anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Thunder and Lightning  (Read 4803 times)

Canonjohns40D

Thunder and Lightning
« on: June 14, 2009, 11:21:41 AM »
Hi all a heavy thunderstorm approaching me as I type so I'm going to disconnect the system until it passes. Hopefully see you all a little later.

John
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

airnav1967

• photo of the A380 taking off from Manc air
Re: Thunder and Lightning
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 06:56:28 PM »
Hi there, Dont blame you I dont like thunder and lighning always advises to switch off electrical equipment. So good on you I do the Same.

airnav1967
I love aviation and the air nav is the best invention ever

atcukmatty

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 07:32:26 PM »
hey john, i didnt get no thunder and lightening :(. im jealous of your polar diagram lol. do you have the radar extender antenna and westflex 103? might have to invest..

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 09:18:55 PM »
Hi Matty no its the DPD aerial and Wesflex 103 for me. If you are passing Cloverhill you can't miss the aerial. How’s your polar diagram coming on now?

Did you get AE0978 01-0076 C-37A c/s SPAR76 earlier tonight he went right overhead both our locations?

John
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 09:21:18 PM by Canonjohns40D »
Hi I'm John... and I'm a Radarbox User. I'm based in Bangor Co Down Northern Ireland.

DazrahT

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 09:47:45 PM »
Don't know what site you are using, but this one has been pretty accurate for me for the past few years

http://www.blitzortung.de/DF/Webpages/index.php?station=2&mode=0&map=5&lang=e
In the middle of EGBE and EGBB

atcukmatty

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 09:57:52 PM »
yes i did get that today and i noticed it at the time on screen :). Well im moving it around atm. i think ive found the best location for it. I will leave it for 24 hours and post it here. The maximum amount of planes i get it is around 30 at any one time.  What are you getting? its been on for around 32 hours and in total i have got 704 aircraft in my log.
 Also John did you see the TNT not so long ago. Going for the approach runway 25 at aldergrove. He was too high for the ILS and had to do a circle to reduce his altitude. It was one pretty tight circle he made lol.

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 10:16:26 PM »
HI Matty i saw the TNT though I thought he was outbound from Aldergrove. Did you get the puma that just went overhead 5 mins ago?

Running for 24 hours yesterday i got 1054 aircraft. At this time I'm getting 15 aircraft on my flights not unusual att his hour. Up to now today with the system down 3 hours I have logged 890 aircraft. All time log is 5504 aircraft. Ithink when V3 is released maybe tomorrow we will all see those figures rise.

John
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 10:19:15 PM by Canonjohns40D »

atcukmatty

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 10:36:46 PM »
hey, it maybe looked like he was going outbound cause he did a circle? I heard the puma on the airband but i didnt get him on the radar and have had a few pumas today didnt see anything take it they dnt transmit ADBS? Its the same with jersey flights :(.
Ive been in a puma not so long ago :D with the air cadets.

Nice loggings there. I never expected that many transatlantic flights especially around morning/afternoon time they just keep coming.

oo theres TNT going back out now :)...ahh i love this :P

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 10:41:09 PM by atcukmatty »

Canonjohns40D

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 10:51:20 PM »
HI Matty spot on that is him just outbound. There is another puma up now and you are correct no plot on the map.

You'll enjoy the box it is addictive. I have the main PC linked to the laptop so in good weather I sit outside with the laptop and binoculars and it is unbeatable.

Nice to have been in a Puma well done best i have was a jet ranger. Maybe we'll get to meet up.

G-PSNI just up now also.
John

juangelb

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
    • Máquinas Voadoras
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 02:15:45 AM »
Hi Canonjohns40D,

All right there ?

Well, taking a look on the statistics of the bolts world's most hitted areas... Brazil is number ONE !

I have 3 RBs workig here with antenae at 3 top buildings... ( 16 - 20 and 17 floors)
I never disconected anything, neither my computers, neither uboxes, neither RBs.... NOTHING !!!!

I also am almost shure that nobody in the world abused more than me in "LUCK" on installing RBs at all places, all ways, etcs (as somebory told) ... and I am sure this it is not a luck or lack of luck matter....

And after all this... I can tell that in my opinion (not necesary I am the truth's owner... as nobory is...) thar RB is virtually undestroyable....

Albeit it seems that a few people seems to have almost all days RB blowed up.... even with a brezze... maybe they are smokers ? Hahhhhahhhha !

I sware to You ... that I did till now a lot of abuses and effort on damaging at least one of my RBs... without a positive resolt....

In addition to theese abuses, it is needed to know that here wee have an electric service.... of an doubt quality.... energy drops... stays off for a while.... comes back sudenly... Do You imagine the spikes ?

Ha... but you can tell.... RB is connecter to computer ... not to the electric source directry...

Ok, all my RBs are connected direcly to power source, since all are working connected to Uboxes, directly power feed... Not trough USB computer.

So... without the proposal of offending anybody ....  but,  if You are blowing one RB every day.... every hour.... Sincerely .... I think that You can help me !
Today is a loto with U$ 10.000.000,00 ... it is only needed to bet and hit 6 numbers ftom 01 trough 60 .... It is needed only to get all 6 numbers....
Cam someone of the blowinng RBs everyday help me on this... ? Hahhhahhhha

I sweare that I will give You 10 RBs, so You to stay blowing them... !!!!!, If You are able to get me the 6 winning numbers, of course....

Take it esy...   Be happy....

I think that the whole world was more happy when the only way of using a computer, it was trough a command line..... It was needed to know al least the basic.... Nowadays... almost everyone that is able to do a single mouse click on a Windows screen ... is sure that he has a very high acqaitance with TI....
Modern times....

Cheers