AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Missing Aircraft Types in My Flights  (Read 15622 times)

jgrloit

Re: Missing Aircraft Types in My Flights
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2009, 09:37:21 PM »
It seems as though it is not just the aircraft table that needs more update capability.
The routes table is also being talked about, and that will not be updated by the mylogs, autopopulate routine!!!
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2009, 09:39:47 PM »
The routes table is also being talked about, and that will not be updated by the mylogs, autopopulate routine!!!

Routes in the route table have a date against them, and they auto-expire after a month (I think).

AirNav Support

• AirNav Systems
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 09:40:19 PM »
The aircraft type has been discussed at length recently as well. Please have a search of the forum.

Routes are updated as they have timestamp, and once a specfic time has passed they are rechecked with our servers.
Contact Customer/Technical support via:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/contact.html
[email protected]

jgrloit

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2009, 09:46:06 PM »
That did NOT happen during the last changeover in March.
I was still seeing routes, without the intermediate routing, as the aircraft regularly landed at EGNT.
Most were to or from AGPF and heading to the med!!!
Based in Hexham - Tyne Valley 
Best view for RB is North of a line between EGNT and EGNC  - includes OTA and Spade, to EGPH above 7500ft.   Can be TRUE mobile with Mobile Broadband feed to Network.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2009, 09:47:56 PM »
That did NOT happen during the last changeover in March.
I was still seeing routes, without the intermediate routing, as the aircraft regularly landed at EGNT.
Most were to or from AGPF and heading to the med!!!

Remember it can take uo to a month before the current route in the database reaches its expiry date.  So the routes can be wrong for up to a month.

EGNXR

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2009, 10:09:29 PM »

Yes, it should.  But sometimes when you FIRST see an aircraft, the GAS details aren't complete.  So it populates with "...".  What's needed is a way to force an update at a later date, and that's what Airnav need to develop, in my opinion.

I agree, and when the dust settles on V3.0 beta it will be very high on my wish list for V3.1

So I'll keep manually updating while I get my head around SQL. (Every days a school day)

The aircraft type has been discussed at length recently as well. Please have a search of the forum.

Airnav, the link to this thread is in an earlier reply. The outcome of the thread is open ended as there seems no definate answer to where the wrong short types are coming from or what is going to be done about it from your end?

Its one for the wish list for after V3.0 beta is all sorted. But we will cross that bridge later, I appreciate you have enough on with snagging the Beta.

Cheers John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2009, 10:48:26 PM »
But sometimes when you FIRST see an aircraft, the GAS details aren't complete.  So it populates with "..."

I'm confused - are we saying that GAS has "..." in the type field, which RadarBox reproduces, or that RadarBox itself populates the type with "..." when GAS doesn't have any details?

Although the end result would be the same, we're talking about a different fix in each case.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

EGNXR

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2009, 11:22:01 PM »
I'm confused - are we saying that GAS has "..." in the type field, which RadarBox reproduces, or that RadarBox itself populates the type with "..." when GAS doesn't have any details?

Although the end result would be the same, we're talking about a different fix in each case.

Dave, A quick scroll through network traffic produced this in Database Explorer.

OO-TAE was the last new aircraft my box picked up localy, the rest are from Network traffic. Note the BMD0 which on network shows DC10 N373FE and the differance with the screen shot of what shows in myflights. VERY STRANGE!

John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

mighty3507

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2009, 11:30:38 PM »

This is the issue I am seeing. I see the correct ICAO aircraft type for an aircraft in GAS. However, that value never gets populated into the AT column of my Aircraft database. I get '...' instead.  This appears to be occurring for all aircraft that are not Boeing or Airbus.

For example,  AC9AAE. This is an Delta Airlines MD 90. GAS shows an ICAO Type of ‘MD90’.  I saw this aircraft in my flights  with the ‘…’ for AT. I used the DB explorer  to delete the aircraft. I then closed RB and reopened.  The ‘…’ value for AT was brought back in.

I know there have been issues with incorrect values getting into GAS and then brought in to RB. I am just wondering why values I see in GAS do not come into my DB.

--Steve

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2009, 06:50:31 AM »

Don't know - only Airnav can answer that.  My guess is that, when first seen, the ICAO type is probably empty in GAS, and the Airnav server inserts the "..." in ICAO Type.  At some later date someone updates GAS with the ICAO Type, but that never gets to the Airnav servers.

But that is all guesswork.

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2009, 07:21:31 AM »
Which I assume goes back to what tarbat said before about once the ... is in the short column it is not updated?
15 Miles East of EGNJ

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2009, 07:45:19 AM »
Which I assume goes back to what tarbat said before about once the ... is in the short column it is not updated?

Correct - unless you correct it manually.

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2009, 07:58:18 AM »
Don't know - only Airnav can answer that.  My guess is that, when first seen, the ICAO type is probably empty in GAS, and the Airnav server inserts the "..." in ICAO Type.  At some later date someone updates GAS with the ICAO Type, but that never gets to the Airnav servers.

But that is all guesswork.

Fair enough.

Anyway, the good news is that, once V3.0 has settled down, I've been told that evaluating various options for getting the aircraft and photo details right is a priority from AirNav's point of view.

So expect to see a distinct improvement in the not-too-distant future.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 12:09:31 PM »
And so say all of us
15 Miles East of EGNJ