anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta  (Read 324200 times)

Roadrunner

• Aviation enthusiast since school visit to Heathrow
Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2009, 10:36:21 AM »
Have run v3. Beta on both an XP SP3 desktop PC and on a Vista Laptop and working very well on both. I did have a problem on the XP machine first off when I tried an upgrade rather than a full install. When I did a delete of old program on the XP and ran the full install all worked right away.

Thanks Airnav

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2009, 10:59:24 AM »
Flight IDs can take some time to appear.  On these non-ADS/B aircraft, a ModeS ground station has to request the information before you see it in Radarbox.  So, if there's no ground station nearby, you have to wait until the aircraft is high enough before a more distant ModeS ground station requests this squitter.  I think!!

Bear in mind, though, that some non-ADS-B aircraft (such as USAF C-17s) still transmit the Aircraft Identification Squitter containing the callsign at 5-second intervals whether or not they are being interrogated by a ground station.

In SBS-land, these get shown by a solid circle on the display, meaning "we are receiving ADS-B messages from the plane, but that they do not contain latitude and longitude data".  Both RadarBox and BaseStation will display the callsign as they do for any other ADS-B aircraft, except that obviously no lat/lon will be shown.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

EK01

« Reply #122 on: June 19, 2009, 11:12:43 AM »
Hi guys,

I have uninstalled version 2 and reinstalled the full version 3. Flybe flights are still not showing their flight id's for dash 8's althought the Loganair SF 340's details are now showing along with route information. Any ideas ?

Also my home location appears to have moved. It's not showing the correct position according to what I had entered in Preferences.

Help appreciated.

Edit: Home Location now ok. Used Google Earth to reset. However in version 2 you used to be able to alter the size of the grid by moving your cursor down the side of it until 2 horizontal bars appeared and then moving it over to give a smaller grid and hence a bigger map horizontally. This does not seem to be there in version 3. Also having a closer look it would appear thet some flybes are giving full details and some are not. Perhaps Tarbat would know. Do all flybe dash 8 give flight id's.

Thanks guys for all your help. I will wait and see what develops re flybe. None on at the moment. Typical. One other small problem when I switch the RB off and switch on again, the initial map which comes up is of the world and not the one of my local area/home location. Any idea how to get the program to default to my home map. Did not have this problem before.

Cheers.

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2009, 11:28:19 AM »
One other small problem when I switch the RB off and switch on again, the initial map which comes up is of the world and not the one of my local area/home location. Any idea how to get the program to default to my home map. Did not have this problem before.

On the menu, MAP - OPEN/SAVE - SAVE MAP AS, and save as Default.ml3

LiveATC

« Reply #124 on: June 19, 2009, 11:38:53 AM »
Tell, how it it is possible to correct the name waypoints it is not visible, here an example

radarphil

« Reply #125 on: June 19, 2009, 11:41:13 AM »
just downloaded v3.0 i am getting error message has encountered anrb has encountered a problem and will close. the error message is appname anrb.exe app/ver0.0.0.0 modname advap32.dll mod ver 5.1.26005755 offset 0000eb75

EK01

« Reply #126 on: June 19, 2009, 12:06:41 PM »
Thanks Tarbat. Home location map now appearing on start up.

Cheers

John Racars

« Reply #127 on: June 19, 2009, 12:09:02 PM »
Flybe flights are still not showing their flight id's for dash 8's

Hi, they appear on my interface correctly now like the KLM-Embraers and Old Generation 'KLM B-737's as well!
Best Regards from the Netherlands, John Racars
13 NM East of EHAM
-
ANRB:
Version: 3D - 5.00.072
Antenna: outside WiMo GP-1090 (with ECOFLEX 10 cableconnection)
PC: Windows 7 SP 1 - 64 bit
-
RadarBox24 station: EHAM4

snowman

« Reply #128 on: June 19, 2009, 12:22:07 PM »
Can anyone tell me how to get the up/down arrows - I'm only seeing the +/-

Thanks

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #129 on: June 19, 2009, 12:26:53 PM »

Without messing around with your Window fonts, +/- is the only option.

snowman

« Reply #130 on: June 19, 2009, 12:30:26 PM »

Without messing around with your Window fonts, +/- is the only option.

I see - I must have mis-understood, I thought this was one of the enhancements in the beta release !

vruma

« Reply #131 on: June 19, 2009, 12:37:23 PM »
Hi snowman,

have a try on the fonts available in this thread: http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2864.0

However, using the type A font the up arrow is shown only. Using the type B font you get both, up & down arrows, but unfortunately all hyphen characters are shown as a down arrow too, as this character is being used in the radarbox software to indicate a descend rather than the real minus character. It's not an error of the font!
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 12:41:00 PM by vruma »

viking9

• Aircraft Photography
« Reply #132 on: June 19, 2009, 12:41:33 PM »
My full screen to interface and screen transitions seem to have fixed themselves

On my laptop at 1024 x 768 the Quick List and Advanced tabs do not appear.

Tom
Tom
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk UK
15 miles SE of EGUN
32 miles SE of MAM > DIKAS track
http://www.viking9.co.uk

EK01

« Reply #133 on: June 19, 2009, 12:55:10 PM »
Can anyone confirm if 'Lakey' is in the correct position. I used to be able to cover all the Scottish Central Belt airports and position 'Lakey' on one map view on the old version but with version 3 it's proving to be a bit of a problem trying to position the map correctly with the names of the fixes showing. I've tried various zooming in and out without much success. It looks as if 'Lakey' is positioned too far south now.

Manuel Mendes

• Manuel Brito Photography
« Reply #134 on: June 19, 2009, 01:05:18 PM »
Hi.
There is no Taiwan flag displayed.