anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta  (Read 324137 times)

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
Re: RELEASED - AirNav RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2009, 12:45:09 AM »
This is the correct behaviour - MyLog is an historical record showing how things were when the record was created. Changing data through Database Explorer changes the data that will be used for future records.

For example, if an aircraft changes ownership, you wouldn't want old records showing the new owner - you would want them showing the owner at the time, but changing the owner in database explorer means that future records will show the current owner.

Hope that helps

Rod
Rod

freqhopping

« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2009, 12:54:21 AM »
This is the correct behaviour - MyLog is an historical record showing how things were when the record was created. Changing data through Database Explorer changes the data that will be used for future records.

The data has existed for months in the way I've entered it and has been displaying as such in MyLog up until I updated to v3 today.   Now some, not all, of the Air Force entries are changing in MyLog when I receive them again.

This entry has existed for months with USAF as the operator.  In MyLog and on the main screen it would say USAF.  Now on the main screen and MyLog it says United States Air Force despite the DB still saying USAF.

At 2146 it's now doing the same thing, showing USA - Air Force, for an A-10 that I manually entered the entire entry from the start because it's not in any of the online databases.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:49:52 AM by freqhopping »

JRS98

« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2009, 12:59:27 AM »
freqhopping,

You probably need to unclick AUTO-POPULATE in the preferences. Coast Guard 1702 turned into a Slovak Air Force jet for me. You will get a lot of bad info if you let it auto-populate.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:03:47 AM by JRS98 »

JRS98

« Reply #78 on: June 19, 2009, 01:13:14 AM »
It looks like the alerts aren't working properly when sent to my email. No aircraft info or altitude just the time and hex code.

Falcon

No Range Alerts
« Reply #79 on: June 19, 2009, 01:56:44 AM »
Hello,

I am not getting any alerts using the range settings. I have it set the same way I did in version two.

Anyone else experience this yet?

Edit: Just went back to the original version two and immediately regained range alerts so there is an issue there.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 03:19:21 AM by Falcon »

jmhayes

« Reply #80 on: June 19, 2009, 02:10:52 AM »
... they are probably legit 'dupes' ...
Any chance of AirNav telling us what they are using for an algorithm here?

Markus48

« Reply #81 on: June 19, 2009, 02:19:44 AM »
 Beta 3.0 started off great here on home Vista but then My Log/Reporter
stopped working at all.
I liked getting more US Navy aircraft ID's so that was a  plus!
Autopopulate started off great then lost My Log/reporter..
Needs work but I think you are headed in right direction.

Mark

prbflight

« Reply #82 on: June 19, 2009, 02:27:47 AM »
Finally!  I just got home from work and I've installed 3.0 beta.  It's been 2 years that I've waited and finally...finally I can e-mail reports.  Great Job AirNav!  I am now off to email a report to myself again!

Paul@cyyb

Falcon

« Reply #83 on: June 19, 2009, 02:35:37 AM »
Finally!  I just got home from work and I've installed 3.0 beta.  It's been 2 years that I've waited and finally...finally I can e-mail reports.  Great Job AirNav!  I am now off to email a report to myself again!

Paul@cyyb
Hi Paul,

I am another happy camper from the West Coast who had the same problem if you remember :-)

Regards,
Falcon

prbflight

« Reply #84 on: June 19, 2009, 02:48:10 AM »

Paul@cyyb
Hi Paul,

I am another happy camper from the West Coast who had the same problem if you remember :-)

Regards,
Falcon

Oh yes I remember your dilemma was the same as mine.  There were a number of us Canuks that couldn't use this feature.  I've just tried the e-mail function 4 times to make sure I wasn't dreaming.  I celebrated by having a beer.  Now if we can work on a SMS feature for the next release.

Paul@cyyb 
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 02:52:01 AM by prbflight »

callan

« Reply #85 on: June 19, 2009, 03:27:47 AM »
Hi

tried installing both the full version and upgrade and like other forum members i can't get either to work and again get this message.

ANRB.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Running windows XP service pack 3

But thanks Airnav for your hard work on improving an already brilliant product.

Callan

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #86 on: June 19, 2009, 06:21:06 AM »
... they are probably legit 'dupes' ...
Any chance of AirNav telling us what they are using for an algorithm here?

I don't know what algorithm is either, but a good rule-of-thumb which I've been using in my own flights database for the past 3 years is to trigger a new flight record if either there is a break of more than X minutes (I use 15) in the reception of signals from the same aircraft, or (obviously) a change in FlightID.

It might be worth making the former a configurable RadarBox parameter as it may be depend on a user's location, particularly proximity to an airfield.  No rule will be foolproof, but this one works pretty well for me.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

jonjorobb

« Reply #87 on: June 19, 2009, 06:23:08 AM »
Ive just installed the VOR Fix. POL is back, But the BEE/BMA E145 Flight ID's are not.

They were there before I installed this update

Jonjo

EDIT: Some are appearing now, but ive got a significant amount with no Flight ID (BEE, EZE, BMA etc)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 06:27:38 AM by Jonjo Robb »

abrad41

« Reply #88 on: June 19, 2009, 06:26:16 AM »
AirNav

tried installing both the full version and upgrade and like other forum members i can't get either to work and again get this message.

ANRB.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Running windows XP service pack 3

Same Here

abrad41

« Reply #89 on: June 19, 2009, 06:44:08 AM »
It seems everyone with the above problem is Running

Windows XP with SP3