anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta  (Read 324186 times)

dchainey

Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta
« Reply #300 on: June 22, 2009, 01:34:19 AM »
My update seems to be working fine with one exception. Typically while traveling I run RB on my laptop. When I get home I transfer MyLog to my main computer for manipulation (it's faster, easier to use etc). However when I transferred MyLog.db3 from Airnav Systems/AirNav Radarbox 2009/Data I ended up with only historical data, nothing from after when I installed v3.0. Does 3.0 store data in a different place?

Look in AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta\Data

This directory doesn't exist in upgraded versions. However it appeared when I did a full install. On copying MyLog from this directory to my main PC, I still got the same problem. It's not showing any flights after 8/2008, which is maybe when I did the RB2009 upgrade.

DaveC

I've done a little more investigating. Firstly I should explain more fully what I am currently doing. While at home I run RB on an XP Pro desktop. It has the full install of the RB 3.0 beta. It seems to be behaving normally. There are two Airnav directories (I'm paraphrasing the full names),

Airnav/Arb 2009/data

Airnav/ARB 2009 3.0 beta/Data

The first contains MyLog.db3           2.38Mb created at 1.51pm today
The second contains MyLog.db3         90Kb created at 3.54pm today

My log appears to run normally on this computer.

When I travel, I take an XP Home SP3 laptop with me, and, in the past, I've transferred MyLog.db3 from the first computer to this. If I do this now, MyLog only runs up as far as June 19. When I get home, I transfer MyLog from the laptop to a desktop running Vista Home SP2. If I do this now, the data only runs as far as June 2008.

Very odd!!

Do I still need the Radarbox 2008 and Radarbox 2009 directories on the various computers?

DaveC

Solved it. It appears that with my laptop, which was my original RB machine, there were three folders, RB2008, RB2009 and RB 2009 Beta 3.0.
Now it appears that the Beta 3.0 installation writes the new ANRB.exe to EACH of these folders. If you don't change the desktop icon, which I didn't, the laptop ended up pathed to RB2008, the XP desktop to RB2009 and the Vista desktop to RB2009 Beta 3.0.

It seems a daft way to do an installation, but there you are!!

DaveC

JRS98

« Reply #301 on: June 22, 2009, 05:17:13 AM »
AirNav,

My email alerts still aren't working properly. No info except time and Mode-S code. Just letting you know again so you can make a note of it. Thanks

nortonbeak

• RadarBox MVT7100 PCR1000 M0NBK
« Reply #302 on: June 22, 2009, 07:44:53 AM »
Whn I first installed V3 I had to use the Windows98/ME compatibilty fix to get it to run on my Windows XP laptop.

This morning when I try to start V3, the hardware checking box remains yellow.

On trying to run V2, there is no problem, everything starts normally.

I made the full install of V3 on Friday and it has operated OK over the weekend.

LiveATC

« Reply #303 on: June 22, 2009, 08:15:13 AM »
Developers attention, with a course of 359-000 degrees the vector of an airplane changes a direction for 180 degrees!

abrad41

« Reply #304 on: June 22, 2009, 08:39:33 AM »
Hi

Has anybody else had problems with this.

Before the menu's were slow and hanging - now with V3 I have a problem with them being to quick, I click on the menu's and they are gone before I have a chance to select what I want.

This is also happening with all the menu's including the filter menu's. This seem to be ok at startup, but after about 5 mins the problem start

I have also noticed now that v3 and the problem above is effecting the world computer, if I right click on the desktop, the menu just goes in seconds, when I was typeing this text I had to close RB as it was effecting me typeing. I think I may have to go back to v2 until the bugs are sorted.

Would this be a problem caused by useing it in compatibility mode (windows 98/windows Me)

Just a thought - the people having the problems with windows Xp sp3 - could they all be using a bit of software that is causeing the problem - such as AVG, etc etc.

Edit - also effecting the operation of my screen saver.

Andy
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 08:43:03 AM by abrad41 »

nortonbeak

« Reply #305 on: June 22, 2009, 09:35:24 AM »
Whn I first installed V3 I had to use the Windows98/ME compatibilty fix to get it to run on my Windows XP laptop.

This morning when I try to start V3, the hardware checking box remains yellow.

On trying to run V2, there is no problem, everything starts normally.

