anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vulcan  (Read 4578 times)

Jeremy

• Jeremy
Vulcan
« on: February 21, 2010, 10:35:09 PM »
Excuse this post as being very 'off topic' but those interested in thw Vulcan bomber may like to see the financial problem it is faced with to keep it flying this year. We at the Newbury Amateur Radio Club (NADARS) will be running a special even call in March, to help raise awareness of their plight. I will be using the call for the last week of March.
www.vulcantothesky.org
J.
G4DOQ
QRZ.com

johnboy

Re: Vulcan
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 05:19:47 PM »
Good work Jeremy,would be a shame not to see her fly anymore,its about time the govt. or lottery money was put into it instead of some lame projects.
 John.

charlie

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 05:27:26 PM »
On the BBC website somebody has donated £400,000 to keep the big old girl in the sky.

Fantastic

johnboy

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 05:32:41 PM »
I bet its not Mr Brown, but great news.

Marpleman

• Proper aeroplanes!
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 09:51:27 PM »
It is indeed good news, but I feel they (VTTS and various show promoters) need to get their act together this summer.

It was obvious as to the Vulcans "pulling power" last year, especially at shows like Waddington, where it became almost impossible to get on the base on the Saturday - only to find her tucked away on Alpha for the weekend - admittedly due to tech problems no one could predict - but then with the certificate of airworthiness fiasco that threatened to ground her..........

The take off and "wing over" (almost) at Fairford on the Saturday,was worth the admission price alone, and was simply stunning and made you almost proud to be British!

If she can stay in the air all season and prove her worth, then hopefully she can secure a more certain future?

It would also be a fitting tribute if she could tear up the strip at Woodford Aerodrome where she was built (?) if the planned "farewell" event takes place!

I doubt she can continue to indefinately rely on the generosity of various wealthy orgs going forward, so let's hope an alternative longer term solution may be found

Here's looking forward to the "howl" this summer!

Best regards

Rich