anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RadarBox records  (Read 10341 times)

Pagy

RadarBox records
« on: June 21, 2009, 03:38:39 PM »
Can anybody record traffic from big airports during peak hours (EGLL, EHAM etc.) and upload it somewhere? The 30s delay of network traffic doesn't suit me to follow and understand the atc job. Thanks...

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
Re: RadarBox records
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 03:40:05 PM »
It think you mean 300s delay, unless your have different software from the rest of us.
15 Miles East of EGNJ

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 03:42:19 PM »
Yes, the 30s delay between updates doesn't make for the most realistic display.  Sorry, I'm nowhere near a "busy" airport, so can't help.

Where are you located?  Might be worth taking your Radarbox out to a busy airport some time.  That way you can see live radar and the aircraft at the same time.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 03:48:04 PM »
are we talking about the same thing. 5 minute delay between live and network traffic or delay between updates of network traffic?
15 Miles East of EGNJ

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 03:57:06 PM »
Given that Pagy wants a recording, I doubt if he is bothered about the 5 minute delay!!  I presume Pagy wants Radarbox to "fill in the gaps" (interpolate) between the updates each 30s.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 03:59:02 PM by tarbat »

Pagy

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 04:32:43 PM »
To explain the question, I wanted some recordings from busy airsports, for example 1-2h, during peak hours. I am interested in the way how ATC handles the traffic, and it is hard to follow because of the slow updates. The 5min delay is no problem for me.
I live 100km from Vienna, but can see only planes above specific FL. :-)

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 08:08:28 PM »
Got you so its actual recordings from say EGLL and you would like the recordings email to you?
15 Miles East of EGNJ

Pagy

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 09:07:10 PM »
Have you got recordings from EGLL? If so, please send it to my hotmail. If the files are too big, can you upload it to rapidshare or similar service? Thanks in advance.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 10:28:23 AM »
Sorry Pagy too far north of EGLL recordings
15 Miles East of EGNJ

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 10:57:36 AM »
Have you got recordings from EGLL? If so, please send it to my hotmail. If the files are too big, can you upload it to rapidshare or similar service? Thanks in advance.

I'm close to LHR (to the west).  Unfortunately my RB aerial is currently sitting on a SW-facing windowsill, so reception isn't very good, but I do have an excellent view of inbounds and outbounds from the SBS antenna in my loft, and I'd be happy to translate a BaseStation capture log so that you can replay it in RadarBox.  I can also filter out the non-LHR traffic, if that helps.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Pagy

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2009, 12:35:40 PM »
Thanks for your interest, any recordings appreciated. I am looking especially for sequencing planes on final.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2009, 01:04:57 PM »
Thanks for your interest, any recordings appreciated. I am looking especially for sequencing planes on final.

OK, I've started a recording, I'll post a link once I've converted it into RB format.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 07:10:21 PM »

Me too, I'm about 5 miles north of Heathrow.  I'll let you know when the file is ready.

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 08:03:54 PM »
OK Pagy,

Here you go.  This is just over one hour of traffic around London Heathrow EGLL.  I'm only using the standard RB antenna on the ground floor window ledge, so my coverage isn't brilliant at this location.  You should be able to see the flow of traffic though.  File is approx 3.5mb.

Right click on the file below and choose "Save as"

EDIT: Link below changed to working download.

http://www.ruyton.demon.co.uk/Downloads/RadarBox.rbl

Out of interest, I find that if I set the trail time-out to maximum (10000 seconds) then I can still see the flow of traffic with the 30 second update rate of Network traffic.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 03:25:39 PM by Allocator »

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 08:10:50 PM »
Out of interest, I find that if I set the trail time-out to maximum (10000 seconds) then I can still see the flow of traffic with the 30 second update rate of Network traffic.

How do you do that?  no matter what I do with the trail time-out, I still get 30s gaps between the dots on network aircraft, and just end up with a screenfull of dots.  Would be nice if RB joined-up the dots!!!