anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Future Version Suggestions / Requests  (Read 240912 times)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
Future Version Suggestions / Requests
« on: June 17, 2009, 05:10:34 PM »
As you may know we are releasing V3.0 is a public beta version. This opens the door for users suggestions for new features that were not implemented until now.
Please use this topic to discuss these features as well as anything you would to see in your RadarBox 2009 software.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 03:44:09 PM by AirNav Development »

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
Re: V3.0 Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 05:14:02 PM »
This is a very old thread describing the port 30003 output of the SBS-1.  I seem to remember some discrepancies though when comparing it to my SBS-1 output.

http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1402

I know that it was an aspiration to copy this format with RB to allow the use of add-ons and to aid the development of third party programs.

Dave Reid, over to you :-)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
Re: V3.0 Suggestions/Requests
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 05:27:48 PM »
Dave Reid, over to you :-)

Nothing to add, really - I was about to post a link to the same sticky on the Kinetic forum.

And I can't believe that AirNav need either of us to tell them what's in their own version of the socket output, or where it differs from what it's emulating.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

Manuel Mendes

• Manuel Brito Photography
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 07:09:42 PM »
Up/Down arrows for climb and descend. Maybe some little testing to see if it passes for V3.0 or not.

e777

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 07:28:33 PM »
I would like the facility to playback recordings at an accelerated rate so I can quickly scan planes that passed near my location throughout the day while I was away and then switch back to live realtime tracking.

t1mb0

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 08:25:49 PM »
1. keep +/- for ascending/descending, better still have a property whereby whoever wants arrows can have them, and the rest of us can keep the self explanatory symbols.
2. Get rid of the silly animated revolving icon in top right hand corner.
3. Open up the application with EXACTLY the same settings/screen setup as it was when it was last closed. If I say no sharing when I feel like it, I mean it. If I don't want pictures I mean it. Or at least ask, 'Do you want to save your layout' on exit.
4. MyLog - Reporter... Why only today and yesterday? Have a box for any date.

Don't get me wrong I think it is a wonderful bit of kit !

apologies if some of these are already on the list
12m SE of EGHI

bailey_uk

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 08:52:42 PM »
Not had the beta to see if this has already been covered, but the one thing that I think would improve it, is to have conditional alerts.

I.e. to get only get an alert IF an aircraft has a ModeS of 43c* AND is Below FL160 for example.

James
Possibly the youngest RadarBox Owner!

jmhayes

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 09:15:29 PM »
port 30003
Support for port 30003 to be "compatible" with the SBS-1/BaseStation output format was, for a while at least, a "feature" of RadarBox.  In v2.0 at least, not all aircraft are supported: in particular, only those with full ADS-B support are delivered.  The request was for all aircraft to be delivered.  I see from some of the early v3.0 beta users that there's "more" data available, though it's certainly not what I'd call "compatible" ... for instance, only "MSG,3" format messages are delivered.  It's not terrible, but it could be better.  It just seems like the easiest thing to do is to deliver every message, but maybe I'm missing something ...

freqhopping

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 09:43:46 PM »
Does 3.0 have the ability to select which fields are displayed in the reports generated from MyLog?  That's something I would like, particularly being able to display the comments field because I manually add callsigns I hear on the radio if/when it is not displayed or is not the same as that displayed.

Better (ie aligned) formatting of the reports would be nice.

DazrahT

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 09:46:19 PM »
One change to the interface of the software that I would like to see, is support for dual screen operation.

Therefore being able to have the radar display on one screen and the flight details grid on another.
In the middle of EGBE and EGBB

tarbat

• ShipTrax Beta Testers
    • Radarbox at Easter Ross
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 09:47:30 PM »
In v2.0 at least, not all aircraft are supported: in particular, only those with full ADS-B support are delivered.  The request was for all aircraft to be delivered.

I'm seeing non-positional aircraft in Planeplotter now, running the v3.0 beta.  Check on the Planeplotter network, sharer code pQ.  5-min delayed of course.

t1mb0

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 09:48:05 PM »
DazrahT - just like to say that is a good one.
12m SE of EGHI

RodBearden

• Rod's RadarBox Downloads
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 09:49:42 PM »
I would like to be able to search MyLog for particular Flight ID's. I know Tarbat and co can do wonderful things with SQLlite and all that, but I just want to do it within the RB software.

Rod
Rod

Fenris

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 10:53:14 PM »
Presumably this thread should be retitled V4 Suggestions./Requests now to avoid confusion with the soon to be released V3.0 public beta.

My request is for the flight details columns to be ordered and selected on or off.

Thanks

jmhayes

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2009, 11:03:00 PM »
When does the v4.0 beta start?  I'm sick of talking about v3.0 already :D