I made the full install of V3 on Friday and it has operated OK over the weekend.

Found out what the matter was.

I tried to transfer my MyLog file from V3 to V2. Then I got the hardware checking fault with V2.

Went back to an earlier version of MyLog and can now run V3 again.

Don't know why the MyLog caused a problem however.

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #306 on: June 22, 2009, 09:54:55 AM »
Sorry posting in correct thread

Further to below.  Install on my laptop with SP3 and worked fine.  Now tried the compatibility mode on PC and it is now starting.

Guess on for the DEV boys to sort.  Let me know if any testing required

Graham

Hi

I have tried multiple downloads. reboots of system stopping AVG AV, installed upgrade and full version.  Tried away from standard install.  V2.0 worked well no problem at all.  Running XP SP3.  But everytime I start ARNB.EXE it crashes with the windows send debug loog shown.

Help

Graham

nortonbeak

« Reply #307 on: June 22, 2009, 10:02:53 AM »
With the next software amendment will it be possible to correct that most irritating of spelling errors in MyFlights? I am referring to "Leveled" which should, of course read "Levelled".  :-)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #308 on: June 22, 2009, 10:20:38 AM »
With the next software amendment will it be possible to correct that most irritating of spelling errors in MyFlights? I am referring to "Leveled" which should, of course read "Levelled".  :-)

Strictly speaking "leveled" isn't actually wrong, it's simply the American spelling.

But that doesn't excuse (in Preferences -> RadarBox):

"In some countries it may be ilegal to share flight data.  You have to assume total responsability on the consequences of sharing flight data"

I notice there's a post from AirNav looking for users to translate the application into German, French, Portuguese, Spanish, Japanese, Italian, etc - I think they need someone to translate it into English first  :-)
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

malc41

• RadarBox Beta Testers
« Reply #309 on: June 22, 2009, 10:26:53 AM »
Problem that started in v2 and is still in v3. The map freezes and when I close the map and re-open there is no background map just the polar display and the aircraft.

15 Miles East of EGNJ

GreekSpy2001

• Graham's Aircraft Photos
« Reply #310 on: June 22, 2009, 01:24:39 PM »
Sorry posting in correct thread

Further to below.  Install on my laptop with SP3 and worked fine.  Now tried the compatibility mode on PC and it is now starting.

Guess on for the DEV boys to sort.  Let me know if any testing required

Graham

Hi

I have tried multiple downloads. reboots of system stopping AVG AV, installed upgrade and full version.  Tried away from standard install.  V2.0 worked well no problem at all.  Running XP SP3.  But everytime I start ARNB.EXE it crashes with the windows send debug loog shown.

Help

Graham

Further to this get a DLL error when clicking on a picture  saying ATL80.DLL cannot be run on Win 98 or ME.  Obviously this work around has its limitations. Hope the problem can be fixed asap.

Graham

EGNXR

« Reply #311 on: June 22, 2009, 02:22:06 PM »
Hi Airnav,

There seems to be a little gremlin in reporter today. See Attatched Screenshot:-(

Must have been a bit cramped;-)

Cheers John
Based in Derby 5Nm NW of EGNX

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #312 on: June 22, 2009, 02:47:21 PM »
There seems to be a little gremlin in reporter today. See Attatched Screenshot:-(

Are you referring to 4007FF?  If so, then the aircraft set FlightID JCB2 at 8:01:34, change to a different FlightID BCY158C at 08:18:14, and then changed back to JCB2 at 08:18:17.  It then probably went out of range, and re-appeared after timeout as FlightID JCB2 at 08:27:39.

Looks correct to me.  Although the BCY158C flightID looks a bit strange, so may have been a false reception.  EDIT: In fact BCY158C was being used by 4007FD, so a false reception ( http://www.live-civil-mode-s.eu/search/popup.php?zoekstring=4007FD ).

What are your timeout settings?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 02:55:24 PM by tarbat »

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #313 on: June 22, 2009, 02:57:17 PM »
I don't recall this having been mentioned before, but now a lot of aircraft on the ground at airports are showing silly altitudes, headings and speeds. Is RB decoding these correctly?

Rod
Rod

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #314 on: June 22, 2009, 03:02:40 PM »
Are they definately on the ground, and not just overflying?