anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: My polar diagram  (Read 5378 times)

atcukmatty

My polar diagram
« on: June 16, 2009, 07:01:19 PM »
hi, got my radarbox today.
my ive attached my polar. its pretty rubbish and i think i need a external antenna. It antenna is currently in the loft and has been for about 30 minutes. should the polar diagram become better over time?

I also have a thing at the bottom of the software that shows the flightlevels of the aircraft. Can this be removed?

atcukmatty

Re: My polar diagram
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2009, 07:08:35 PM »
im getting 7 flights atm lol

imropes

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2009, 07:12:15 PM »
Press key F8 to remove the hight graph. are u surrounded by trees buildings etc

imropes

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2009, 07:18:23 PM »
As high level flts pass through they will punch holes and produce spikes. Took mine a few days to settle

bearcat

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2009, 07:20:01 PM »
Try moving your antenna to see where you get the best results. Moving it a bit could make all the differecnce, but you may need to run it for a while during busier periods for a better polar diagram

Stewart

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 07:23:37 PM »
hi, got my radarbox today.
my ive attached my polar. its pretty rubbish and i think i need a external antenna. It antenna is currently in the loft and has been for about 30 minutes. should the polar diagram become better over time?

The Polar Diagram is only produced as aircraft are detected, so you must wait until a good selection of aircraft have passed through your area.  A minimum of 24 hours is required and you should see a further improvement as time goes on.

If you lived somewhere where there were no aircraft at all within 250 miles, you would have no polar diagram at all - but it wouldn't mean that your antenna needed improving :-)

Where have you got your antenna located I wonder?

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 07:57:10 PM »
Hi Matty

Welcome to the world of the Radarbox I know you'll enjoy it. As we are only  a couple of miles apart this might help. Your polar diagram will increase as time goes by as the others have said, it's not easy but be patient. When i used the supplied aerial it was inside a double glazed window facing North. My Diagram looked similar to yours the spike past the IOM is very similar. You might well get up north some more and I got out towards Edinburgh also. Westerly Eglinton was about it and then towards Dublin I got down a similar distance to your spike past the IOM.

Anyhow enjoy and if you need anymore ask everyone on here is very friendly and helpful.

All the best

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

atcukmatty

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 08:25:35 PM »
thanks. if i leave it on say for about a week and the polar improves, if i turn the radarbox off will it reset so i have to wait again for a desent polar diagram?

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2009, 08:27:36 PM »
No, it will not reset.

You can only reset the polar diagram by using File > Preferences > General then the Clear Polar Diagram button.

HadNav

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 02:08:53 AM »
Post your polar diagram after a week or twos use and you will see a big difference. I have as few as 8 flights per sec sometimes. My average direct log over 12 hours of use is approx 700 aircraft.

atcukmatty

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 09:57:07 AM »
hi,
well ive ran it for 12 hours and its looking better

radarspotter10

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 10:10:34 AM »
hi,
well ive ran it for 12 hours and its looking better
hi.
that's very good for a indoor aerial in belfast, you are doing well.
from pat

imropes

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 10:12:30 AM »
It will get better still over time.