anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta  (Read 324191 times)

colinhall

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta
« Reply #405 on: June 24, 2009, 12:16:56 PM »
Tarbat, sorry to be a pain. The ANRB I downloaded was 2007 so do I just go straight to the download of 2009? The pc I bought is a Compacq £499.99 and its 64 bit. My last one was 32 bit. Will this make any differance to the download?.Colin

abrad41

« Reply #406 on: June 24, 2009, 04:10:19 PM »
Seems Like I am loosing Records from Navdata.db3.

I transfered my Navdata.db3 file from V2.10 to the new V3.0 - This had 7771 records in it, I ran it last night for about 1.30 hrs and now I only have 6621 records. Whats going on here, am I missing something, thought it should be adding records, not taking them away.

Andy

Rural Outpost

• Still waiting to pick up a DAN AIR HS748 !
« Reply #407 on: June 24, 2009, 07:28:33 PM »
Since down loading the new update I am getting a broken purle line flying along rather than an aircraft ? It isnearly always the nearest aircraft to me, with all the others showing as normal. Is there a something I have done which I shouldn't have ? I would be grateful for any help in laymans terms.

Rural Outpost

John Racars

« Reply #408 on: June 24, 2009, 07:37:24 PM »
Hi All,

It is difficult to believe and I take the risk that you all explain me for fool. But I would like to you report:

This evening I started to uninstall all previous versions of RB, the last new version 3.0 include. There after I made a new install of 3.0 and, ofcourse, restored my backups op Logo's, MyLog.db3 and NavData.db3.

I start the program and all looks working without any problem and smooth.

I look at the map where the flight are enroute. There was also KLM flight 553 from EHAM to HECA on the map. This aircraft, B777 PH-BQN, was around the Dutch-German border.

Then, suddenly, I saw this:

the flightid KLM553 changed into KLM461 for a second, there after in KLM553, there after in KLM461 and there after again in KLM553.  There after this aircraft disappeared from my screen because it was then out of my area of reception. This all happend in a some seconds.

Hard to believe, but true! Anyone else saw things like this?

Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

John Racars

« Reply #409 on: June 24, 2009, 08:03:45 PM »
Later on this evening I saw again a wrong flight info on the map.

KLM1632 gives EHAM-ENGM as route-information.

Should be (and also correct in the RB Route database)

LIMC-EHAM.

Now I hope support is totally known my problems of the last week I reported. I will stop this now and will wait and see or, and when, the problems are solved.

As said before, it is incomprehensible for me why this was not in presume versions of RB; there was all going "normal" as far as I could see...
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

f6gsg

• Electa L12
« Reply #410 on: June 24, 2009, 08:35:46 PM »
To rod,

About F6GSG=HOME location,

Thank you, it's in the pannel configuration, i must change , by . and i have
my call displayed !!!!

BUT, now this is my ICOM PCR1500 receiver who's not OK ,because all
the frequency list are with the , separator !!!!!

i confirm, Alerts not run well.

Thanks for your help.
F6GSG

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #411 on: June 24, 2009, 09:08:37 PM »
F6GSG - I hope it hasn't messed up other things, like spreadsheets, too!

AirNav have this listed as a bug to fix, though only with low priority. For now, you will have to decide whether your PCR 1500 is more important than custom legends!

Rod
Rod

AllanK

« Reply #412 on: June 24, 2009, 10:12:22 PM »
Here is an update. These bugs have been confirmed (replicate them).
Serious:
Some machines software does not start
In my excitement i downloaded the upgrade to find that I also suffered the incompatibility problem (ie radarbox completely unusable!) - I then tried the full beta install - still broken.

Thanks to Spaice (very many thanks!) the change to windows 98/Me compatibility quickly had me back up and running.  However I had to read 28 pages of this thread and would like to suggest that support post a sticky about the beta to advise users to use the full install (as it goes by default into a new directory) to confirm operation and then (perhaps)  apply the upgrade.

I saw a post (among many) that support requested all posts into this thread but I really do think that for the end users' benefit a new (sticky) post will prevent many users encountering a broken install (and the bad feeling that leaves)

just my thoughts.
--
Allan

off to evaluate 3 beta now it is working in 98/me mode on XP SP3

EMA

« Reply #413 on: June 25, 2009, 07:18:03 AM »
Since down loading the new update I am getting a broken purle line flying along rather than an aircraft ? It isnearly always the nearest aircraft to me, with all the others showing as normal. Is there a something I have done which I shouldn't have ? I would be grateful for any help in laymans terms.

Rural Outpost

This is an issue with Beta3 which will be fixed when the beta update is released.

EK01

« Reply #414 on: June 25, 2009, 09:56:07 AM »

Rural Outpost

This is an issue with Beta3 which will be fixed when the beta update is released.

As mentioned this is a known issue. Will be glad to see it fixed as it kind of defeats the purpose of the RB in identifying what is there. In the meantime when you see the broken purple line, zoom in the map and back out again and the aircraft details should appear. You may be surprised at the number of 'missing' aircraft which suddenly 'reappear'. A pure pain.

Cheers

EMA

« Reply #415 on: June 25, 2009, 01:24:29 PM »

Rural Outpost

As mentioned this is a known issue. Will be glad to see it fixed as it kind of defeats the purpose of the RB in identifying what is there. In the meantime when you see the broken purple line, zoom in the map and back out again and the aircraft details should appear. You may be surprised at the number of 'missing' aircraft which suddenly 'reappear'. A pure pain.

Cheers

I have tested a fix for this bug and it does work although I don't think it will be a temporary patch and with be rolled in to the next beta 3 update.

golf

« Reply #416 on: June 25, 2009, 03:50:49 PM »
Hi all.

Congrats to AirNav for their excellent prog.

I have a problem at the moment in as much as I can only use RB if I load it in each time!
Is this a known bug?
It will run after I have downloaded it, but if I shut the laptop down, when I start it up the prog will not start.

Thanks Malc

Hi Malc have got the same problem. Tried various combinations of uninstall reinstall but cannot get v3.0 to start after program is closed.. Back to v2.01 for now. Maybe have to go into registry and completely remove everything from AirNav and start again. Any ideas out there? Cheers Pete

malcdee2001

« Reply #417 on: June 25, 2009, 04:01:44 PM »
Hi Pete,

Try loading the programme as instructed in FAQ

www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1570.0

This works for me, at the moment.

Malc

Rural Outpost

• Still waiting to pick up a DAN AIR HS748 !
« Reply #418 on: June 25, 2009, 05:39:38 PM »
EK01

Thanks for the reply. I await the update to fix it.

Regards
Rural Outpost

pwfu

• Follow me on Twitter
« Reply #419 on: June 25, 2009, 06:04:59 PM »
Just installed, well been trying for the last hour and finally got my XP machine to run it in 89/ME compatibility mode

Was dissapointed not to see the ability to remove the METAR / TAF boxes from Smart view that I raised a few months ago