anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: WOW! Myflights up:-)  (Read 19898 times)

EGNXR

WOW! Myflights up:-)
« on: June 20, 2009, 12:25:21 PM »
Hi all,

Just noticed my flights is showing 130 which is a record for me from home. Normally max out at about 105 at peak times.

How good is that:-)

John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

aps

Re: WOW! Myflights up:-)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2009, 12:54:39 PM »
After ive upgraded to V3 plus having my box serviced my flights logged for yesterday was 2944 !!!
Thats over double what i was getting before .

130 showing is a very good number indeed ... im not sure what my highest is but perhaps not that many ..

Good stuff.
Tony

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2009, 02:04:47 PM »
V3.0 is much more sensible in terms of software and decodes more messages.

EMA

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2009, 02:24:52 PM »
It would be even better if it displayed on the map, I would rather have an an accurate map plot as in V2 than more Myflights as per V3 and the map not plotting correctly ;-)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2009, 02:32:50 PM »
Unfortunately Not all aircraft send position information (althought most of them do, especially in Europe)...only those equipped with ADS-B. Have a look at the topic below for some more interesting info:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2608.0

EMA

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 02:38:06 PM »
Unfortunately Not all aircraft send position information (althought most of them do, especially in Europe)...only those equipped with ADS-B. Have a look at the topic below for some more interesting info:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2608.0

I am aware of this, I am refering to the issue with the current beta were the map stops updating unless you zoom in/out which did not happen in previous releases. One or two people have now mentioned this in the V3 beta feedback so its not just me.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 02:42:02 PM »
As explained on that topic yesterday we are collecting all these problems and our programming team is starting to work on them. More than 400 users upgraded to V3.0 now and fortunately only 2 or 3 reported that problem so no panic at all.

EMA

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 02:54:13 PM »
As explained on that topic yesterday we are collecting all these problems and our programming team is starting to work on them. More than 400 users upgraded to V3.0 now and fortunately only 2 or 3 reported that problem so no panic at all.

I am surprised by this response, As you know I was involved in the closed beta and spent a lot of time providing feedback to you.

It is a problem to me when I no longer see aircraft being mapped, this did not happen until later releases of the V3 beta, but if you see no panic then I feel I have been wasting my time.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 02:57:01 PM »
I am surprised by this response, As you know I was involved in the closed beta and spent a lot of time providing feedback to you.

Maybe there's a lesson here.  Airnav, can we perhaps have a private forum for closed beta participants next time, so we can explore these types of problem before they get into the public beta.

EMA

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 03:06:30 PM »

Maybe there's a lesson here.  Airnav, can we perhaps have a private forum for closed beta participants next time, so we can explore these types of problem before they get into the public beta.

A good suggestion, then we would have known issues of other testers.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 03:13:11 PM »
Tarbat: Excellent suggestion. We will implement it.
EMA: you have not been wasting your time at all. Actually you have done a great job. You will get an email from us within 24 hours. Stby.

EMA

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 03:17:50 PM »
Tarbat: Excellent suggestion. We will implement it.
EMA: you have not been wasting your time at all. Actually you have done a great job. You will get an email from us within 24 hours. Stby.

For info I have been testing this on three separate systems so I am intrigued as to why only two or three users have noticed the redraw issue but then again if you do not zoom in/out you will not realise aircraft are not being plotted.

aps

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »
Currently tracking 148 with 399 msgs/sec !!

busy morning then .

regards

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2009, 10:29:51 AM »
Lucky you!!

I've got 15 with 36 messages
15 Miles East of EGNJ

abrad41

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2009, 10:59:53 AM »
aps

Did you change your settings in preferances like tarbat did, to 110/790

If you did, it would be showing more flights, in the total box at the top.