AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: A few confusing references in RB Windows Help  (Read 7390 times)

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
Re: A few confusing references in RB Windows Help
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 08:47:40 PM »
Hi Rod, yes!    I've got a Watson Radar Extender to go outside (if and when I get the time to erect it!) but slightly worried now, as it's not DC grounded AFAIK.    When I got the chance to stick the RB on the other day, my polar diagram had shrunk from 200nm west to around 30nm, that's when I found the standard one was suffering badly from the elements!
ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

CoastGuardJon

• Mullion Cove, Kernow --- sw Cornwall UK.
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 08:56:43 PM »
You do seem to have a fairly major issue with the use of words here :-)

There is nothing factually incorrect in the piece from the manual that you have quoted as far as I see it.

Hi Allocator, the quotes above from the manual are actually very clear and definitive, but parts are factually incorrect and misleading, unless my understanding of the English language is way off.

I don't intend getting into a slanging match with you, so we will have to agree to differ.    We are all entitled to our own opinions!

ANRB :  AOR AR8000 : Icom R-7000 : Icom IC-R9000 : JRC NRD-545 : OptoElectronics Digital Scout and OptoLinx Interface; Realistic Pro-2005 : UBC 800XLT - listed in alphabetical order, not cost, preference, performance or entertainment value!

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2009, 09:03:39 PM »
No snags Jon, just a little light relief :-)

I would tell the story about how I ordered an additional SBS-1 mag-mount antenna from a certain well known supplier and they sent me the external BS-1100 - but they might want it back!  I feel guilty every time I plug it into the RB - lol

I think that the 'statute of limitations' must have run its course by now, as it was a long time ago!