AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: new toy !  (Read 11840 times)

fatkat

new toy !
« on: June 18, 2009, 11:15:06 AM »
so I've had my radarbox a couple of weeks ......

so some obvious questions first .....in the table that shows the list of current aircraft ....the globe symbol means ...?   can 't find it in the help [but then its a pretty poor help!]

As I'm in the east midland  I can look out over towards the wash and see the exclusion zone for the military stuff to ply in  ......my polar plot  shows this clearly as I don't get any hits from within ...

whats odd  is that on the height [lollipop]plot  I get clusters of transiant hits ...as many as six  lollipops all in the same location and often at differing heights  the colours can rappidly change too ....am I seeing  stuff out of conningsby   ie typhoons 

these all cluster around the western corner of the wash  but if I try to narrow down there position by zooming in they disappear .....I can  get to within an area 10nm square     

anybody else seeing these .....

they were very active yesterday afternoon   I was getting hits every five minutes or so ....today  I've had a few single hits    again from the same area..

setting to network ..does not provide anyfurther information.....   

fatkat

Re: new toy !
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 11:16:30 AM »
oh yes tried to take a screen shot .but the height disply doesn't appear ....anyway to take a pic of that ?

radarspotter10

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 11:26:05 AM »
oh yes tried to take a screen shot .but the height disply doesn't appear ....anyway to take a pic of that ?
hi.
i use this program to take snapshots,
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
it you got stuck on anything give me a shout.
from pat

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 12:02:22 PM »
so I've had my radarbox a couple of weeks ......

so some obvious questions first .....in the table that shows the list of current aircraft ....the globe symbol means ...?   can 't find it in the help [but then its a pretty poor help!]

As I'm in the east midland  I can look out over towards the wash and see the exclusion zone for the military stuff to ply in  ......my polar plot  shows this clearly as I don't get any hits from within ...

whats odd  is that on the height [lollipop]plot  I get clusters of transiant hits ...as many as six  lollipops all in the same location and often at differing heights  the colours can rappidly change too ....am I seeing  stuff out of conningsby   ie typhoons 

these all cluster around the western corner of the wash  but if I try to narrow down there position by zooming in they disappear .....I can  get to within an area 10nm square    

anybody else seeing these .....

they were very active yesterday afternoon   I was getting hits every five minutes or so ....today  I've had a few single hits    again from the same area..

setting to network ..does not provide anyfurther information.....  

Have you really looked through the 100 page PDF help manual that you will find in the RB directory?

The program help file contains the same information.

Also, look at the support videos on the main Airnav site:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/Video/index.html

The manual is available online too:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/radarbox/help

There should be plenty to help you here :-)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 12:04:03 PM by Allocator »

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 12:06:55 PM »
so some obvious questions first .....in the table that shows the list of current aircraft ....the globe symbol means ...?   can 't find it in the help [but then its a pretty poor help!]

Page 8 of the manual:

"The last 2 aircraft are transmitting full position information (shown by the Globe in the first column) and will appear on the map"
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

fatkat

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 12:19:18 PM »
if its important information ...should'nt it be in the help menu .....[I should have said it was only the on screen drop down  help box I've used ....]

I shall endeavor to find the 100page all inclusive pdf file  ..that seem to not been mention either on the install cd [as far as I can remember ] or by my supplier ..who apologized for the poorsity of the instructions available, or my inital forays on the navibox web site.

many thanks for those pointers

Any thoughts to what the transient signals I'm recieving ?

fatkat

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 02:18:27 PM »
ok ..here's a screen pic showing two  plots in blue  they lasted about ten seconds  and ther position is similar to the others I've seen of the last couple of days

[attachment deleted by admin]

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 02:21:23 PM »
You might find that the two plots are just off the map - try zooming out.  I normally have the Vertical Tracking View turned off (F8), so haven't noticed this behaviour.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 02:24:33 PM by tarbat »

fatkat

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 02:25:07 PM »
yes thats exactly my though when I first saw them .... but there not  I've tried zooming out ...but usually they have disappeared  when the screen has refreshed...

doing the same on plots that have position data[trails]  they disappear off the height plot as they  disappear off the map ....

intrigued

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 02:28:49 PM »
I guess they could just be spurious position reports - see the purple rain thread.  Each to their own, but I find the Vertical Tracking View just takes up valuable screen space!!

fatkat

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 02:31:19 PM »
this one taken moments ago has three plots !

[attachment deleted by admin]

fatkat

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 02:32:55 PM »
I'll get the size right !

fatkat

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 02:35:05 PM »
could it be ghosting of some sort ??

fatkat

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2009, 02:47:12 PM »
both now showing change of height  data

can you see or is that image too small ?

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 02:49:38 PM »
As I said, probably spurious position reports (see purple rain thread).  I've seen aircraft jumping between two different altitudes like this.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 02:52:27 PM by tarbat »