AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WOW! Myflights up:-)  (Read 19901 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Re: WOW! Myflights up:-)
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2009, 06:33:55 AM »
V3.0 decodes more mode-s frames which results in more flight numbers being shown.  Explained above.

John Racars

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2009, 09:53:50 AM »
With me, after installing V3.0 last friday, I have seen over 300 at peaktimes.

Hi All,

This morning for the first time I have seen more then 400. "MyFlights" box shows 409 at 11:45 am LT. Normaly its one of the peaktimes of the day indeed overhere.
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

radarspotter10

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2009, 10:19:34 AM »
With me, after installing V3.0 last friday, I have seen over 300 at peaktimes.

Hi All,

This morning for the first time I have seen more then 400. "MyFlights" box shows 409 at 11:45 am LT. Normaly its one of the peaktimes of the day indeed overhere.

hi john.
 over here in Ireland some days my flights going over the big pond to u.s.a. are about 200, i think its the jet stream it could go down to 50.
i mean they go top of Ireland one day then down the bottom next day
from pat
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 10:21:41 AM by radarspotter10 »

Fenris

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2009, 04:49:52 PM »
So allow me to ask again, what's the basis for the assertion that "the number of aircraft received can double" (or even increase at all) with V3.0?

I think they mean that there were some frames that were not decoded at all, or incorrectly before, so the fixes for that result in a greater number of aircraft shown when they would not have been before.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2009, 05:13:17 PM »
So allow me to ask again, what's the basis for the assertion that "the number of aircraft received can double" (or even increase at all) with V3.0?

I think they mean that there were some frames that were not decoded at all, or incorrectly before, so the fixes for that result in a greater number of aircraft shown when they would not have been before.

Resolved off-list.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Brisbane

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 11:20:57 PM »
Agree with the increase in flights logged, usually got around a 1,000 with previous versions, but since upgrading on Thursday have had 1768,1781 & 1646 respectively.

Fenris

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2009, 12:22:06 AM »
Resolved off-list.

Are you able to expand on that?

GlynH

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2009, 09:22:57 AM »
I am still using v2.10 Beta here (no duplicates?) and although I have been close to that magic 3000 figure before ( I have always seen 2500+ unique aircraft a day) I have finally broken it!

See attached pic.

This is just my 'naked' antenna without a pre-amp.

I mention this because I have the Kuhne 1090 and am just waiting for a short length of pre-terminated Westflex 103 to connect to the pre-amp at the masthead.

I only want to do this once! ;^)

As I have said before I would rather not have a pre-amp but it seems the best solution to protect against ESD or whatever it is that has killed two boxes now...

-=Glyn=-

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 09:27:38 AM by GlynH »

EGNXR

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2009, 12:15:35 PM »
Hi all,

I have seen a significant increase in individual aircraft record each day since using the V3 beta. I'm about 200 up on average each day. (13%)

IMHO there are several reasons compounded together which has given me this increase.

1. Season change in weather (More light aircraft up)
2. Season increase in commercial traffic (holiday trafic)
3. Mode-s changes that came in on 1st April (More Light + Mil mode-s traffic)
4. There is a subtle change in the sensetivity of the RB (Changes to the decoding Algorithm to stop purple rain etc)

Attatched is an exel graph of my polar diagram comparing V2 with V3 beta. Its not a massive change but its noticable.

Thats my take on it anyhow

Cheers John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX