AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forum Interference / Problems  (Read 66897 times)

dl1812

Forum Interference / Problems
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 09:52:02 AM »
Some of the comments on here defy belief.
Do the posters on here understand exactly what a beta is, or realise the amount of programming required to acheive even a minor change to any software ?
Some comments have been spiteful, rude or unhelpful, rather than trying to achieve a better product by feeding back constructive comments.

Gentlemen, it is a FREE Beta; it's cost you nothing. If you can't understand the basic concept of Beta testing, then uninstall it and wait for the public update; give AirNav a break and some breathing space !

Sorry - just my 2p Worth....

fatkat

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 10:04:36 AM »
even with the odd niggle beta 3 is better than v2  ....just the fact its quicker outweighs all else !

thumbs up to airnav !

mdobuk21

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 10:10:24 AM »
i think its a fantastic update, the extra flight id`s is a massive improvement

Mark

vruma

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2009, 10:41:03 AM »
An additon to the 'Low' bug list:

F9 key
The tools menu states the F9 key to call up the Myflight tab, but has no function.

Remark
The current online help manual says that the F9 key is assigned to call the 'Avoid overlap funtion' and F10 to call the 'Avoid navigational aids overlap'. I assume both functions happen automatically in the current software version, without need of manual initiation. That's why those two key assignments are used otherwise now: F9-MyFlights, F10-Network. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong on that.

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2009, 11:51:56 AM »
I think you are correct, Vruma.

I've been nagging Development for ages about that. My nagging eventually got us the +/- keys for map zooming, so we might get F9 working sometime as well ;-)

Rod
Rod

radarspotter10

« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2009, 02:31:20 PM »
An additon to the 'Low' bug list:

F9 key
The tools menu states the F9 key to call up the Myflight tab, but has no function.

Remark
The current online help manual says that the F9 key is assigned to call the 'Avoid overlap funtion' and F10 to call the 'Avoid navigational aids overlap'. I assume both functions happen automatically in the current software version, without need of manual initiation. That's why those two key assignments are used otherwise now: F9-MyFlights, F10-Network. Anyone please correct me if I am wrong on that.
hi all
if i press f9 i get more aircraft must be overlap.
from pat using V3.0

jmhayes

« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2009, 06:27:47 PM »
Odd behavior just noticed: if you sort by ModeS and select a flight that subsequently times-out, the selected aircraft jumps and the list scrolls far away from where you were watching.  this is annoying if, for instance, you're wanting to keep a watch on a particular section of codes, like the border between one range and another.  Can't it just stay approximately where it was?

swadeep

« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2009, 06:37:06 PM »
how about releasing something that makes radar box runs on vista 64 bit first :) please please! been waiting for so long support! You gotta at least give us that and we can help with reporting issues with beta also. It's frustrating not being able to even install radar box.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 09:26:10 PM »
They should get a new beta team next time.  That will do some rigorous testing.

We tested what we were told was in the beta.  And regression tested.  I had no problems.  Maybe you'd have liked to spend hours diagnosing and helping develop the logic to received non-ADS/B FlightIDs.  Sorry, but you touched a nerve with that swipe at beta testers :(

And I was in such a good mood as well, having got back from 2 days on the north Sutherland coast in blazing sunshine.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 09:30:01 PM by tarbat »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 09:28:55 PM »
Tarbat,

I think that it has been established that CowboyNut was one of the trouble makers from before who had been banned, then registered under another name - hence the 18 Jun joining date and only 7 posts!

So, don't loose any sleep over it, he was just trying to wind people up :-(

EMA

« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2009, 06:51:43 AM »
Tarbat

You should know that you are a respected member of this forum, it is easy to see who wants to help and those that only complain. Thats forums for you ;-)

Falcon

« Reply #26 on: June 27, 2009, 08:43:57 AM »
I stand by what I have said. This issue seems a bit Alpha. Alerts worked in 2.01 but no longer work in V3 beta! How did that get past a closed beta test?
It didn't. They knew about it. I reported it :-) I imagine that since the software was going to be launched as a beta that they would take care of it at a later date and have even a larger user base give feedback about the software and get a more complete and comprehensive view of the issues, which does makes sense. After all who would ever go and install a beta and expect to have a stable system? I had a chance to see what one might consider Alpha and what you see now is no comparison to that. The new software is great and once all the bug fixes are implemented it's really going to be sweet.

Regards,
Falcon
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 08:53:34 AM by Falcon »

vruma

« Reply #27 on: June 27, 2009, 09:36:40 AM »
An addition to the bug list:

No search function in the "Airline" section of the filter toolbar
If a criteria is entered into the field "Search for" the list does not update to show the matching entries.

(I'd categorize it minor)

Edit: here's a pic.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 03:03:44 PM by vruma »

jgrloit

« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2009, 10:40:41 AM »
As the Airline field is a graphic, I am not surprised that there is not search on it.
The correct text field to search on would be the FlightID, with the generic first 3 characters.

To implement a search on the graphic would require reverse lookups from the logo to the FlightID, and could slow the system!!!!
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

Andy Frost

• SquawkBox
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2009, 10:57:20 AM »
A minor issue that I had discovered in version 2.0 and forgotten about, which I see is also in version 3.0 Beta...If you click the Cancel button on the Welcome dialog (the one with the Start, Account and Cancel buttons on it) then on re-entering the program many of the previously chosen settings have been lost. For example, the Interface panel is now removed, the vertical tracking view F8 flight display reappears, Map/Aviation Signs/Station Labels/Name is now unchecked etc.

This might be desirable in some respects, e.g. "Restore Installation Defaults" (do we have that somewhere?) but at least there should be a warning on the button press.

Another issue following on from the one above: Having never tried Restore Desktop from the Window menu I assumed this would restore my settings to the defaults, so I clicked on it. This blanked my map area to grey and disabled all my toolbars, I also got disconnected from the network ("Get Flights From RadarBox Network" got unchecked). On retrying this the same occurred but I remained connected.

I see now, after reading the manual, that Restore Desktop is to be used in conjunction with, and importantly after Record Desktop.  Perhaps in this case Restore Desktop should be greyed until Record Desktop has been selected and as Restore Desktop follows on logically from Record Desktop it should perhaps be below it in the menu.