.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 12:48:45 PM by vruma »

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2009, 01:21:32 PM »
I think we're talking about two separate fields here - the Airline field is the logo (graphic) and the Company is the text field. Company sorts and filters fine. Airline can't be filtered, and sorting produces results that I don't understand!

HTH

Rod
Rod

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2009, 01:35:02 PM »
I think that vruma is talking about the Airline BUTTON on the toolbar to the right of 'Start Tour'.  He's right, previous selections are not remembered in the drop-down list.  I'd not noticed this as I never use it.  I always use the Quick Filters.

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2009, 04:07:45 PM »
Thats intresting, do you mean not remembered on closing the software and starting or during its session?
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2009, 04:30:52 PM »
I think that vruma is talking about the Airline BUTTON on the toolbar to the right of 'Start Tour'.  He's right, previous selections are not remembered in the drop-down list.  I'd not noticed this as I never use it.  I always use the Quick Filters.

Remembers okay for me.  I have EZY entered, and it's there on the drop-down list even after restarting.  I've found that you need to press the ENTER key when typing in this box to get it to remember what you've entered.

Allocator

« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2009, 04:34:41 PM »
Thats intresting, do you mean not remembered on closing the software and starting or during its session?

No, it's not remembered during the session.

Type BAW into the Airline box and click the button - only British Airways aircraft show on the map.  Type AFR into the box and Air France aircraft show.  Click the down arrow on the drop-down box and it is empty.

It's the same with the Origin, destination and Airport boxes too.

I think that you should end up with all your entries from that session showing in the drop-down, not just the last entry?

Allocator

« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2009, 04:36:34 PM »

Remembers okay for me.  I have EZY entered, and it's there on the drop-down list even after restarting.  I've found that you need to press the ENTER key when typing in this box to get it to remember what you've entered.

Yep, that works - use Enter and the drop-down is populate.  Just click on the button and it isn't.

GlynH

« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2009, 09:52:47 PM »
A minor issue that I had discovered in version 2.0 and forgotten about, which I see is also in version 3.0 Beta...If you click the Cancel button on the Welcome dialog (the one with the Start, Account and Cancel buttons on it) then on re-entering the program many of the previously chosen settings have been lost. For example, the Interface panel is now removed, the vertical tracking view F8 flight display reappears, Map/Aviation Signs/Station Labels/Name is now unchecked etc.

Well that's an interesting find Andy,

I have had some instances where RB has started up and had lost most of my preferences and the vertical tracking list has mysteriously disappeared.

I am betting this was related to the fact that I had hit cancel when starting the app - when I ran it again afterwards it started from a default setting.

Doesn't affect me now as I have altered the icon to add the /connect switch. :-)

It was annoying though starting the app only to find all of my alerts gone etc.

Should really be looked at sometime...

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

HadNav

« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2009, 12:34:20 AM »
As I saw it. Version 2.10 was with a closed beta test and release was delayed by this beta test! We the users were told version 2.10 was imminent pending the closed beta peeps replying to latest closed test!
All of a sudden it wasn't a release but an open beta test of V3.
Not very professional beta testing. I know what a beta test is.
The beta testing at Airnav needs a more organised approach.
To break a previously working feature in ver 2.01 beggars belief! How did this get past the closed beta?

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2009, 01:11:47 AM »
HadNav - you don't appear to know anything about programming or beta testing. Your comments are not worthy of any other reply.

I do hope that AirNav delete your silly post.

Rod
Rod

HadNav

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2009, 01:21:03 AM »
Look at the past posts from Airnav. Version 2.10 release was imminent! Not a V3 beta test. We the users were misled! Were you on the closed beta test Rod?
I know a lot about programming and beta testing.
In a new version of software you launch new features and bug fixes. You don't break what previously worked in an earlier version.

HadNav

« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2009, 01:30:57 AM »
Rod, you deem my post silly :) Oh well that's your opinion. I expressed mine! I hope that Airnav are adult enough and democratic not to delete my posts.

GlynH

« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2009, 07:07:11 AM »
As I saw it. Version 2.10 was with a closed beta test and release was delayed by this beta test! We the users were told version 2.10 was imminent pending the closed beta peeps replying to latest closed test!
All of a sudden it wasn't a release but an open beta test of V3.
Not very professional beta testing. I know what a beta test is.
The beta testing at Airnav needs a more organised approach.
To break a previously working feature in ver 2.01 beggars belief! How did this get past the closed beta?

It seems to me you saw it all wrong then HadNav.

Why all the fuss about a simple number change??

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2855.0

Quote; "Note: AirNav Systems renamed this new version to V3.00 to reflect the considerable amount of changes being released." unquote:

Although I would argue that on the surface nothing much seems to have changed in the way of new features I personally feel that AirNav made a rod for their own backs by 'bigging' up this release and also posting release dates but that is just my opinion as I was expecting something more...but as I said I would settle for a version that resolves the slow menu & associated issues that affected a minority of users in lieu of new features and it would appear that I might just get that.

Nothing else has changed...v2.10 was always a closed Beta as has always been the case in the past - with hindsight maybe it would have been better to leave it called v2.10 instead of bumping the revision number to v3.0...

The only difference this time is AirNav decided to release a public Beta as people have been clamouring for...apart from them renaming it from v2.10 to v3.0 this is exactly what happened and they stated this a while ago.

Not misleading...just difficult for some people to realise that v3.0 is really v2.10 - just the version number has changed...

For those of you like Cnut (can I abbreviate your username CowboyNut?) and others who are pissing & moaning it is a Beta version FFS.

Quote from WIKI on software testing;

"Beta testing comes after alpha testing. Versions of the software, known as beta versions, are released to a limited audience outside of the programming team. The software is released to groups of people so that further testing can ensure the product has few faults or bugs. Sometimes, beta versions are made available to the open public to increase the feedback field to a maximal number of future users."

I have always been vocal in criticising AirNav where deserved and this probably will not change but for Gods sake give them a break here.

They responded to requests for users to become involved in a pre-release version whatever it may be called and have done just that.

If you have no desire to take part in Beta testing then please don't.

I for example have not gone anywhere near v3.0 at the moment and am using v2.10 - and believe me I always want the latest & greatest.

I read this thread and took a decision - I am going to let the dust settle and wait until most (if not all) of these reported issues are resolved before I jump in. Probably. ;^)

Others out there would be well advised to do the same if you cannot or will not accept that a Public Beta is by very definition a pre-release test of the software opened up to a wider audience instead of a closed group of users and you will find issues.

The purpose of this thread was so we, the users could post feedback on any issues we found with this public beta should we choose to install it but it is getting bogged down with people bleating instead of offering constructive criticism of issues they may find on their own systems.

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2009, 07:28:49 AM »
I know a lot about programming and beta testing.
In a new version of software you launch new features and bug fixes. You don't break what previously worked in an earlier version.

You obviously don't understand software development then.  Things get broken whenever you change software.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 07:31:28 AM by tarbat »