anything
AirNav RadarBox
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Illegal Activity to halt AirNav RadarBox Success  (Read 24679 times)

jmhayes

Re: Illegal Activity to halt AirNav RadarBox Success
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 04:20:55 PM »
Just curious as to what you will use the port data for - genuine question.  Are you planning to write software, or is there something specific you want to use with RB?
I've written a lot of software and would write more -- if 7879 is good -- or would like to point it at RBs rather than just SBS-1s.  As of v2.0, neither are of much use and the database doesn't store enough information to be as useful as reading the feed directly.  I think the strength of these boxes is in the data; the real-time interfaces are cute toys, but the historical data that you can collect and aggregate is the real gem from my point of view.

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2009, 04:22:32 PM »
We do have AirNav Live Flight Data, a software that extracts data in real-time (XML format) from the box. It is simple and was designed for this purpose.
If you are interested in more details contact our support at [email protected]

Allocator

• RadarBox24.com Beta Testers
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2009, 04:25:26 PM »
I think that the whole port data output has 'dropped of the scope' of late, as nobody seems to have been discussing it.  If you are going to write software for RB, then maybe we need to break away from the SBS-1 'format' and ask for a specific 'RB' format instead?

Maybe a new thread on this.  As it hasn't been mentioned for ages, and it isn't listed in the V21./3.0 changes, then it probably isn't included in this update.  Our fault I guess for letting this slip off the topic list?

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2009, 04:27:22 PM »
Speaking of playing well with PlanePlotter (and other external applications), this is the #1 thing that I've been waiting for to be fixed in 2.1/3.0: external data either over 7879 or 30003 ... can't wait to try the beta when it comes out to see if this has been fixed.

I'm hoping so too, although there wasn't any mention of the socket output being fixed on the published list of suggestions/improvements for 3.0

Anyway, we'll find out soon enough.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2009, 04:34:10 PM »
V3.0 will be released as public beta so we will be open for suggestions for the final release of the application.

jmhayes/DaveReid: please send an email to our support at [email protected] with your requests. They will pass it to us and we will evaluate and implement the changes. There is point in complaining if a features has or has not been added if you didn't directly requested it.

Allocator

« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 04:43:12 PM »
I think that we need to be sure just what we want from the port output - there was a similar thread regarding the Reports a while back and no two people could agree :-)

DaveReid

• Heathrow last 100 ADS-B arrivals
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 04:50:41 PM »
I think that we need to be sure just what we want from the port output - there was a similar thread regarding the Reports a while back and no two people could agree :-)

AirNav stated some time ago that the port 30003 socket output was intended to provide compatibility with add-on applications developed for the SBS, and that the then current status was a work-in-progress ...

Re the 7879 port output, I don't know anyone who uses that for anything so I can't comment.
This post has been scanned for any traces of negativity, bias, sarcasm and general anti-social behaviour

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 04:51:37 PM »
What data you need on port 30003 that is not there now? What kind of messages/msgs nr? we can developed anything but we need to know in detail the requests.

Allocator

« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2009, 05:07:04 PM »
I remember when I looked at this last.  I used a very old post by Kinetic to see what the port 30003 output was, but it didn't match the output from my SBS-1, so I ended up very confused.

Is copying the SBS-1 port output going to be a restriction, rather than developing a RB format?

Allocator

« Reply #24 on: June 17, 2009, 05:09:43 PM »
Found it - dated 2005 though!

http://www.kinetic-avionics.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1402

Dave, I see that you were a key player in this thread - the ideal person to sort out the RB output :-)

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2009, 05:10:53 PM »
As this is getting off-topic we have created a new topic forum V3.0 suggestions. All complaints about not developed features should go there.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2885

daveg4otu

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2009, 08:01:21 PM »
Whatever the pros and cons of the Radar Box and it's software - you-all may be interested to read this educational and informed discourse on  Google's advanced page- ranking system......

http://www.google.com/technology/pigeonrank.html

:)
5 Miles N of BHD at 50.28.28 N/3.30.43W...400ft amsl.

Hampshire, Devon, Dorset and Isle of Wight  Airfields Websites.....
http://devonairfields.tripod.com/index.htm

jmhayes

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2009, 09:17:04 PM »
What data you need on port 30003 that is not there now?
I posted on the other thread, but for those following this thread: in v2.0 only ADS-B messages were delivered to port 30003/7879 ... so in a simple way: ALL messages that get decoded by the box, with all of the decoded fields available.  Simple?  Easy policy: don't thow any data away :D

jmhayes

« Reply #28 on: June 17, 2009, 09:18:55 PM »
We do have AirNav Live Flight Data, a software that extracts data in real-time (XML format) from the box.
How much is it?

AirNav Development

• AirNav Systems
    • AirNav Systems
« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2009, 09:29:24 PM »
Please contact our support for details at [email protected]